Any success bringing your own sealed/packaged bottled water on GETAWAY?

mickeychicky

I know we aren't allowed to bring out own water onboard...however out of my 6 cruises only ONE confiscated my Zephyrhills packaged water.

Has anyone been successful with getting thru security on the GETAWAY in Miami with their own water?

Thanks!

I know we aren't allowed to bring out own water onboard...however out of my 6 cruises only ONE confiscated my Zephyrhills packaged water.

Has anyone been successful with getting thru security on the GETAWAY in Miami with their own water?

Thanks!

Was it your 2017 NCL cruise where it was confiscated or was it your 2015 NCL cruise or one of your four RCCL cruises?

Thanks!

Have not tried as I don't want to be lugging water around with me. That said the cost of bottled WATER on ships is obscene, so I can see where people would want to smuggle their own water on board.

Who wants to haul a bunch of water around anyways? It weighs 8 lbs a gallon.

It's not bad. One of us takes a 6 pack in each backpack. Lugging my own water for a few hours is nothing as ling as I can have my OWN bottled water that I know where it comes from. :)

I'm with you. The water out of the faucet exceeds standards that city water systems have to comply with.

I don't drink water out of any faucet...not even my own home. I don't drink the water in restaurants, always carry my own. That stuff will kill ya (eventually)

It's not bad. One of us takes a 6 pack in each backpack. Lugging my own water for a few hours is nothing as ling as I can have my OWN bottled water that I know where it comes from. :)

If more people knew where their "bottled water" came from, they wouldn't spend their money on it.

If more people knew where their "bottled water" came from, they wouldn't spend their money on it.

Agree, it's the greatest gimmick ever....it costs more than gasoline.

BEER is over 90 % water most of the time, just drink that if you have to have something bottled at a plant.

Edited by PTC DAWG

I don't drink water out of any faucet...not even my own home. I don't drink the water in restaurants, always carry my own. That stuff will kill ya (eventually)
Ahahaha! You do know a lot of bottled water just comes straight from the faucet in a factory right? And that most non water drinks are made with water from a faucet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Drinking the tap water on a one-week cruise will not make a difference in your health.

You will not be allowed to bring your own water onboard. Either buy from the ship, drink from the tap or do without.

Curious what you do in restaurants with ice. Do you do without?

All this said, I just checked the NCL website, the 6 pack of 1 liter bottles of water can be delivered to the cabin for $3 per, or less if you order the 12 pack.

These are the prices I found:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages

6-pack (1-liter bottles)$14.9512-pack (1-liter bottles)$27.9524-pack (1-liter bottles)$44.95

Aquafina tastes like it comes right out of the tap too.

Drinking the tap water on a one-week cruise will not make a difference in your health.

You will not be allowed to bring your own water onboard. Either buy from the ship, drink from the tap or do without.

Curious what you do in restaurants with ice. Do you do without?

I bring my own bottled water from home already cold. No need for ice.