New Dynamic Dining form on the Edge. Early & Late Failure

tapemann

The idea sounds different and interesting, however with the ship, as previously posted, is not launching for another 8 months or so it is too early to tell how efficiently the new system will operate. I think I'll wait to read reviews before sailing on her. The kinks that are bound to occur (as they do with anything new) combined with the high prices are two reasons we'll wait before booking Edge and her sister ships.

Good lord people the ship has another eight months to go until it's even launched.

Stop panicking, stop overthinking, you'll have a lovely holiday whatever! :rolleyes:

If that was directed towards me? I am not close to a panic mode at all. Just chatting on here about the dining venues........not sure where you are getting "panic" from............not here.

If that was directed towards me? I am not close to a panic mode at all. Just chatting on here about the dining venues........not sure where you are getting "panic" from............not here.

I’m pretty sure it’s not aimed at you but the person that started this thread. He’s had a couple of posts removed too. Totally the sky is falling attitude.

I’m pretty sure it’s not aimed at you but the person that started this thread. He’s had a couple of posts removed too. Totally the sky is falling attitude.

Oh...ok, thanks:) I didn't read every post...........so thank you for the insight.

Celebrity tries their version of Dynamic dining on the Edge. It didn't work on Royal. They have 4 dining room and if you want early or late you are assigned one. You will miss out on some of the dishes that are in the other three.

Clearly, you did not bother to read any of the readily available information about Celebrity’s new MDR concept for the Edge before posting completely inaccurate information. Further, you didn’t bother to begin this thread in the section of the board dedicated to the Edge. Some people have honest questions and concerns. Some people like nothing more than sowing discord. Which of these are you?

Clearly, you did not bother to read any of the readily available information about Celebrity’s new MDR concept for the Edge before posting completely inaccurate information. Further, you didn’t bother to begin this thread in the section of the board dedicated to the Edge. Some people have honest questions and concerns. Some people like nothing more than sowing discord. Which of these are you?

If you Only want to sit Early or Late at a Table for 8 or 10. not knowing the other 6 or 8 couples. Plus not going to any other Restaurants where you have to pay Extra for a meal you have already paid for. You will be placed at one of 4 Dining rooms. You Will miss out each evening on 25% of the dishes offered that night in the other Dining rooms.

If you Only want to sit Early or Late at a Table for 8 or 10. not knowing the other 6 or 8 couples. Plus not going to any other Restaurants where you have to pay Extra for a meal you have already paid for. You will be placed at one of 4 Dining rooms. You Will miss out each evening on 25% of the dishes offered that night in the other Dining rooms.

How do you know that there won't be any two tops available?

Glad I booked AQ!

Same here. However that doesn't imply that we won't try an ethnic venue or specialty restaurant. It appears that there are some people who are overwhelmed with choice, shouldn't be faced with the challenges of cruising and visiting new places, and who believe "Outback Steakhouse" is foreign gourmet dining.

Same here. However that doesn't imply that we won't try an ethnic venue or specialty restaurant. It appears that there are some people who are overwhelmed with choice, shouldn't be faced with the challenges of cruising and visiting new places, and who believe "Outback Steakhouse" is foreign gourmet dining.

What ethnic choices are onboard?

I don't want a Two Top. I like the way Traditional is now. 8 or 10 top and meet new people for the duration of the Cruise.

I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude" which is easy since I have no need to be the first to try a new ship. I'll wait for the kinks to be worked out and read the reviews and see if it sounds like a fit for us.

Plus not going to any other Restaurants where you have to pay Extra for a meal you have already paid for.

So how do you justify paying extra for a room on a cruise ship when you have already paid to sleep in your home? :confused::rolleyes:

And FYI in taking a cruise you are also paying for the opportunity to dine in the speciality venues. If you don’t, you are not taking advantage of all the areas on the ship you have paid to have access.

Anyone remember when it was one dining room, 2 set dining times, ONE MENU? There was a time when they didn't even offer the "classics" - what was on the menu is what you chose from, and no one whined like a baby. They picked something they liked or could eat due to allergy restrictions. They're giving a lot more options but everyone's complaining. Find something that works for you. That's how it had to be done in the past.

This might be the smartest thing I've read on cruise critic in a long time.

Anyone remember when it was one dining room, 2 set dining times, ONE MENU? There was a time when they didn't even offer the "classics" - what was on the menu is what you chose from, and no one whined like a baby. They picked something they liked or could eat due to allergy restrictions. They're giving a lot more options but everyone's complaining. Find something that works for you. That's how it had to be done in the past.

LOL, quite so and way before I was vegan too... :')

In those days I was single and sailing QE2 in Princess Grille and if I recollect correctly, there was no set time for dining... just when I showed up. As you indicated, they served what they served on the menu with no real deviations either or if they did, I was not someone in the know to ask for changes.... It was all fun, at the time, regardless and new experiences.

Oh how did I survive on later sailings after becoming a vegetarian? I did...

A few times I tried sitting with others and found it to be, not my cup of tea as it were and chose to socialize after dinner, which was way better and I could indulge everyone, to my liking. :halo:

bon voayge

The new restaurant Cyprus......I am guessing it is Greek so they will have Greek dishes:D

Cyprus has a lot of ties and history with Greece. But it's still a sovereign nation in it's own right. X claim they've named the restaurant Cyprus an a nod to their Greek heritage.

I'm wondering if one of their marketing monkeys looked on google earth, liked the name and decided it was close to Greece so must be part of it?

Cyprus has a lot of ties and history with Greece. But it's still a sovereign nation in it's own right. X claim they've named the restaurant Cyprus an a nod to their Greek heritage.

I'm wondering if one of their marketing monkeys looked on google earth, liked the name and decided it was close to Greece so must be part of it?

I was not trying to put down any nation:eek:........ I was just saying they will probably have Greek food in the restaurant.

The menu shows a few Greek Dishes so there is some ethnicity to the it........that is the question I was answering.

I was not trying to put down any nation:eek:........ I was just saying they will probably have Greek food in the restaurant.........:eek:

I didn't think you were for one minute! :)

I was just thinking out loud about the restaurant name choice. :D

I didn't think you were for one minute! :)

I was just thinking out loud about the restaurant name choice. :D

Ahhh...ok..........gotcha:) sometimes tone is hard to read on here.

Its actually much closer to, and just south of, Turkey. Ruled by the British for 40 years before it separated into a Turkic and Greek halves. So it could be food representing any of the three nationalities. Reality is more likely that X doesn't understand...

Its actually much closer to, and just south of, Turkey. Ruled by the British for 40 years before it separated into a Turkic and Greek halves. So it could be food representing any of the three nationalities. Reality is more likely that X doesn't understand...

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Cyprus is not intended to be a Greek (only) restaurant, but rather Mediterranean.

Celebrity says: "In Cyprus, the menu’s main focus is seafood and features simple, clean dishes that celebrate the food and beverages of the Mediterranean region."

Since the island of Cyprus incorporates Greek, Turkish, and of course seafood -- it is an excellent name to embody this concept.

I don't want a Two Top. I like the way Traditional is now. 8 or 10 top and meet new people for the duration of the Cruise.

When was the last time you were in the traditional dining room on Celebrity? There's a reason they're making these changes. Many of those 8- and 10-top tables sit mostly empty these days. They need to figure out a better way to manage capacity in the dining rooms.