Love Celebrity - Would Love a Bigger Boat

CoupleUK

My favorite ship was the Century. .... Otherwise I love the beautiful multi level dining rooms, atriums, lots of wood and brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh -- our favorite ship was also the Century. We were only on her for six cruises, but thought it was such a gracious ship. Really enjoyed the Crystal Room and its elegance.

But we also are happy to not have the mega-ships in the Celebrity fleet.

Maybe add some cool features like 270 on Quantum Class ships...

While my favorite ships are Celebrity's S-class, I have to say that Two70 (on Anthem of the Seas) is THE most amazing public space I have ever seen on any ship. For those who asked: Two70 is a huge, curved, two-deck high gorgeous, windowed space in the stern of the Quantum class ships. It has tiered, comfy seating (couches, chairs) on the first level, theatre seating on the second, a bar, robotics, Vistarama screens; it functions as a sort of living room for the ship during the day, and a performance space at night. The windows give a 270-degree view of the sea, hence the name of the space. We sailed on Anthem's inaugural TA, and we pretty much lived in Two70.

enhance

enhance

BTW, Anthem herself is pretty much an S-class ship on steroids, so for Celebrity lovers who want to take the kids or grandkids on a more kid-oriented line than Celebrity, Anthem imho would be a good choice.

And to answer the OP's question: no, I don't think Celebrity should go bigger. S-class is large enough.

Have to add another "no" vote here. We loved the Infinity in September, and am sure we will enjoy the Silhouette in November 2018. While some like all the water slides, etc, we really enjoy the bit smaller size of Celebrity's ships!:D

S-class are nice but we prefer the M-class. Cannot see any need for anything larger. Many of the bigger-is-better replies above speak to entertainment options. Irrelevant to me, as long as the weather permits me to stand on deck or my balcony and watch the sea, I don’t need paid performers to try to entertain me. A guitar player, a sting duo or trio in the Cafe al Bacio, that is great and I would like more like that but can’t imagine a larger ship would give me anything but bigger stages with bigger groups making bigger noise. Depending on itineraries I may someday sail on the Edge class, but I dread being on a bigger ship.

Don't try to become something your Not. Celebrity has a nice little niche with the S Class ships and should focus on doing this size of ship better and focus on what they Celebrity does right, not so much of increasing profits by cutting corners. Do it better with what you do Celebrity!

For me, due to the lack of quality entertainment, higher than reasonable pricing, along with not having a lot of dining or bar choices, my business has moved over to more choices found with the new larger ships, primarily to NCL.

IMO no need for ships larger than the S Class ships.

S class ships are the perfect size. We also like the M class but enjoy the more amenities offered by S class.

I agree - S class is the perfect size.

However, I would be ok if celebrity could slightly increase the size of their S class (to add more amenities) WITHOUT it changing the 'feel' of the current S class ships. (eg. 4 of the 5 S class ships don't feel crowed to me)

Having said that, I do think that the Reflection (which is slightly larger than the other S class ships) felt a bit more crowded, than its sister ships. For example, I love the Oceanview Cafe design and 'generally' don't feel it's crowded on S class ships (except sea day breakfasts)... Not the case on reflection, where I felt the increase in size did translate into it feeling busier....

Another negatory/no/nyet/nada vote on larger ships from me. We are Platinum on

multiple lines and make it a point to sail ships of 3,000 pax or less. If I was younger

I might enjoy the climbing walls and flowrider .... but I'm not, so I don't.

Give me more sea-days than days in ports and I'm happy - (and so is DW).

While my favorite ships are Celebrity's S-class, I have to say that Two70 (on Anthem of the Seas) is THE most amazing public space I have ever seen on any ship. For those who asked: Two70 is a huge, curved, two-deck high gorgeous, windowed space in the stern of the Quantum class ships. It has tiered, comfy seating (couches, chairs) on the first level, theatre seating on the second, a bar, robotics, Vistarama screens; it functions as a sort of living room for the ship during the day, and a performance space at night. The windows give a 270-degree view of the sea, hence the name of the space. We sailed on Anthem's inaugural TA, and we pretty much lived in Two70.

enhance

enhance

BTW, Anthem herself is pretty much an S-class ship on steroids, so for Celebrity lovers who want to take the kids or grandkids on a more kid-oriented line than Celebrity, Anthem imho would be a good choice.

And to answer the OP's question: no, I don't think Celebrity should go bigger. S-class is large enough.

I agree..

All I’m saying is I wouldn’t mind seeing bigger ships as long as the capacity isn’t much higher.

I would like to see more features that would be a perfect fit for the celebrity demographic.

S class ships are also one of my favourite and I personally hate Cunard therefore I feel celebrity offers that ‘modern luxury’ alternative.

One caveat to everything I write is that I’m 27 so look at situations from a ‘younger’ persons POV.

Thanks for the replies (not so much the rude ones)

I think I said at the start that I would still insist on the higher service, standards and magic of Celebrity - certainly not suggesting gimmicks nor dumbing down the brand.

I guess I love the promenade on voyager class - just think how Celebrity could make that even better !!

I hate the ships larger than Voyager Class or perhaps Freedom.

Though, due to an amazing deal, we are going on Symphony in a few weeks. While not setting out in a negative frame if mind, I know we wont enjoy it the way we love Celebrity.

Anyway, if nothing else the thread did get people talking so not a bad thing.

a quantum clas ship would be wonderful, I loved Anthem the decor was just like a Celebrity ship, the solarium at the front of the ship was amazing with so many chairs and loungers and lots of little plunge pools to cool off in. Never had to book a show we always just walked in. Two70 at the back of deck 5 was another very versatile space. Plenty to do if you wanted to do things but also lots of area just to sit and chill, we were usually in the Solarium. I also enjoyed sailing on Century but we often found it harder to find a seat to sit and chill

Thanks for the replies (not so much the rude ones)

I think I said at the start that I would still insist on the higher service, standards and magic of Celebrity - certainly not suggesting gimmicks nor dumbing down the brand.

I guess I love the promenade on voyager class - just think how Celebrity could make that even better !!

I hate the ships larger than Voyager Class or perhaps Freedom.

Though, due to an amazing deal, we are going on Symphony in a few weeks. While not setting out in a negative frame if mind, I know we wont enjoy it the way we love Celebrity.

Anyway, if nothing else the thread did get people talking so not a bad thing.

You had me at “promenade deck” because that is something I’ve missed on Celebrity ships. There’s no continuous promenade deck, and what exists is sometimes very narrow, making it difficult for two people to pass at a normal running pace.

Based on the pic posted by Turtles06, Two70 is a spacious and beautiful venue, but my enjoyment would depend the type and quality of performances there. I enjoy many types of music, including string trios or quartets and small jazz ensembles such as those on Millennium in 2006 (and DH and I were amongst the youngest passengers on that sailing). EDM is great for dancing, but I don’t want it played in dining areas while trying to hold a conversation with dining companions (and I felt the same at 20). I also would prefer actual musicians playing different types of music (jazz, rock, Latin, classical for example) in various venues. Since X seems to be moving away from musicians to DJs and EDM, I’ve no confidence they’d head the other way on a larger ship.

I would not like X to build larger ships, complete with proper promenade decks, and a beautiful space like Two70, only to pack them at a significantly higher passenger to space ratio or substantially increase fares. Looking at it from a business perspective, that’s exactly what they’d have to do to keep shareholders happy.

I agree. It’s never a bad thing to get the conversation going. Cheers:)

haha I know they're ships.

We much prefer Celebrity to any other cruise line BUT we just wish their ships were a little bigger.

Do you think Celebrity could ever steal a Voyager class from Royal?

Im sure if they gave it the Celebrity makeover and magic it would do really well.

What do you guys think?

I sure hope not!! I like the smaller ships and even the larger ones on Celebrity are managed well in terms of their size. The largest ship on which I've sailed was the Explorer of the Seas. The ship is gorgeous but I couldn't stand how many pax were onboard. There were lines lines lines for everything!! I don't hope to ever repeat that experience again.

Think maybe the reference to "Promenade" was for the indoor type of main street...not a wrap-around walking deck.

Oh no! I’ve only sailed Celebrity, so if you’re right, I definitely don’t want a larger ship with a Main Street promenade. If I want a holiday on which I promenade past shops and eateries, and go to shows, I hop on a train to NYC for a few days. I’m on a ship because I like ships and I love the sea.

I am also a no. Having sailed on ships ranging from the smaller Maasdam up to the Solstice, I feel that the bigger the ship, the more «*urbanized*» and «*incognito*» vibe it gets. I prefer the small village concept where everybody knows your name... or at least recognizes you ( staff and fellow cruisers). So, I don’t see a need for larger than Solstice.

P.s. I found this thread interesting to read, since to often, the threads topics opens the door to criticism of the cruiseline, while on this thread, most people are defending X. It’s fun to see!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Think maybe the reference to "Promenade" was for the indoor type of main street...not a wrap-around walking deck.

The main street style promenade is the thing I liked the least on Freedom of the Seas in 2016. It was crowded, noisy and just not fun. Rather have a quiet atrium or centrum.

The main street style promenade is the thing I liked the least on Freedom of the Seas in 2016. It was crowded, noisy and just not fun. Rather have a quiet atrium or centrum.

Same here. The artificial lighting was annoying, and I had to go our of my way to even get a glimpse of the sea. Add to that the fact that there is no outside dining area adjacent to the Windjammer cafe. Just not the type of vacation I am looking for...