Bliss Go Karts

GlamorousGirl

Just booked the Bliss for August, and am really excited about trying the go karts. I heard there was an extra cost but don't know if this is true or not. Do you have to buy tickets? If so, can you get a discounted package or unlimited? Are there long lines to ride them? Thanks for the help. I'm also wondering about shows which are listed as reservations not available yet. Anyone know when they will come available to reserve? This will be my first time on a ship that offered reservations on shows.

Thanks for the help.

The Bliss hasn’t launched yet, so nobody can comment on the length of the queues. I suspect that information about charges for it aren’t available yet, although I’d be surprised if there was an unlimited option. Maybe a discount if you buy multiple goes, but my guess will be that it will just be pay per go.

I imagine that there will be a charge for it (probably that is already confirmed). It is a money making opportunity, but also works to limit throughout as I’d imagine queues would be long otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to a travel show today and the Norwegian booth had two Bliss go karts on display, and two virtual-reality type screens set up for driving a car on the ship. So they are pushing it big time. Seemed to be well-received at the show.

I saw the demo for the go carts on TV.

I'm going to wait for the Encore, maybe they'll have the drone mobile that leaves from one end of the ship and takes you to other end after circumnavigating the ship a couple of times... :evilsmile: yeah I know..." dream along with me"... lol Still, I'm gonna wait for the Encore..

If it's anything like the Joy's Go Kart experience, I had help reviewing those YT review done to understood what was said ...

"It is slower than one might expect and each run is 4 loops around the track, speed is and throttled remotely by the crew managing the "pits" and with an in-experienced driver ahead, everyone else slowed down or come to a crawl, blocked & unable to proceed when the caution "flag" or whistle is "active" Comments from the limited review ... it's okay, once or twice is enough.

That cyber arcade is rated much better and suggestion is to play at night for best game simulations.

$5 USD per ride, also, seemed way too low & cheap these days ... when they can charge that amount for a round of bowling. My guess, more like $10 to $20 per ride ... don't know about any Haven/Platinum bypass, i.e. priority lane and/or discount on the rates, etc.

• 3 months later...

On the Bliss at this moment; actually just got off the go carts. It exceeded my expectation by a lot and I will go again later in the cruise. $9.95 for I guess about 8 laps - the ride did not feel short at all. As far as speed, they are more than satisfying. Note I am an engineer/automobile enthusiast.

The only problem is the allowance of smaller kids who are not able to handle the car. It does take some strength to steer. This slows traffic. The marshalls will slow you down. I had some open track today and some really good racing with another driver.

You MUST make a reservation...make as many as you want (can afford). DO NOT show up without a reservation; you will not get in. The reservation process helps significantly with the wait times. But, be prepared for the process (sign in, safety video, and ride) to take an hour.

All in all - Thumbs Up.

DH did the GoKarts this past week. The cost is $9.95 for 8-9 laps, guess it depends on who's monitoring the laps. There is no safety video, but they give very detailed safety instructions. Reservations are needed, or you can do wait list if the time you want is booked. The charge is placed on your folio as soon as you book, so if you don't show, my understanding is you are still charged. DH loved it and he's 77 years young.

Each time you get in line with your reservation, you will watch the 'safety' video in the staging area. They do a decent job moving people; just like something you would find at Disney World. There will be carts on the track, while the next group is climbing into their cars...and another group is likely watching the video on the rules....no bumping....no passing on caution yellow...no going backwards! Every car is monitored for behavior by track marshals, you will be slowed or stopped remotely if you misbehave.

Because the track is so curvy, high speed is not really necessary. The speeds feel perfectly 'sporty' for the size of the track. I enjoyed trying to get the right line to make the next pass. I didn't see my time, but I was listed as second place...I was sure I won!

Regarding the Haven, I am actually in the Haven. There is no special time for Haven guests. I simply booked at the concierge desk.

I am pretty sure most people left with a grin....

You do need to make reservations - easily done once you are on the ship, use the same screens as you might reserve anything else.

We raced Friday morning before we got into Victoria. I race karts frequently (it's a "thing" my company does when we travel) and I expected the karts on the Bliss to be somewhat disappointing. While they are not as fast as for example the K1 karts, they are fast enough to give a great experience and the curviness of the track enhances it.

Negatives were what I thought were the inefficiencies of how they moved people through it. We showed up at 12:00 noon, the start of our reserved time and there were about 10 people in front of us and we still didn't actually get into our karts until 1:30. In the meantime, they'd sent one guy and his grandson out alone (in a 2 person kart), and a few groups of 5 (I am pretty sure they can send out 10 at once, we went out with 8). They could have easily grabbed us (a group of 3) and added us to either of the 5s (jut like any other track would do) I think one of the problems is they only had one 2 person kart out and available. They have more than one, it's just that the others are not on the track, but off to the side. They should have pulled out another 2 person kart.

One last tip - dress warm, you will be waiting in a windy area for an hour or more.

By the way - I won!!! (for those that don't know, the winner is not the first person to cross the finish line or the person who passes the most other racers, the winner is the person with the fastest individual lap time)

IMG_3045-small.jpg.ff175d842288db6219d0f4e50d4049e8.jpg

IMG_3048-small.jpg.5896ab5ee4f3c8c9350eb1ee51a8112d.jpg

Edited by PATRLR

Just got off the June 9th Bliss and here is my view on the go-karts. It was fun, the cars go fast enough to make it a fun ride. The problem is the mix of people who are doing this...we saw some people not even using the gas pedal which caused others in their group to back up. We saw numerous instances of cars bumping, hitting the wall, etc. One guy even hit the wall at the very start of the race, he did not know how to use the steering wheel!!! I was bumped several times, and it is quite jarring.

NCL needs to re-think letting younger kids do this, especially ones who are not strong enough to turn the wheel. They do have a height restriction and we did see a few kids not make the cut. But others who were let on, and then could not steer (not enough arm strength) does ruin this for others. We did see a few kids quit after one or two laps.

I did the race cars twice, husband did it three times, so yeah it was fun. But, I did leave it bit sore after one bad hit from behind and my head whipped back. We also saw a young boy get hit pretty hard by and older driver. He raised his arm and the race stopped, one of the crew drove his car back to pit road and he quit. The mother went off on the guy who hit her son, it was intense and security was called. NCL needs to be prepared for this to keep happening as even though they tell you no hitting, it does happen. Every race we watched, we saw cars hitting other cars.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Bliss at this moment; actually just got off the go carts. It exceeded my expectation by a lot and I will go again later in the cruise. $9.95 for I guess about 8 laps - the ride did not feel short at all. As far as speed, they are more than satisfying. Note I am an engineer/automobile enthusiast.

The only problem is the allowance of smaller kids who are not able to handle the car. It does take some strength to steer. This slows traffic. The marshalls will slow you down. I had some open track today and some really good racing with another driver.

You MUST make a reservation...make as many as you want (can afford). DO NOT show up without a reservation; you will not get in. The reservation process helps significantly with the wait times. But, be prepared for the process (sign in, safety video, and ride) to take an hour.

All in all - Thumbs Up.

So how does one sign up for the go karts? NCL APP on board, customer service, on board kiosk screen. Can we sign up 15 peeps for same session?

How does a person sign up for go karts once aboard the Bliss and sure sign up line must be long? Do we use NCL APP , Kiosk or Customer Service. Can we sign up multiple riders for same session to race each other (I'm assuming we all have to sign up at same time or one person pays for everyone on their account)

How does a person sign up for go karts once aboard the Bliss and sure sign up line must be long? Do we use NCL APP , Kiosk or Customer Service. Can we sign up multiple riders for same session to race each other (I'm assuming we all have to sign up at same time or one person pays for everyone on their account)

We signed up at the Kiosks. If the NCL App starts working well, you probably could do it there. Don't know about customer service, give it a try.

You sign up for a one hour block, so all 15 of you would sign up for that same hour. I think the screens actually tell you how many slots are available, so, pick one with at least 15.

I think the max on the track at one time is 10, so, you won't all race together.