Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

I've been able to get into my cruise planner up until today. I have to log into it using res# etc, but it was working. Now, I get something like "you decide to take a vacation and now our site is on vacation" message for the planner. It also says they're "aware" of the issues and are working them. The link to the planner should be a clean one from the cruises page. Hopefully that's what they're fixing, today..

New website leaves a lot to be desired at this point. Initially I had a missing booked cruise and no past cruises. After adding my CA account number to personal information, logging on and off, I then had the past cruises listed. I did have to add the one missing future cruise. I don't like that I can't see itineraries on the future cruises any longer and looking at cruise planner has been a maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. I also haven't found any place to update cruising and gift preferences that were there. Very frustrating at this time and having been involved in IT in the past I wonder who is testing these things before they move it out to us.

Anton - I think the cruise media is well-aware of this major fiasco (train wreck). But are probably not wanting to negatively report on the industry giants that are "paying their (advertising) bills".

Yep. They don’t want to bite the hand that feeds them. Just like the real media :confused:

This may have already been noted, but received this from RC regarding a previous cruise missing from my cruise history. Thought I would share:

Please note any cruises that have been manually added to your cruise history and sailings listed as “unknown” will not appear on your online account. Although the sailing will not appear in your online account, your Cruise Point total will reflect correctly. Our Technical Department is aware of this issue and we hope to find a resolution to the problem soon. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We greatly appreciate your patience in this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really Bites! I hadn’t been on there in a few weeks and came back to the most Un-User Friendly version of the web site ever! In the past I was always glad that they left the My Cruises section and your reservation section to make changes and payments alone but not this time! Gee Wiz! 😡

I’m through with my rant so back to your regular scheduled program!

Also what really irks me are the suggestions:

Change browers: I've used Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox

Clear browser history: Every dang day.

Reboot: Every dang day

As if it's my computer's problem.

I have a cruise about 5 months out. When I first booked I entered the passport info etc as I ALWAYS do as soon as I have a confirmed reservation. I had to go in and change credit card info. In bold red it says that you cannot do the online check in until 90 days out even though each category shows it completed.

I called and was told a BUNCH of hooey. That RCI NEVER let you fill it out until 90 days. Well WHY is it already filled out? And why as my previous cruise (4 months ago) filled in about 10 months out? So then they backtracked and said "MANY YEARS ago you could fill it out upon confirmation". Was last month MANY years ago? Was November MANY years ago?

I'm NOT an IT whiz, but after 70+ cruises I DO know how to fill out online check in.

The situation on Celebrity is the same. I'd months ago filled out my information. Needed to change the SAME credit card. I didn't even get the 90 DAYS banner but when I called Celebrity I was told "you've never been able to fill that information out prior to 90 days". AGAIN why, then is it filled out already? Oh you must have gotten in on a glitch!!!

Well I've had 70 glitches then.

I'd much more appreciate it if either of them say "We're in the middle of a huge CLUSTER on our new website and you all are our beta testers. Don't try to make me appear feeble minded or incompetent.

... Oh you must have gotten in on a glitch!!!

Well I've had 70 glitches then.

I'd much more appreciate it if either of them say "We're in the middle of a huge CLUSTER on our new website and you all are our beta testers. Don't try to make me appear feeble minded or incompetent.

"Well I've had 70 glitches then." [emoji23][emoji23]

And yes, it's very frustrating when someone adamantly insists you've never been able to do something that you've done dozens of times.

LOL

Royal Caribbean hosting an open website usability test

IN: Website

21Feb2018

By:

Matt Hochberg

Royal Caribbean is inviting the public to help test their website at their corporate offices in March.

If you are interested in helping Royal Caribbean test their site's usability, and you will be in South Florida between March 12-16, you can apply to join.

Those accepted to the test will conduct the testing at Royal Caribbean's corporate offices, followed by lunch onboard a cruise ship.

So I finally get in the cruise planner and the excursion I want is on sale (finally!) and when I go to book the excursion the system freezes. I tried to immediately get back on the site and I can’t. By the time I can log back on, a day later, the sale is no longer on. Has this happened to anyone? I sent an email to RC but no response so far.

Sale has ended you are probably out of luck. Sorry...

I figured out the Set Sail pass checkin and the excursions/drinks (link for Cruise Planner after logging in), etc. but I can't figure out how to get to the Cruise Details - the page that shows what time you arrive and leave, and whether or not you are docked or tendering.

I have had 3 calls with them in the past 2 days. Apparently (obviously) they have upgraded their website. They let me know that it could take another week for everything to show correctly. It has me as a "pre-gold" member with NO previous cruises and I can not access my upcoming cruise at all! Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

I figured out the Set Sail pass checkin and the excursions/drinks (link for Cruise Planner after logging in), etc. but I can't figure out how to get to the Cruise Details - the page that shows what time you arrive and leave, and whether or not you are docked or tendering.

I can't find where you print out or view your cruise documents.:confused:

I was in Montgomery yesterday and stopped by the travel agent I use from time to time. She is handling my booking on the Serenade for next February. She didn’t know that there was a problem getting to Royal Caribbean; apparently they haven’t had any problems getting to or doing anything with the bookings they have for Royal Caribbean. I imagine they use a different customer interface than what we in the general public use. I guess that also tells me what Royal Caribbean thinks about those of us that book directly with them. I told her that I wouldn’t be making any more payments on my Serenade cruise until RCI fixes the problem they created with access with their website; and may be cancelling it; if it takes them more than a month or two (at the most) to get their act together and fix what they broke.

As you can see I am very optimistic about Royal’s ‘outstanding’ IT department getting it at least partially fixed quickly. That is because of how long it took the ‘wonder kids’ to fix the issues they caused during the website ‘upgrade’ they did a few years ago. I don’t remember them addressing that fiasco publicly either. This change reminds me of that fiasco. Plus the next RCI cruise I have booked doesn’t have a final payment due date until August, so I have until the end of July to cancel both cruises I have booked without penalty. It also makes me wonder if I will book again with Royal in the future.

I can't find where you print out or view your cruise documents.:confused:

Use this link:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do

and log in using your old ID/password. Then click on "view reservation" just like you did before they foisted the new pile of dung on everyone.

It's not a near term "solution" per se, but to avoid the headache and stress worrying about what I see on my account if I somehow manage to overcome the password issue is to simply give this a good week to see if they fix it. We're cruising June 9th on Anthem, haven't yet done passport details, early check in, etc.

SOMETHING was scripted wrong....and it's UGLY.

I would like to be able to see that I am linked to the two other reservations for early dining that I am linked to. I could see them before.

This is not important, but I always liked seeing how many days were left before the cruise.

I hope these two items are added.

While they may be correct that if we just wait another week or two, what we are looking for will be there, why would they roll this out before it was completed? There still might be glitches, but the amount of missing information at this point is what bothers people.

I used the link given above and logged in with my former ID and password and got the old "My Cruises" screen. When I clicked the reservation, it took me to the screen you fill out when you have a new reservation and then I got the new Cruise Planner screen that has no bar showing the days left before the cruise. The screen itself looks good.

I hope the finished product will be so awesome that we will all forget all of this. :rolleyes:

So I finally get in the cruise planner and the excursion I want is on sale (finally!) and when I go to book the excursion the system freezes. I tried to immediately get back on the site and I can’t. By the time I can log back on, a day later, the sale is no longer on. Has this happened to anyone? I sent an email to RC but no response so far.

You should call to book, so you don’t miss the deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums