Oasis Class - Balcony Preference

Hello All - Getting more and more excited for our upcoming honeymoon in October on the Oasis. We were originally debating on either purchasing the drink package or an upgrade to a balcony room but someone actually purchased the drink package for us as a wedding gift! That being said, we will get to have our cake and eat it too but I want some opinions from the CC communities.

I have had a boardwalk balcony once before and while it was unique, there was noise earlier than I wanted and I didn’t have a strong desire to be out on my balcony to look at the balcony.

Typically I feel like an ocean view balcony is a no brainer but the Central Park view does have the extra inclusions and is only an extra $1 over the ocean view right now. Is the CP view nice? Quiet? I’m just thinking about breakfast on the balcony each morning. Any opinions on one or the other?

Is the CP view nice? Quiet? I’m just thinking about breakfast on the balcony each morning. Any opinions on one or the other?

For the most part, the view is of the balconies across from you, as in a high-rise apartment complex. Also keep in mind, that that is the view of YOU, so you're on display on your balcony (and in your cabin, unless you close the drapes).

The cabins are quieter than the Boardwalk cabins, generally, but when there is live pool music, it will BLAST for several hours on and off throughout the afternoon. If you're a napper, forget about it.

I know CP balconies have their fans, but I would not cruise in one again. If the price difference is not prohibitive, I'd pick oceanview in a heartbeat.

I just got of the Oasis of the Seas the end of December and we tried a boardwalk balcony (3rd from the end) this time just to see. We typically book ocean view balcony rooms. I can honestly say that I missed the ocean view (even though we could see the water out the back of this ship (had a good view), I really missed the ocean view. I found that I missed the view at port as well. the view out of the back of the ship was non eventful, no watching the boats come by the ships (if on the outside at a port) and no view of the beautiful place we were visiting when on the pier side. I would recommend the balcony, especially if it’s your honeymoon cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ocean view on deck 8 is our favorite. We tried a CP view last August, and while it was ok from a noise perspective, there was no breeze on the balcony, and the view is of your neighbor's balcony (and that can be a bit of an adventure).

Ocean view on deck 8 is our favorite. We tried a CP view last August, and while it was ok from a noise perspective, there was no breeze on the balcony, and the view is of your neighbor's balcony (and that can be a bit of an adventure).

Ditto.

We just came back from an Ocean view Balcony cabin cruise on Oasis (also deck 8)...once you've experienced that...it's tough to get any other cabin class (except a suite of course).

If there are several OV balconies available on deck 8, is there any particular area (midship, aft, or right by a particular bar/restaurant) you would choose, or is being on 8 the most important and the specific location doesn’t matter? And would you pay an extra $67 a person (3 people so about $200 total) for the larger balcony? It’s the eastern itinerary so there’s an extra sea day.

Thanks for any thoughts.

If there are several OV balconies available on deck 8, is there any particular area (midship, aft, or right by a particular bar/restaurant) you would choose, or is being on 8 the most important and the specific location doesn’t matter? And would you pay an extra $67 a person (3 people so about $200 total) for the larger balcony? It’s the eastern itinerary so there’s an extra sea day.

Thanks for any thoughts.

We like to be near one of the stair/elevator lobbies.

Thanks for any thoughts.

We usually try to get one of the large balcony ones on the hump (8202 is our favorite), but the ones on the edge of the hump - i.e. 8206 - are less expensive but have virtually the same size balcony as the ones on the hump.

I think my last one was oceanview deck 7, and I really liked it! Only thing I would change (and did change, for my next Oasis class one) is to be a little more central, to be closer to the stairs. Our last one was more forward, and it was quite a hike to get to the stairs...