Does anyone prefer 3 night cruises?

I would only go on a short cruise if I lived closer to the port. I enjoy 7 night cruises because I like a longer cruise and it always takes time to get to the port city and also to return home. It would be awesome to live near a port. I would definitely consider going on a few short cruises if I did.

I prefer 4 days and 5 days. I live two hours and 20 minutes(by Greyhound) away from New Orleans. I still prefer 4 days and 5 days when flying/taking Amtrak to a port, even if my trip isn't combined with a land vacation. The 4-day and 5-day cruises I have been on didn't seem like party/booze cruises. I cruise in January, February, and December. I am willing to cruise in August, but only from the west coast.

I would only do a 2-day or 3-day cruise if it would be cheaper than staying in a hotel.

When I have been on my 2 seven-day cruises they were nice and long, but when they were over it was like they had flown by. Not sure i would enjoy a shorter one, wouldn't really get into vacation mode so quickly. But i do like my 3 day vacations to Las Vegas, so maybe I am giving up a nice quick vacation idea too easily

I used to do 3 night cruises frequently when I lived 30 minutes from the port in Miami. They were good for what they were; a quick getaway over the weekend when I didn’t have to use any vacation time.

But now that we live in Georgia, I don’t do short cruises anymore. We did take a 4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral once but combined it with 3 days pre-cruise in Central Florida for a week long vacation. But I wouldn’t consider a 3 night cruise by itself anymore. As others have said, it goes by way too fast. And unfortunately the atmosphere has deteriorated over the years. The overall feel is that of lots of people on a budget and pressed for time trying to pack as much drinking and fun as possible in the limited amount of time. Makes for a rowdy, not-relaxing experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only done 4 day cruises before, and I need longer going forward. It ends far too quickly. Although, I do think about how nice it might be to one day live by a cruise port. That is a lot of money saved on transportation which would make short, frequent, cruises a better idea.

As most said, the short ones are good for drinking. Buying Cheers for a 3 day cruise makes much more sense than a 7 day. 7 days of Cheers is costly and almost a chore at that point.

We did a 3 day with our 2 youngest boys a couple of years ago. The youngest suffers from seasickness and we wanted to "test the waters" with him. Hubby and I booked a 4 day this April to hold us over until our Alaskan cruise in July. We only were able to do it bcz we had free airline tickets.

I did a b2b2b with a 3 night, 4 night, 3 night. Otherwise I live too far away from the port. They were a little more rowdier than usual, from my perspective more from bachelorette parties, but that didn't bother me. I wanted to try a smaller ship, which was OK, but I confirmed that I prefer the bigger ships.

Yes 3 days are quick, but you can snag a cruise for about $180 a night (interior). Which w/tips comes out to about $800 for 2. We spend about $1,000 for weekend getaway in Chicago. So in short, if we lived next to a cruise port, YES, YES, YES, and YES.:hearteyes:

I am trying to decide between a 3 night on Liberty out of Port Canaveral (7 1/2 hours away) or 4 nights on Elation out of Jacksonville. ( 5 1/2 hours away).

Like everyone else, that's too short of a cruise for us. 7 days minimum.

For your choices, the 4 night seems like a no brainer. It's longer, and closer to you.

While I always wish I could go on the longer trips, that involves a lot. Using up more paid time off work and finding someone to care for my son (who has autism) and his cat are pretty big obstacles.

So for me, the shorter cruises are just right for a "long weekend" kind of trip, especially as I usually travel solo. :)