Liquor package makes nightly Elite drinks useless ?

downundermatt

Agree....

We usually cruise in suites with a premium package and Michael’s Club included but still enjoy a couple of drinks at the Elite Cocktail evenings once or twice per cruise.

To us it is all about meeting and enjoying the company of like minded cruisers not free drinks.

On a recent RC cruise we found the Diamond lounge uncomfortably full with many guests seeming to focus on drinking as many free drinks as possible....not pleasant.

Also use Michael's Club and always have Premium Baverage Package. I enjoy the Elite Hour as an opportunity to meet new friends. Leaving tomorrow on Eclipse and will be with friends who are not in Suites, nor Zeniths and will spend little time in Michael's Club.

To the OP, I agree with you, with a beverage package The Captain Club two (2) free drinks is useless. In my opinion the time should be from 5PM to 9PM to give members time to enjoy a drink before dinner and after dinner or a show.

The Elite Lounge is two hours nightly from 5:00 - 7:00, except for the first night and the Captains reception night. More importantly it is unlimited drinks during that time. Your statement of two free drinks is completely incorrect.

BTW, RCI Diamond Club hours are every night from 5:00 - 8:30.

Also use Michael's Club and always have Premium Baverage Package. I enjoy the Elite Hour as an opportunity to meet new friends. Leaving tomorrow on Eclipse and will be with friends who are not in Suites, nor Zeniths and will spend little time in Michael's Club.

Look after her (Eclipse) for us...she has helped us through two difficult years....we look forward to cruising on her again in September. Her Captains Michael and Leo both gave us such a warm welcome and friendly greeting....

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

Look after her (Eclipse) for us...she has helped us through two difficult years....we look forward to cruising on her again in September. Her Captains Michael and Leo both gave us such a warm welcome and friendly greeting....

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

Thanks! Lots of fine people on this cruise who we met in at the Elite Hour. Sure that vouches will be used, but I still go to the Sky Lounge. Often don't take snacks or a drink, but love to meet new people and have stimulating conversation.

I’ll be looking for you in Michaels Club and at the Elite Hour starting tomorrow!

I'm almost certain you can get a coupon upgrade from your free gelato to an extra towel at the pool! Life can't be much better than that, right?:cool:

With the elimination of formal nights, I don't see any value in the elite perk of free pressing of one item since now I don't bring even one item that needs pressing.

With the elimination of formal nights, I don't see any value in the elite perk of free pressing of one item since now I don't bring even one item that needs pressing.

That’s your opinion, I’m guessing that some of the other 2,900 people on the ship might differ. Many people still dress up, to some degree so the pressing is appreciated, we do.

If some people don’t use it, it cost Celebrity nothing so why not leave it?

They could still have the event and serve hors d’oeuvres . They can drop the free drinks as far as we are concerned. Just not necessary to include them with the drink packages these days. We would also rather have a specialty restaurant I think.

Edited by Toronto Guy

That’s your opinion, I’m guessing that some of the other 2,900 people on the ship might differ. Many people still dress up, to some degree so the pressing is appreciated, we do.

If some people don’t use it, it cost Celebrity nothing so why not leave it?

And how is that different than the OP's suggestion....for those that don't have the classic drink package (which many people don't select, aren't offered because they book a special rate....or isn't offered on repositioning cruises).

They could still have the event and serve hors d’oeuvres . Drop the free drinks. Not necessary to include with the drink packages now as far as we are concerned. We would rather have a specialty restaurant I think.

Again, not everyone elects the drink packages and for those of us who don't, the complimentary beverages in the Elite Lounge - which again are a loyalty perk, not an option included in your fare - are a benefit that we've earned and enjoy. Should not be eliminated.

Again, not everyone elects the drink packages and for those of us who don't, the complimentary beverages in the Elite Lounge - which again are a loyalty perk, not an option included in your fare - are a benefit that we've earned and enjoy. Should not be eliminated.

I agree! When I saw the title of this thread I thought please do not give Celebrity any ideas. This will be next.

I think that’s exactly what the original poster is intending to do. Fine with us.

I think the drink packages and specialty restaurant packages are useless. Getting rid of those would be fine with us, but it won't happen as they are probably two of their biggest moneymakers.

I think the drink packages and specialty restaurant packages are useless. Getting rid of those would be fine with us, but it won't happen as they are probably two of their biggest moneymakers.

The OP is talking about eliminating the Elite Happy Hour, not the drink package.

The Elite Lounge is two hours nightly from 5:00 - 7:00, except for the first night and the Captains reception night. More importantly it is unlimited drinks during that time. Your statement of two free drinks is completely incorrect.

BTW, RCI Diamond Club hours are every night from 5:00 - 8:30.

Agree.

If we are eliminating something, let’s eliminate all liquor except Vodka. It would save everyone who drinks the difficulty of making any decisions. Celebrity would have a bundle, only having to stock one liquor. Service would also be faster if all you could get was a vodka on the rocks, no twist.

I wouldn't advocate change, but I do see where the OP is coming from. Our first RCI cruise as Diamond was great and made even better by the Diamond Lounge. We didn't have a drink package on that cruise, either purchased or as a "perk". The Diamond lounge was almost directly above our cabin, and we were there frequently. And, on RCI, we could grab a glass of wine as a coupon item on our way to dinner.

We've cruised twice now on Celebrity, and both times had a drink package as a perk. I don't know why (there is no real reason), but we didn't find the Elite cocktail hour convenient. The first time we were Aqua, and trekking to the lounge, then down to Blue, just didn't do anything for us. On our Equinox cruise, we were in a Sky Suite, and Michael's Club was on the way to Luminae, and we had a package as a suite perk. We met people in Michael's and Luminae, not at the cocktail hour. BUT, I totally get that not everyone has a package or is in a suite, and this is a nice loyalty perk that a lot of people have and do enjoy. I see no reason to change that.

We always have the drinks package but we also attend the Elite cocktail hour as like you - we have met some lovely people to chat to in a relaxed environment. We see the event as a private function and we love going - I would hate to see it abolished.

Our experience exactly. It's pretty up in the Sky Lounge at sunset. We just show them our sea pass and get whatever drink we want since we have the package. And we find people to chat with. We usually stay about an hour, and then when it's getting dark we head downstairs.

We enjoy the Elite Cocktail Hour. We have been on 20 Celebrity and never take the drink package. We have late dining at 8:30, but we also go to the show every night at 7:00. So - having a few drinks before the show at the Elite cocktail hour (6:15 to 6:45 pm) makes for a full evening. It’s a real free benefit, versus the drink package.

The happy hour is a genuinely FREE perk for Elite members on Celebrity and Diamonds on Royal. We love Celebrity and Royal for this. Do other Cruise lines have anything similar?

Not sure anything is FREE the cost of these ‘perks’ are a tiny %age of what one paid to get to the ‘elite’ level( OMG I hate that label - some snobs actually think it makes them ‘elite’

Occasionally go to the lounge but find that since the intro of drinks packages less people attend and all one seems to hear is how Celebrity has gone downhill blah blah blah. I usually smile & ask why one doesn’t go with another company. One lady asked how I could be elite with that sort of attitude 🤪. She was furious when I said it was my first boat trip paid for by the UK Government in recognition of 25 years of unemployment benefits.🤪🤪

suppose it’s nice to get some socks washed for ‘free’.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoy the Elite Cocktail Hour. We have been on 20 Celebrity and never take the drink package. We have late dining at 8:30, but we also go to the show every night at 7:00. So - having a few drinks before the show at the Elite cocktail hour (6:15 to 6:45 pm) makes for a full evening. It’s a real free benefit, versus the drink package.
I agree, it is a real free benefit versus the drinks package.

It's really nice of Celebrity to give complimentary drinks before the early show!