$79 for We Will Rock You VIP show!!!!

gaylemh

Already booked Cats for our April Oasis cruise and when I just logged in it is also showing now with a $79 pp charge if you want to attend. No free option available.

Easter Allure cruise, I have 9 seats booked complementary at that time. After reading this post, I went to my cruise planner and as you indicated there's only the fee option for all of the performances (3) of Mamma Mia. I wonder if we'll get the bad news.

Also, wonder how are they going to distinguish between the upper level seats and the lower more advantageous as there's no seat selections available.

Hey, if they can sell out the theatre(s) at $79 per (no discount for children) for all performances, it will put money in my pocket as a shareholder.:D :D

Easter Allure cruise, I have 9 seats booked complementary at that time. After reading this post, I went to my cruise planner and as you indicated there's only the fee option for all of the performances (3) of Mamma Mia. I wonder if we'll get the bad news.

Also, wonder how are they going to distinguish between the upper level seats and the lower more advantageous as there's no seat selections available.

Hey, if they can sell out the theatre(s) at $79 per (no discount for children) for all performances, it will put money in my pocket as a shareholder.:D :D

If it's only a part of the theater it would be easy to save the good seats.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I can't believe they would even think of charging for CATS. :eek:

Don't be a hater. It just finished a 5 month revival on Broadway.

I see it, for free 😉, in 7 days.

Big fan of Rum Tum Tugger. 😁

I hope the lower aisle seats aren't reserved. 😱

Cancelling existing reservations at the last minute is complete BS. I hope they make it up to those impacted. I'm sure some accountant weighed the value of upset customers against the lost revenue of not implementing the idea for several more months when shows were not already fully booked.

I also hope the $79 per show options fails completely, but I'm afraid it won't. Let's say they set aside 50 seats per show for this "VIP" option, and only 2 people take the offer. What has this cost Royal? They will either fill the seats from the standby line (who end up with great seats) or the seats will go empty. I don't see any real out of pocket cost to Royal in either case. They may only make an extra $158 for that show, but it's almost pure profit (other than their very low cost for the drink). If, after a while, they only average 10 takers per show, they adjust down from 50 seats per show for the VIP option in the cruise planner to 10.

I'm a relative newbie with Royal (first cruise in 2010), but I'm already turning into one of those "I remember the good old days" people. :(

BTW...there's a new sitcom called LA to Vegas about an airline that flys...from LA to Vegas. A recent episode was making fun of the extra charges that airlines now have. They had credit card swipe machines to get into the bathroom, the overhead luggage compartment, etc. You had to pay to recline your seat, but the person behind you could pay more to prevent your seat from reclining. :D

Cancelling existing reservations at the last minute is complete BS. I hope they make it up to those impacted. I'm sure some accountant weighed the value of upset customers against the lost revenue of not implementing the idea for several more months when shows were not already fully booked.

I also hope the $79 per show options fails completely, but I'm afraid it won't. Let's say they set aside 50 seats per show for this "VIP" option, and only 2 people take the offer. What has this cost Royal? They will either fill the seats from the standby line (who end up with great seats) or the seats will go empty. I don't see any real out of pocket cost to Royal in either case. They may only make an extra $158 for that show, but it's almost pure profit (other than their very low cost for the drink). If, after a while, they only average 10 takers per show, they adjust down from 50 seats per show for the VIP option in the cruise planner to 10.

I'm a relative newbie with Royal (first cruise in 2010), but I'm already turning into one of those "I remember the good old days" people. :(

BTW...there's a new sitcom called LA to Vegas about an airline that flys...from LA to Vegas. A recent episode was making fun of the extra charges that airlines now have. They had credit card swipe machines to get into the bathroom, the overhead luggage compartment, etc. You had to pay to recline your seat, but the person behind you could pay more to prevent your seat from reclining. :D

Oh I gotta see this sitcom, I'm already laughing!

I thought it was a D+ thing, sorry

On Allure Jan 14-21, the backstage tour was a misnomer as far as I was concerned. The dance captain gave a little talk and answered questions.

After a few minutes of that, we went up on the stage while a stage production (?) employee explained about the scenery and how it works. That was the end of it. When asked to see the real backstage area, we were told that it's against the policy to actually allow guests backstage to the dressing area etc.

This "backstage" tour was open to all passengers.

There was a Q&A with performers of Mama Mia, the ice shows, the diving shows and I think Blue Planet, but I'm not sure about the last one. The audience was able to ask questions and most of them were answered by the woman from Mama Mia unless it was specific to someone. That event was only open to Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members.

Already booked Cats for our April Oasis cruise and when I just logged in it is also showing now with a $79 pp charge if you want to attend. No free option available.
Which sailing in April? 15th April sailing has 2 performances of Cats. Day 6 at 8pm and day 7 at 2:30pm.

When I booked there were complimentary reservations available for both performances. Now, there’s only a $79 option for day 6 (all complimentary seating may have been reserved) and there is a $79 option for the matinee on day 7, plus still a complimentary option.

Edited by peteukmcr

Which sailing in April? 15th April sailing has 2 performances of Cats. Day 6 at 8pm and day 7 at 2:30pm.

When I booked there were complimentary reservations available for both performances. Now, there’s only a $79 option for day 6 (all complimentary seating may have been reserved) and there is a $79 option for the matinee on day 7, plus still a complimentary option.

There are usually 3. You may not be seeing it because it's full.

April 8

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Current entertainment crew member on Oasis told me they expected this to roll out on Oasis soon...she told me this earlier this week, before the post here. What she knows is it's supposed to be rows 1-3, and 5-7, $79 per person which included the seat, a playbill and special cocktail. She was told by the CD, but didn't know the exact rollout date, or any other details. She also said that more than half the audience doesn't return after the intermission for most performances of Cats. We didn't even book it for our upcoming cruise free or not!

I still remember the announcements while in Windjammer to vacant our seats in order to ensure the "wonderful experience" to fellow guests :loudcry:

I can understand them making that announcement. I've been in the WJ and people are looking for seats, while others are sitting there playing cards or talking long after they have finished eating. I've had tables next to me that were already finished eating when I sat down, and were still there when I was leaving. There are plenty of other areas to sit on the ship if you want to sit and talk.

So Moltar would be OK when someone offered $79 for his airline seat and was told his flight was cancelled. That's how capitalism works?

Regulations and laws protecting consumers are good for us not bad like the president wants you to believe. That’s the point I’m trying to make and also there are no laws stopping them from doing this, there are no regulations stopping them from doing this, that’s what I’m trying to point out.....So are you voting for people who want to deregulate and not protect the consumer or are you voting for people who believe in regulations and want to protect the consumer? This is what unregulated full throttle cut your throat capitalism looks like.

Edited by Moltar

I can understand them making that announcement. I've been in the WJ and people are looking for seats, while others are sitting there playing cards or talking long after they have finished eating. I've had tables next to me that were already finished eating when I sat down, and were still there when I was leaving. There are plenty of other areas to sit on the ship if you want to sit and talk.

I think SoBe2010 was just being a little sarcastic about the "wonderful experience" part.

On Allure Jan 14-21, the backstage tour was a misnomer as far as I was concerned. The dance captain gave a little talk and answered questions.

After a few minutes of that, we went up on the stage while a stage production (?) employee explained about the scenery and how it works. That was the end of it. When asked to see the real backstage area, we were told that it's against the policy to actually allow guests backstage to the dressing area etc.

This "backstage" tour was open to all passengers.

There was a Q&A with performers of Mama Mia, the ice shows, the diving shows and I think Blue Planet, but I'm not sure about the last one. The audience was able to ask questions and most of them were answered by the woman from Mama Mia unless it was specific to someone. That event was only open to Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members.

On the oasis I did the free one open to anyone in the cruise compass and we went back to the dressing rooms. I’ve got pics of some hilarious notes hung on the wall about policing your smell ;)

I've done a couple of backstage tours that were both free, although it's been a few years. We went backstage on both (and they talked about using Febreze to control the smell of the costumes :D). On Liberty, there was a lighting guy onboard who travels from ship to ship fixing lighting related issues. He took anyone who was interested up to the lighting control both and explained how everything worked. For anyone who's a techie, and especially if you were ever in the Stage Crew in school, it would have been worth paying for (although not $79).

Soon it will be a base price for the cruise which will include a cabin and food in the WJ, then you pay for room cleaning, eating in the MDR, this is something that would make me think about going with another line or even more land based vacations.

We are on Ovation in May and have heard a rumour that they charge for ifly, something that was free on Anthem, I hope it's not true as it's one of the reasons we booked Ovation.

Isn't that pretty much what EasyCruise was? My takeaway from that was that people want value, but dumb it down too much and you create a glorified ferry which runs the risk of failure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'll bet the airlines are hard at work on this already!