Elegant Tea?

killsport

New Elite member (yay) here, and wondering what the Elegant Tea involved. Would anyone on a recent S-class ship be willing to share details? Also, with the free bag of laundry, is that per person or per cabin (and does it come back the next morning, or a few days)?

THANK YOU!!!

It has been years since we have attended the "elegant tea" event for Elite and higher loyalty levels, so others will have to comment.

The free bag of laundry loyalty perk is per person. There generally is a 30 piece per bag limit, but on sailings in water restricted areas the limit is lowered to 20 pieces; your welcome letter from the Captain's Club hostess will indicate how many pieces of laundry are allowed on your specific sailing. Also, the laundry loyalty perk is not valid the last three days of the cruise. If your stateroom attendant picks up your laundry during the evening turndown service we generally have it returned the next afternoon, but periodically it will be returned the following day.

We have never made the "Elegant Tea" . Too much other things going on at the time. If two "Elite" are in the cabin then one gets two bags of laundry. If only one is Elite only one free bag of laundry. Whilst non "elite" passengers sharing a cbin can enjoy the same functions they don't get the perks like free laundry and internet etc.

Our experience is that if laundry goes out in the morning it is normally back by afternoon following day. Check with you cabin steward. He/she will be in the best place to advise you

I share the opinions of the previous posters. The "elegant tea" sounds special, but in reality was not so special. I am usually involved with other activities at the time of the tea service and I have found it was not worth the bother to change out of very casual clothes/swim trunks to attend this tea service. But, since it is all new to you, try it and form your own opinion.

My laundry service has been reasonably prompt and gets returned to me roughly 24 hours later or a little sooner, but not the next morning.

I beg to differ. We go to the Tea on every cruise. The Elegant Tea is worth the effort to attend and is held in Blu. You have a selection of teas served table side. They served lots of small appetizer sized sandwiches along with a medley of desserts. The whipped cream and jams for the desserts were special. Real good food and superb service.

I beg to differ. We go to the Tea on every cruise. The Elegant Tea is worth the effort to attend and is held in Blu. You have a selection of teas served table side. They served lots of small appetizer sized sandwiches along with a medley of desserts. The whipped cream and jams for the desserts were special. Real good food and superb service.

Like most other on board activities one has to prioritise ones actions. Is getting dressed for Elegant tea more important than lazying beside the pool with a Pina Colada. No right or wrong answer. Also one needs to consider how many sea days there are in a cruise. It is easier to partake in CC functions when there are lots of sea days. Last year on a 10 day Med cruise we only had one sea day and many CC functions fell by the wayside as a consequence.

We will see how next weeks 14 day including 6 sea days goes

I agree. It is worth trying at least since this is the OP's first experience as Elite. The sconds with whipped cream and jam are amazing. I recently became aware that a less-formal afternoon tea with some of the similar desserts is available in the Oceanview Cafe around 330pm - not sure if this is the case on all ships...

When people are talking about getting dressed for tea, I would like to know how dressy you need to be. I will be a first time Elite member on my 1st Celebrity cruise and would like to attend the Elegant tea?

I have gone wearing smart casual clothes - nice pants and a nice shirt with collar. The invite states:

"no shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, sandals, bathing attire, and no rips or hole in jeans if worn"

Enjoy!

Deleted

One of my favorite activities on the SS Norway was the afternoon elegant tea time. It was held in the gorgeous Club International on sea days and truly was elegant. Besides the tea, they served delicious scones with orange marmalade and whipped cream. Also wonderful little fruit tarts to die for. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. They also had music such as a violin and a piano. Does anyone else remember these tea times?

Last August, the Elegant Tea on Equinox was as described above and we enjoyed it. I just changed into a nice pair of slacks and top and was dressed the same as most people.

One of my favorite activities on the SS Norway was the afternoon elegant tea time. It was held in the gorgeous Club International on sea days and truly was elegant. Besides the tea, they served delicious scones with orange marmalade and whipped cream. Also wonderful little fruit tarts to die for. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. They also had music such as a violin and a piano. Does anyone else remember these tea times?

Yes, I remember! I try to attend high tea on any ship I am sailing that has it....

It's been a bit since I have sailed Celebrity but do they still offer the afternoon tea upstairs in the oceanview??

The Norway was my first cruise back in the 1990s. Once I got over debilitating seasickness (the Purser gave me Meclizine), the afternoon tea has remained one of my favorite memories.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is like many activities on board and other perks that come with the elite membership, you need to try it. It gives another option for something to do but most times interferes with something that is more exciting or interesting, such as standing in line at guest relations. 🤔🤗

It is the equivalent of the mystery of what is behind the green door and wondering what you are missing and can’t wait until you are allowed to enter.

You are seated waiting for the server to give you a pot of hot water, and present you with a selection of tea bags.

They also come around with scones and the toppings. Kind of a long drawn out affair and many times you are finished with one before getting the other.

We found that they offer the same stuff plus more every afternoon in the buffet, same teas, scones and etc. plus tea sandwiches. So if we are interested in that and desire a little snack before dinner we go there and take it back to our balcony. More relaxing, don’t have to wait on the servers, can get what and how much we want, and don’t have to wear any special clothing.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It is like many activities on board and other perks that come with the elite membership, you need to try it. It gives another option for something to do but most times interferes with something that is more exciting or interesting, such as standing in line at guest relations. 🤔🤗

It is the equivalent of the mystery of what is behind the green door and wondering what you are missing and can’t wait until you are allowed to enter.

You are seated waiting for the server to give you a pot of hot water, and present you with a selection of tea bags.

They also come around with scones and the toppings. Kind of a long drawn out affair and many times you are finished with one before getting the other.

We found that they offer the same stuff plus more every afternoon in the buffet, same teas, scones and etc. plus tea sandwiches. So if we are interested in that and desire a little snack before dinner we go there and take it back to our balcony. More relaxing, don’t have to wait on the servers, can get what and how much we want, and don’t have to wear any special clothing.

That is my option and I am sure that many don’t agree with it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We are Elite Plus & I have had a long discussions with Captain's Club on benefits. If you check the web-site:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite?subtab=true

The Elegant Tea is no longer listed under Elite but is now shoes under Elite Plus. Who knows if this is really accurate.

We went once to the Elegant Tea years ago & have never gone since. When I am in shorts relaxing in the sun, I have no desire to clean up, shower & put on dress clothes to eat more and be served tea that I do not even like. Some people really enjoy it but once was enough for us.

If you are in a Sky Suite or above, you can enjoy the Elegant Tea daily in Michael's club. It is wonderful! We enjoyed it daily. We didn't need dress clothes in Michael's We sometimes came down from the pool in our swim suites with coverups. The only negative is that if you are wet- it is cold! So best to put on shorts- Not sure if the same rules apply for Elite (or if it is Elite plus)

Worth going to if you are eligible.

It is still showing under Elite on the UK site

The benefits of being an Elite member.

• Elegant tea invitation
  • Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers’ Party)
  • Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)
  • Access to the Captain’s Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast
  • A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
  • Complimentary 90-minute Internet package or 30% discount on our Unlimited Internet Package, plus if you purchase your
  • Unlimited package by calling us before you set sail receive an additional 10% discount
  • Exclusive Senior Officers’ Cocktail Party
  • Complimentary wine seminar event
  • Priority embarkation while boarding the ship (where available)
  • Priority status for shore excursion waitlist
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing. Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items and dry cleaning of 1 garment.
  • Behind the scenes Theatre Tour with the cast and crew, with complimentary welcome drink
  • One category stateroom upgrade applicable up to AquaClass*
  • Exclusive Captains Club Celebration Event
  • 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery plus $100 off any Photo Package purchased at The Studio
  • One Complimentary scoop of gelato from the Gelateria
  • Access to special events on Reunion and Presidents Cruise sailings
  • Access to Captain's Club VISTA magazine online
  • Access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise
  • Eligibility for Captain’s Club promotions when booking a future cruise onboard
  • Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society

If you are in a Sky Suite or above, you can enjoy the Elegant Tea daily in Michael's club. It is wonderful! We enjoyed it daily. We didn't need dress clothes in Michael's We sometimes came down from the pool in our swim suites with coverups. The only negative is that if you are wet- it is cold! So best to put on shorts- Not sure if the same rules apply for Elite (or if it is Elite plus)

Worth going to if you are eligible.

Do passengers really go into Michael’s Club wearing wet bathing suits?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

unfortunately we did- last week. I was very cold and wouldn’t recommend it. Damp not soaking wet. My point was that we had no dress code

In the case of wet swim clothes, they should have a dress code. I certainly wouldn’t appreciate seating my dry self on a chair previously occupied by someone wearing wet swim clothes!

In the case of wet swim clothes, they should have a dress code. I certainly wouldn’t appreciate seating my dry self on a chair previously occupied by someone wearing wet swim clothes!

Damp not wet. The only discomfort was too me. The chair remained dry. I also was wearing a swim suit cover up. I surely wouldn’t sit on furniture with a wet swim suit. Again my point is no dress code in the suite lounge

Wet is defined as "covered with visible free moisture," damp is a "moderate covering of moisture," and moist is "slightly damp but not quite dry to the touch." IMO, none of these are appropriate for apparel worn in chairs that others will occupy.