Be careful of latest “Sale”

Hi all, just an FYI. I booked a suite 3 weeks ago, and check pricing every few days as final payment not due until July. As I’m sure many of you do too.

This latest “Sale” actually shows an increase in pricing of my same suite category/date etc of $1000!

Such an increase in just 3 weeks.....WOW indeed. Eeeeek. So glad I booked when I did. Just wanted to give you all a heads up Incase needed.

I got a price drop on 3 of my cruises. I haven't checked them all yet.

Hey congrats! I will continue to check, you never know right! Lol

I was just shocked at this huge price increase in such a short time.

Hi all, just an FYI. I booked a suite 3 weeks ago, and check pricing every few days as final payment not due until July. As I’m sure many of you do too.

This latest “Sale” actually shows an increase in pricing of my same suite category/date etc of $1000!

Such an increase in just 3 weeks.....WOW indeed. Eeeeek. So glad I booked when I did. Just wanted to give you all a heads up Incase needed.

That's because there was a "suite" sale that expired that gave up to $1000 off the suite price

I got a few small price drops with this one

I do the dummy booking to check the price on our cruise, once we book. It has done nothing but go up. We normally cruise only once a year and we have to cruise during summer. We just paid our final payment and the TA said, "WOW...did you get a great price or what?" I always see all the posts about price drops and wonder why ours never goes down, but not for us. Just glad I spotted a good price and we locked in while it wasn't "on sale." :rolleyes:

Just wondering, WHEN did everyone whose price has gone up, book?

My price has only increased since I booked my cruise too. I booked mine this past Thanksgiving weekend.

Just wondering if certain times have better prices.

My price has only increased since I booked my cruise too. I booked mine this past Thanksgiving weekend.

Most of our booked cruises were booked over a year ago. However, one was booked just a few weeks ago and it went up too.

Not sure I will word this correctly...but..."current sale" doesn't necessarily mean that the "price" you see is for that "sale". The "sale" (and I laugh as I use that word!) will last for several days. Yet the price for the same cabin, same ship, same sail date may change several times during that "sale". Whatever the "sale du jour" is...it really is only the "marketing hype" for that day/week/event. Whether it is 30% off all guests or 50% off the second guest, etc....the "base price" changes to build in allowances for those "marketing programs". The "base price" (and therefore "sale price") may remain the same for the whole "sale period" or it could change as often as multiple times daily.

The RC "sales event" is not like a sale you will see on a dress at Macy's. At Macy's the dress is initially offered at $100. Then they list it on "sale" for 25% off and state the sale will last until XX/XX/XXXX. You can go in and it will be that reduced price until that date. The price is $75 (25% off the initial price). They may even reduce it later to put the same dress on sale by 50%. They don't offer it for $100 then in order to put it on "sale" increase the price to $125 so they can then reduced by 25%.

RC will come out with a price. Then they up the price to then put it on "sale" at 30% off. They list date the "sale" will end. However, during that "sale" time period....the "30%" "marketing" is always shown....but the "base" price and therefore "sale price" will fluctuate during that time period! That is why some people will get a "reduced price" when a new "sale" comes out and others won't. There is no "set price" that the varying sales are based off of!

Not sure I will word this correctly...but..."current sale" doesn't necessarily mean that the "price" you see is for that "sale". The "sale" (and I laugh as I use that word!) will last for several days. Yet the price for the same cabin, same ship, same sail date may change several times during that "sale". Whatever the "sale du jour" is...it really is only the "marketing hype" for that day/week/event. Whether it is 30% off all guests or 50% off the second guest, etc....the "base price" changes to build in allowances for those "marketing programs". The "base price" (and therefore "sale price") may remain the same for the whole "sale period" or it could change as often as multiple times daily.

The RC "sales event" is not like a sale you will see on a dress at Macy's. At Macy's the dress is initially offered at $100. Then they list it on "sale" for 25% off and state the sale will last until XX/XX/XXXX. You can go in and it will be that reduced price until that date. The price is $75 (25% off the initial price). They may even reduce it later to put the same dress on sale by 50%. They don't offer it for $100 then in order to put it on "sale" increase the price to $125 so they can then reduced by 25%.

RC will come out with a price. Then they up the price to then put it on "sale" at 30% off. They list date the "sale" will end. However, during that "sale" time period....the "30%" "marketing" is always shown....but the "base" price and therefore "sale price" will fluctuate during that time period! That is why some people will get a "reduced price" when a new "sale" comes out and others won't. There is no "set price" that the varying sales are based off of!

A long way of saying their sales are meaningless and essentially non-existent.....:p

In other words, this is just like every other sale for every other product ever sold. Some pricing will go up from what some people paid, some pricing will go down from what other people paid.

Can't wait for next month's "This stupid sale didn't save me any money!!" thread.

I booked our September cruise last August when RCI had a BOGO 50%,like the sale now. Comparing price yesterday, if booking now cruise would cost $1100 more for the two of us. Im glad I booked when I did. I check each “sale” to see if price drops and I haven’t found it for less since.

I only booked mine 3 weeks ago..... !

Of the 3 bookings that went down 2 were booked on 12/5/17 and 1 was booked on 2/17/18