Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

I apologize if this has been discussed and I just missed it. Royal Caribbean has changed their website. We have a "Future Cruise Certificate" and an actual cruise booked in July 2019. On the old website the Future Cruse booking was never mentioned. And you could see the booking of any cruise you have booked. Now it sends me to my "dashboard." The "Next Cruise" is my Future Cruise Booking with a Jan. 1, 2019-Jan 2,2019 date. I assume they just assign an arbitrary date to keep the booking active. Either that or I'm taking a one night cruise that I'm unaware of. :o

Anyway, It's complicated to access the July cruise to look at Shore Excursions, etc. BUT, I can no longer access a "booking" page that previously would show partial booking numbers of those linked to us for dining. This is important to me because we travel with a number of couples and I use this to ensure we're all linked for dining.

So, I call RCCL and what I get is "we're still working on the website." Ok... it's been 4 days. No changes. Anyone have any ideas as to how to navigate this now, IMHO, incredibly inept website?

Since you have already tried to get into your information, wait about 30min and do NOT log in.

Go to “already booked” and then online checkin and see if that works for you.

If you are on an IPad you will find this in the upper left hand corner by clicking on the three horizontal lines.

On a regular laptop the website comes up with the “already booked” across the top.

Hope this helps....all I can say is this is what worked for me.

I don't see the already booked section. All I get is the same as Mr. Snarky pointed our--simple circle jerk. It's almost reminds me of a "Twilight Zone" episode where the individual no matter what he did, always came back to were he started. Can't remember the episode name.

Their website is screwed up. Even worse than ever, they've outdone themselves this time.

Either wait for it to be "fixed", which is hard to define in the world of RCCL IT, or pick up the phone again and ask them to do what you want.

Tried calling and asking about the Future Cruise Booking showing up as "Next Cruise." Called TWICE! Neither person I talked to could figure out what I was asking, and both said "we are still working on the website." SIGH! :rolleyes:

This isn't a great time being RCL IT, lemme tell you. I pity those cats right now.

No pity here, those "cats" at IT are the ones who created this mess and have been inept for YEARS.:rolleyes:

If you meant the phone reps, yes I feel for them.

So yeah, I can log in, find Cruise Planner... and then need to enter my booking number and such all over again. One step forward, two back.

Just noticed the same. Finally the 'Cruise Planner' link works, but it brings you to a different page that has the older look and feel. Then if you select 'reserve now' you get yet another login page where I need to go back and look up my reservation number. Not so user friendly.

Anyone else unable to log into their account? The new blue log-in screen appears, but not able to sign in.

Had my account details not recognised and couldn't log in, so click on forgotten password. Followed emailed link and set the password to what I knew it was and filled in the extra questions, now works great.

Well it has been a full week since I first tried to log into the new website. I see there are still issues. Wonder how long this is going to take them....
Surely they aren't planning on keeping it so that you have to re-enter the reservation number for the cruise planner. That would be incredibly stupid design, but at it's been a week I am starting to wonder...

What I cannot understand is why the RCCL website makes no mention of the problems they are currently having and when they expect them to be resolved! It hasn’t hit the press yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm tempted to suggest that the lack of a note is due to the inability of the company to correctly alter its web site. But I won't :rolleyes:.

Were the company to post a note it would confirm that web site issues are endemic. Much better to leave customers thinking they are the only ones having problems.

I'm tempted to suggest that the lack of a note is due to the inability of the company to correctly alter its web site. But I won't :rolleyes:.

Were the company to post a note it would confirm that web site issues are endemic. Much better to leave customers thinking they are the only ones having problems.

I actually think the issue is more serious than that. I think the reason they did not post a message is because they really did not know the full extent of the issues and how long it would take to correct. So, instead of putting out a message that they would have to be held accountable for, they said nothing. It strikes me as an "if we ignore it, it will just go away" type of response.

I actually think the issue is more serious than that. I think the reason they did not post a message is because they really did not know the full extent of the issues and how long it would take to correct. So, instead of putting out a message that they would have to be held accountable for, they said nothing. It strikes me as an "if we ignore it, it will just go away" type of response.

Sadly, that appears to be the business model in today's world.

Is anyone else having issues with Royal's website the past few days? Many times Bad Request pops up during searching for shore excursions, crown anchor site and cruise planner. Tried removing cookies and rebooting, no help. Is it just me? Thanks

When I took web design / html classes back in the day, one of the very basic rules of coding a website was to make sure the site worked in all browsers before you launch it. Clearly that is no longer the case.

Royal's website works better for me using Firefox than Safari, but there are still issues. I get the following message a lot ..."We are unable to update your information at this time. Please try again later."

Royal's website has a lot of pretty pictures and visuals, but the user experience is pretty bad and frustrating.

Just tried to log in to my cruise planner and this message popped up

Well, this is unfortunate.

Here you are trying to plan a vacation and our website decides to take one.

We are aware of the issue and are currently working to fix it. Please try again later and sorry for the inconvenience.

Visit www.royalcaribbean.com

At least it's better than the Bad Link error I kept getting before. Baby steps . . . .

So I finally get in the cruise planner and the excursion I want is on sale (finally!) and when I go to book the excursion the system freezes. I tried to immediately get back on the site and I can’t. By the time I can log back on, a day later, the sale is no longer on. Has this happened to anyone? I sent an email to RC but no response so far.

I still can't login. Have reset my password a dozen times. Always get the message "We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later.". I'd love to know why some people can log in and some can't. And I honestly can't believe they haven't just rolled back this mess and said nevermind & sorry we suck.

I just checked and no matter what password I put I get that same message, but if I put an incorrect email it says invalid email/password combination so I guess my account is all messed up.

I believe that RCI got into this muddle because no one in the front office has ever had to use the website. The site they are trying to mend was already in deep trouble probably for this very reason. The site has a few intricate sections that have to play together and I doubt that the IT programmers come close to comprehending the purpose and needs of we the customers who rely on using the website components.

I would highly suggest that they form a committee of frequent guests to work with the programmers to ensure the site works as required in all facets of its operational requirements!

I believe that RCI got into this muddle because no one in the front office has ever had to use the website. The site they are trying to mend was already in deep trouble probably for this very reason. The site has a few intricate sections that have to play together and I doubt that the IT programmers come close to comprehending the purpose and needs of we the customers who rely on using the website components.

I would highly suggest that they form a committee of frequent guests to work with the programmers to ensure the site works as required in all facets of its operational requirements!

Totally agree with your thoughts and suggestions.

I resisted looking for the past week and just did. YIKES!!! I see one of my two Royal reservations and NONE of my POINTS or past cruises... It is telling my I am "Pre_Gold". I guess they will give me back all the money I spent becoming Diamond PLUS... LOL.

Prudent suggestion... but given past experience... never happen.