Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

I wonder if they are starting to lose business. It’s now hard if not impossible to even search for future cruise ideas. Which then lead to bookings. When revenue falls. The stock falls and then maybe the CEO will be ousted as he should be for this crap

Something like 75% of folks book via a TA so the initial booking numbers won't take much of a hit.

But, a good deal of interaction on the web site is after booking - whether a TA is used or not. So, booking tours, dining, shows, online check in and other stuff are affected by a site that is hard to use or does not work.

Are you sure the diamond status isn’t coming from the reciprocal status matching from your Celebrity points? We are diamond on Royal but don’t have enough Royal points to be diamond but are by virtue of our Elite Celebrity status.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the funniest part. Never have been. We have our first Celebrity cruise June 2019 which is a company sponsored one. Next week we will be Emerald.

It certainly would be nice if they combine programs as our Celebrity Alaskan cruise is something like 9 or 10 days.

OK, So I see they are offering 30% off packages this weekend. Thought I would check out the prices.

When I click on the booking # for my April cruise it takes me to my September cruise.

I give up.

Our next cruise is 24 days away, we have stayed clear of the 'new' site hoping the problems would be ironed out.

Fortunately all documentation was completed before the 'new' site went live (or dead depending on how you view it).

Thought I would take a look so went through the 'new account' setup. seemed to work ok.

I can see my upcoming cruise, it tells me I am checked in, status seems to have updated ok, but I cannot view the cruise planner... the button does not work.

So if there is a promotion on at the moment, I can't look at it or take advantage of it.

Decided to log out as I don't want to risk clicking any links and causing problems unnecessarily.

The new look suggests it could be a great site, IF they can fix it / put the functionality back / get it to work.

Well done Royal, you have excelled once again.

Our next cruise is 24 days away, we have stayed clear of the 'new' site hoping the problems would be ironed out.

Fortunately all documentation was completed before the 'new' site went live (or dead depending on how you view it).

Thought I would take a look so went through the 'new account' setup. seemed to work ok.

I can see my upcoming cruise, it tells me I am checked in, status seems to have updated ok, but I cannot view the cruise planner... the button does not work.

So if there is a promotion on at the moment, I can't look at it or take advantage of it.

Decided to log out as I don't want to risk clicking any links and causing problems unnecessarily.

The new look suggests it could be a great site, IF they can fix it / put the functionality back / get it to work.

Well done Royal, you have excelled once again.

Same here so to take advantage of sales I simply click on the Plan a Cruise and I'm in. Seems to me the linking problem is between Crown & Anchor and RCCL

We all now know about the web site problems, but here is my question: If you are senior corporate management, why would you not pull this piece of trash down and fall back on the previous web site until the "new and improved" website is FIXED?

This is a major failure of Royal's top dogs....

Michael Bayley finally made an official statement, in a letter posted on the FB C&A page. The root cause is partially the customer's fault because many had more than one online account. But RCI takes some blame too. And apparently they purposely are removing the online ability to adjust C&A perks. You know how that works. Fewer changes to make if everyone has to call C&A instead of making a few clicks on a screen.

I still can't login. Have reset my password a dozen times. Always get the message "We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later.". I'd love to know why some people can log in and some can't. And I honestly can't believe they haven't just rolled back this mess and said nevermind & sorry we suck.

I just checked and no matter what password I put I get that same message, but if I put an incorrect email it says invalid email/password combination so I guess my account is all messed up.

Without boring everyone with the details, I finally took the plunge yesterday and attempted to logon to the new website. I had exactly the same issues as most reported here. C&A was unable to help yesterday and asked me to wait 24 hours, so this morning I contacted them again and got an agent who was finally able to get me signed on. I am missing most of my 14 future cruises, and 3 of my completed cruises (but I have no idea which ones, and it will take a long time to go through the list).

This is all so unnecessary.:mad:

I believe that RCI got into this muddle because no one in the front office has ever had to use the website. The site they are trying to mend was already in deep trouble probably for this very reason. The site has a few intricate sections that have to play together and I doubt that the IT programmers come close to comprehending the purpose and needs of we the customers who rely on using the website components.

I would highly suggest that they form a committee of frequent guests to work with the programmers to ensure the site works as required in all facets of its operational requirements!

Good idea, thank you!:)

ROYAL CARIBBEAN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY·FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2018

Good morning everyone,

I wanted to write our loyal Crown & Anchor members to both acknowledge and apologize for the issues you are experiencing with our new Guest Account functionality and more importantly update you with the current status. I know that many of you are wasting valuable time and energy migrating to our new Guest Account system. Please know that we hear you, we read everything and we have mobilized the necessary resources to fix the problems.

Our new Guest Account capability is well-intended and will ultimately make everyone’s life easier by having one username and password and a unified account that will make using our various systems seamless whether onshore or at sea. We’ve also invested in upgrading our security capabilities to provide additional protection. The root cause of everyone’s frustration is a combination of many guests having created multiple accounts over the years, the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online for our loyal Crown & Anchor members, and mistakes we made in developing and implementing the first release of this new capability. Long story short, we simply did not deliver on this implementation despite our best intentions.

Recognizing all of this, we have assembled a focused team to fix every possible issue. We have a clear list of fixes and the team is working fast to implement solutions to resolve both data issues and restore functionality. They’re making progress and you will see an improved experience in the coming days. If you are continuing to have issues, we’ve also created an email account at guestaccounthelp@rccl.com to reach the dedicated team directly versus having to call customer service.

We realize that none of what I’ve said changes the fact that we’ve added complication and frustration for our loyal guests. Please know that we value your loyalty and rather than try to give you some vague excuses as to what’s taken place, I want you to know that we recognize our mistakes and are working hard to fix them quickly.

Thank you for your patience and your loyalty. We don’t take it for granted and are working hard and fast to address the situation.

Michael

That’s nice that it’s being acknowledged and that there’s a plan to fix it and not leave it the way it is.

I never got this letter though, and I’ve been a Crown and Anchor member for 14 years and my email address has never changed.

I guess that part of their system is just as flawed as the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s nice that it’s being acknowledged and that there’s a plan to fix it and not leave it the way it is.

I never got this letter though, and I’ve been a Crown and Anchor member for 14 years and my email address has never changed.

I guess that part of their system is just as flawed as the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The letter was on FB

We all now know about the web site problems, but here is my question: If you are senior corporate management, why would you not pull this piece of trash down and fall back on the previous web site until the "new and improved" website is FIXED?

This is a major failure of Royal's top dogs....

The most likely explanation is that the switch migrated data to a new database and once clients started doing things in the new database there was no clean way to reconcile the two database. So rolling back to the previous system would have forced end users to redo stuff that was "done" in the new system. Very confusing and prone to multiple errors.

Michael Bayley finally made an official statement, in a letter posted on the FB C&A page. The root cause is partially the customer's fault because many had more than one online account. But RCI takes some blame too. And apparently they purposely are removing the online ability to adjust C&A perks. You know how that works. Fewer changes to make if everyone has to call C&A instead of making a few clicks on a screen.

So RCI is admitting that it basically did no analysis of existing data and usage patterns before designing the new system. A simple database query would have determined that multiple accounts use the same email address. But even that was not necessary, an understanding of reality would have suggested that the likelihood of three and four year old C&A members managing their own accounts approached zero.

Aside from the testing issue, RCI has much deeper IT problems. It seems that customer interests do not factor into its thinking. So long as customer needs and desires are ignored in the design process, a user friendly website is going to be near impossible to produce.