Man overboard on Anthem

I am on Anthem also.

The captain announced about 20 minutes ago that a young male had jumped into the sea from the jogging track on deck 15 at the stern and ask if anyone had witness him doing so. NCL Gem is still circling our ship. Anthem also is circling.

Captain Sprecko just announced that the young man has been identified and his family has been notified.

That is so very sad. I doubt he survived a fall that far. I do hope they find him though for his families sake. I feel so bad for his family and for everyone on the ship right now as this impacts everyone.

I am sorry you are having to go through this!

Captain Heinrich (sp?) announced the person was not found and coast guard will continue to search but we are headed back to Bayonne with all engines engaged and should be close to on time. So sad, prayers to this man's family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on Anthem also.

The captain announced about 20 minutes ago that a young male had jumped into the sea from the jogging track on deck 15 at the stern and ask if anyone had witness him doing so. NCL Gem is still circling our ship. Anthem also is circling.

Captain Sprecko just announced that the young man has been identified and his family has been notified.

Captain Heinrich (sp?) announced the person was not found and coast guard will continue to search but we are headed back to Bayonne with all engines engaged and should be close to on time. So sad, prayers to this man's family.

Capt Henrik Loft Sørensen

Capt Henrik Loft Sørensen

Thanks, MM. I knew I butchered Captain Sorensen's name. We switched Captains mid-cruise at Cape Canaveral, so the flyers we have list the 'old' captain. What an awful way to start a new tour,

So sad to hear this and second overboard incident in a few days.

While I’m not on the Anthem, so I haven’t heard the announcements. I was taught a little secret by someone I know in the Coast Guard—if they use the word “recover”, they are not alive. If he was alive, they would say “rescue”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just turned around. Please start praying.

I will ask mother nature for calm seas and a bright sunny day in order to see the person easier. I hope they find him and he is ok.

Edited by ReneeFLL

I will ask mother nature for calm seas and a bright sunny day in order to see the person easier. I hope they find him and he is ok.

Unfortunately, if he has been in the water in that area for this long, with no other protection than street clothes, the odds are almost infinitesimal that he would be found alive. In 70*F water like the Gulf Stream is now, hypothermia would cause loss of consciousness (and the ability to keep your head out of the water) within 12 hours.

Unfortunately, if he has been in the water in that area for this long, with no other protection than street clothes, the odds are almost infinitesimal that he would be found alive. In 70*F water like the Gulf Stream is now, hypothermia would cause loss of consciousness (and the ability to keep your head out of the water) within 12 hours.

That's sad to hear. I was hoping they would find him alive. His parents must be devastated. That's just awful.

Not to mention hitting the water from 15 stories up. You have to hit the water exactly right to even stay conscious.

There were no further announcements from the captain after we set back on course to Bayonne, I have to assume it did not end well. It really puts things into perspective.

Anthem arrived back on time and we were off the boat and in our car by 7:30 AM.