Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Anyone else notice that their Crown & Anchor status is wrong on the new site? We have 40 point and it says we are diamond. I can be very suspicious but am concerned that with the combining of Celebrity to the site that they may be changing the loyalty program again?

So, $200 Million announced yesterday to turn Coco Cay into a floating circus and $900 Million to upgrade fairly new ships.

I have an idea! Why not spend a tiny amount of money to hire a competent IT Department that can create a user friendly, comprehensive website to make the customers happy? Sheesh, is it really that hard?

So, $200 Million announced yesterday to turn Coco Cay into a floating circus and $900 Million to upgrade fairly new ships.

I have an idea! Why not spend a tiny amount of money to hire a competent IT Department that can create a user friendly, comprehensive website to make the customers happy? Sheesh, is it really that hard?

It is much harder than most realize. But that does not excuse RCI for releasing something that a few minutes of real world testing would have established was not ready for prime time.

I know their website has been “updated” but I have been unable to log in for a week. I cleared the cache, and still get a message. saying "We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later." I was able to get to my boarding docs using https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/boardingDocuments.do?

but want to get to the planner and actual reservation. Who else is getting this message?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Two emails, no response. I can finally log in and see one of the two cabins we have booked. Rest assured RCCL, this is my last time with you.....customers do matter. If I could get my money back I would be happy to explore Princess and some other options. If your front page to the public does not work how can I expect things to work properly on your ships?

Well said! No reason customers should have to deal with this ongoing fiasco. The new website is useless!!

Two emails, no response. I can finally log in and see one of the two cabins we have booked. Rest assured RCCL, this is my last time with you.....customers do matter. If I could get my money back I would be happy to explore Princess and some other options. If your front page to the public does not work how can I expect things to work properly on your ships?

Fortunately, things work far better onboard than they do at HQ. But I feel your pain.

I have four cruises booked. Only one shows. The page with my purchased cruises shows that my "next" cruise is in January 2019...but I have a June 2018 and October 2018 before that! My adult children's reservation for the January cruise, that I make for them (and manage), is missing as well. :mad:

Website wasn't good before...seems less so now.

The customer service rep said he had no idea how long the system would be like this.

Edited by CCC3

I was looking at those news articles earlier, the Coco Cay thing makes perfect sense the way they are doing things. After all where else would be a better place to build a huge water park where it appears most thing may cost a little extra than a fly speck of an island in the middle of the Caribbean that hasn't been over commercialized yet?

As for upgrading the ships; I was on both the Indie and Freedom last year and I didn't see anything that was broke so why fix them. I think it would be nice if they would take part that money and build a couple smaller ships that can get into ports that the mega ships they are building these days can't. I am getting tired of going to the same ports all the time and it seems like the list of destinations keeps shrinking every year, especially in the Caribbean.

I can't find where you fill out your SetSail pass. Granted I have until August to find it but still...

All of my 2018 cruises are missing from the new site, including a cruise in 2 weeks. I used the old link posted elsewhere on this forum, selected the “”Already”Booked” tab, filled out the form on the next page to locate my reservation (reservation number, ship, sailing date, etc) and that took me to my reservation at it used to appear with the link for the online check-in. I was able to complete the check-in and print documents including luggage tags there.

The Onboard Gifts ordering did not work. I got an error message that my reservation could not be found. So, I had to call to order.

I was looking at those news articles earlier, the Coco Cay thing makes perfect sense the way they are doing things. After all where else would be a better place to build a huge water park where it appears most thing may cost a little extra than a fly speck of an island in the middle of the Caribbean that hasn't been over commercialized yet?

As for upgrading the ships; I was on both the Indie and Freedom last year and I didn't see anything that was broke so why fix them. I think it would be nice if they would take part that money and build a couple smaller ships that can get into ports that the mega ships they are building these days can't. I am getting tired of going to the same ports all the time and it seems like the list of destinations keeps shrinking every year, especially in the Caribbean.

Royal owns a small ship cruise line called Azamara, 3 ships, 680 pax each. We have sailed on 2 cruises with them and recommend them. They go to ports that big ships don't.

Tom:)

Anyone else notice that their Crown & Anchor status is wrong on the new site? We have 40 point and it says we are diamond. I can be very suspicious but am concerned that with the combining of Celebrity to the site that they may be changing the loyalty program again?

Are you sure the diamond status isn’t coming from the reciprocal status matching from your Celebrity points? We are diamond on Royal but don’t have enough Royal points to be diamond but are by virtue of our Elite Celebrity status.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that RCI got into this muddle because no one in the front office has ever had to use the website. The site they are trying to mend was already in deep trouble probably for this very reason. The site has a few intricate sections that have to play together and I doubt that the IT programmers come close to comprehending the purpose and needs of we the customers who rely on using the website components.

I would highly suggest that they form a committee of frequent guests to work with the programmers to ensure the site works as required in all facets of its operational requirements!

I suggested that in writing to Michael Bayley and Richard Fain as well as to the agents I spoke to on the phone....you can see where that is going....NOWHERE.

The backdoor link has stopped working for me today. I get to login using it but it then progresses to a summary and my cruises are not showing, it says username/password is required in red but does show my points and status.

The new login page does still show both upcoming cruises but I can there is only a cruise planner link for the first one and that link doesn’t go anywhere.

The backdoor link has stopped working for me today. I get to login using it but it then progresses to a summary and my cruises are not showing, it says username/password is required in red but does show my points and status.

The new login page does still show both upcoming cruises but I can there is only a cruise planner link for the first one and that link doesn’t go anywhere.

Right - they must have found out that we could get things done through the backdoor and wanted that to stop. So, now, most things from the back door go nowhere or go to the new site. You have to give them credit for adding less usability over time instead of fixing things!

Seriously, don't you think that most major companies would be working 24/7 with many resources to fix this instead of having it go on so long? I worked for FedEx for 28 years and I don't think a mistake like this would have been allowed to affect (and frustrate) so many people for so long.

Fun fact- I can actually get to the cruise planner via Safari on my iPhone now... will try in IE and Chrome later...

Lol- oh wait... I can book stuff, but I can’t get to the part where I’d make a cruise payment (glad I made final payment before site upgrade) or to my precruise paperwork (glad I don’t need to fill it out for a while!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if they are starting to lose business. It’s now hard if not impossible to even search for future cruise ideas. Which then lead to bookings. When revenue falls. The stock falls and then maybe the CEO will be ousted as he should be for this crap

Sent from my iPhone using Forums