Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

I read the Michael Bayley letter to mean one of the root causes was the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online, not that they are purposely removing them.

...The root cause of everyone’s frustration is a combination of many guests having created multiple accounts over the years, the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online for our loyal Crown & Anchor members, and mistakes we made in developing and implementing the first release of this new capability. Long story short, we simply did not deliver on this implementation despite our best intentions...

I can now see that being what he meant. As is often the case with these things, why use 30 words to describe something when 60 words will suffice.

I agree with the post #12- this letter, while well written, should have been sent to all C&A members- as an email! I do NOT do Facebook or use other social media, and I am not alone in my choices. Mr. Bayley- send this apology letter to ALL C&A members!

Thanks...+1! ^

Their entire target market is on the internet and Facebook. In case you haven't noticed, senior citizens are not their bread and butter of the future. Hence why they continue to cutback traditional amenities and do not care whether or not their "loyal" followers like it or not.

Megaships and theme park islands like the envisioned CoCo Cay are the direction the company is headed. Welcome, millennial generation. Boomers are on their way to the retirement home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gee thanks. :rolleyes:

Michael Bayley finally made an official statement, in a letter posted on the FB C&A page. The root cause is partially the customer's fault because many had more than one online account. But RCI takes some blame too. And apparently they purposely are removing the online ability to adjust C&A perks. You know how that works. Fewer changes to make if everyone has to call C&A instead of making a few clicks on a screen.

I stay off FB as much as possible, but in this case I took the time to go find Mr. Bayley’s letter. I do not buy the users having multiple accounts as causing part of their problems; that just highlights RCI’s level of incompetence from my perspective. First of all, how do you even set up multiple accounts on their website with different login and password information that links to your C&A number, cruise history, email address and other personal information to start with; or even have your system configured in a way that will allow that to happen. That in itself sounds like an admission of a major security issue in their system. Secondly, if they are trying to merge the information from two different websites into one website, they should expect a large number of customers that have accounts on both the RCI and Celebrity websites with the same email address and different username/passwords, shame on them if they didn’t. Don’t blame the customers for following proper password security procedures as causing the problem. One of the first rules about setting up accounts is “DON’T USE THE SAME PASSWORD FOR YOUR ACCOUNTS” and it is also a good idea to not use the same user ID for multiple accounts if you can avoid it; but some sites still require you use your email address.

I am now having concerns about my decision to be loyal to Royal last year.

They also dumped three of my seven booked cruises. :eek:

But no worries, just had to re-input the information, then they showed up.

Makes me wonder what else they may have removed from our profile...especially since we can't access that. :o

I didn't even start the checkin process for May 27th cruise and it says i am in the middle of it. I didn't even bother checking up on what the mess it. Will deal with in a month when hopefully everything stabilizes.

I acquired a middle name , Patricia, never had a middle name in my life!!.

I deleted it and saved the changes but when I went back in it was still there. Oh well.

LOL. Thanks for the laugh. This is really unbelievable. We collectively here on CC are proving to be an excellent QA department.

Beta testing by regular customers is not unusual.

Biker, who is a Quicken beta tester and does not get paid to do so.

Eh- maybe- but on our public sites, we don’t do a full scale launch of beta. We internally test till clean, then launch something that is low-bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I follow him on the Site That Cannot Be Named Here and I cannot see this letter......? The last post I see from him is about Symphony.

I too think it should have been mailed to all C&A members.

I would have never gotten this mea culpa you ah culpa letter if I had not been on Cruise Critic! I for one do not do FB for anyone. I too think that letter should have been sent to EVERY C&A member to their email accts. Supposedly they have our email addresses.:confused::confused::confused:

I still can't.

At least I know I'm not alone!

I finally had the idea of logging in to my husband's account, which made the transfer to the new website with seemingly no problems, so at least I have access to everything again (I do the planning, he just shows up).

While I agree with you that it should have been mailed to all C&A members, as well as all those being currently booked on a cruise and not a C&A member, I do think this would have been a little overwhelming task for their IT department;p:confused::rolleyes:

if they don't think they need to contact their customers when they change their cabin assignment how are we to believe they'd need to do that.

I get combining all the "anyone else having trouble with the website?" posts into a single thread but it would be nice if some things stayed separate (like the discussion about the apology letter). I don't really want to skim through 60 pages to see if there's any useful updates.

Beta testing by regular customers is not unusual.

Biker, who is a Quicken beta tester and does not get paid to do so.

Quite true, Microsoft regularly invites particular customers to help with beta testing product. What the don't do is force every user to act as a tester. More importantly the product they beta test operates for the most part correctly. Only the most obscure of issues need to be sussed out. I have participated in a number of beta tests from various companies. Not a single one failed basic functionality.

RCI went live with something that is not even ready for beta testing.

I didn't even start the checkin process for May 27th cruise and it says i am in the middle of it. I didn't even bother checking up on what the mess it. Will deal with in a month when hopefully everything stabilizes.

How did you even get to the page to see check-in? The only thing I can access is the cruise planner (on the page where you input your name and reservation number). I cannot see dining preferences, check-in, or anything else that was on the old dashboard.

I acquired a middle name , Patricia, never had a middle name in my life!!.

I deleted it and saved the changes but when I went back in it was still there. Oh well.

You are going to get an email from Royal Caribbean asking -

Could you please legally change your name to include Patricia as a middle name? We feel that this will be the much easier method of reconciling your user information than us doing it on our end.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I´m a very proud member of those 15%:cool: and thanks for the offer, but I have no desire to ever join in to such a nonsense, I value my privacy.

I too, am in the 15% and I am hardly on my way to some retirement home. I agree with you on both points, I value my privacy and I pretty much think the entire concept is nonsense.

I got an email today asking if we wanted 30% off a refreshment package and 25% off excursions on our next cruise.

I got it too. They seem to have no problem finding my "In box" when they are trying to get me to buy something.

I liked the description of the root cause being passengers had multiple accounts. Do they think people intentionally registered more than once? Perhaps poor IT support over decades has resulted in multiple accounts. Should this really be news to the IT department?