Extra points for early booking

gerelmx

We book early 90% of the time and have never gotten extra points, as far as I can recall. We were among the first, if not the first, to book the round trip to Hawaii in October 2019 and no offer of extra points.

Do you have more information?

I only wish there was such a thing as extra points for booking early. The first hour they are released, I book the cabin I love! Please come back and share where you heard or found this information. I know that there have been some limited offers where there were some extra points given...I believe it was an extra half a point for each point...I remember calling Captain's Club and asking about this special that did not last very long. I believe it was in the fall.

How early does the booking have to be made to get the extra points?

how many are granted?

I only remember once that they actually gave extra points for booking by a particular date. This was about 4 years ago and they gave 25 points if you booked at some future time. I received those points in addition to the regular points for the cruise. Would point out that only saw this once and this is obviously not a regular promotion.

Here's a short thread from 2014 with some explanation.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1957197&highlight=extra+Captains+Club+points

I only remember once that they actually gave extra points for booking by a particular date. This was about 4 years ago and they gave 25 points if you booked at some future time. I received those points in addition to the regular points for the cruise. Would point out that only saw this once and this is obviously not a regular promotion.

Here's a short thread from 2014 with some explanation.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1957197&highlight=extra+Captains+Club+points

Yes, Don, I recall that too as we got the extra points. It was just a promotion on at that time.

NCL does this early booking promotion...perhaps that is what you thinking of?

NCL stopped that last year, no more extra for booking 9 months before.

Celebrity on the other hand I remember did a promotion in 2012 but never had any extra early booking points at any other time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only extra points I can recall this year was for booking with Choice air. That promotion end of November beginning of December, only lasted a couple of weeks. I called when I found out and it was two weeks after it was over ----no way would they give it to me.