I am now onboard Grand and having some problems

RavennaM

Thanks for your comments guys! Still no new cabin for us. Our cabin attendant said that they sanitised the floor but that must have happen fast because we were gone like less than an hour. Well now I am writing a letter, hope that helps.

I am also really tempted to go camping in front of the guest service desk!!

Please believe me I know I would!! I can’t believe Princess wants all the passengers on the ship talking about this on the cruise.

Tony

Considering the apparent increase in these incidents it surprises me that Princess does not state (with plaque next to toilet) that personal cleansing towelettes cannot be flushed.

On the Golden last year there was a printed notice in the bathroom not to flush anything but toilet paper and the tissues were placed in the room and not the bathroom when we boarded.

Makes me think they must have had problems on the previous cruise.

OP I do hope this is resolved quickly as you don't want to be breathing up whatever bacteria is under the carpet.

Like others have stated be firm but polite.

We also had a notice in the bathroom on our April 1 Caribbean Princess cruise.

We had an overflowing toilet twice on the Diamond Princess. Host attributed it to another guest flushing something inappropriate an said they even pulled a t-shirt our of the system shortly before our cruise. Fortunately it did not spread beyond the bathroom area and I managed to deal with it using towels while the host was getting there.

I wish you luck. We had a flood in a hotel room once. Fortunately it was rain water seeping through a window and not sewage from a toilet. The hotel moved us to a dry room and comped us a night.

Sorry for your issues. First I would demand a meeting with the Hotel Director at this point. You can have a letter that highlights your points. I would give him a copy and also have him sign a copy. I would also inform him/her that if he does not resolve to your complete satisfaction you will dispute the whole cruise charge with the credit card service. I would also be posting on Social Media, and emailing the CDC and the corporate office. I would never take the word of the cabin attendant or low level Guest Services.

Myself I go another step, I have a Maritime Law Attorney that I use, and he is the first one I contact. So even before meeting with the Hotel Director, my attorney has messaged the cruise line in question tell them I have a issue that he hopes can be resolved without any future involvement by him. Cruise lines will push passengers around and walk all over you until they find out you will not allow them to do so. Hope you can resolve this.

Sorry for your issues. First I would demand a meeting with the Hotel Director at this point. You can have a letter that highlights your points. I would give him a copy and also have him sign a copy. I would also inform him/her that if he does not resolve to your complete satisfaction you will dispute the whole cruise charge with the credit card service. I would also be posting on Social Media, and emailing the CDC and the corporate office. I would never take the word of the cabin attendant or low level Guest Services.

Myself I go another step, I have a Maritime Law Attorney that I use, and he is the first one I contact. So even before meeting with the Hotel Director, my attorney has messaged the cruise line in question tell them I have a issue that he hopes can be resolved without any future involvement by him. Cruise lines will push passengers around and walk all over you until they find out you will not allow them to do so. Hope you can resolve this.

Attorney the first one you contact? Really? No words.

Can you tell us how many cruise lines have banned you?

So you have your attorney on speed dial on your cell phone so you can call him more quickly from the ship. Do I have it right?

DON

Hey all, has anything like this happened to you guys:

Dirty water from the toilet floaded to all of our cabin carpet while we were having breakfast this morning. All of our shoes are dirty, there are machines drying carpets right now and they are so loud that we cant stay in our cabin right now, not sure what I am going to do when it is time to get ready for dinner! Also weird smell in the cabin. We asked if they could give a new cabin for us. That did not happen. No one cabin available! Could that even be true? Any suggestion what we should do? Thanks!

I agree with most of the people who responded. And I think it is a horrible situation to be in. That said I am a bit scared as I am getting on the Grand in 15 days from now for the Alaska cruise. Should I be worried.

Hope you don't mind my asking but what cabins in general were affected?

Sleeping in the atrium will have this fixed within the hour, I can assure you.

YES. Do it in your night clothes, alarm clock, flashlight - complete it with a pillow and blanket. Even just show up at the service desk in your PJ's and make a stink.

It's not like you can just find another hotel.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. We had an issue on our Alaska cruise in'08. When we boarded the Golden we went straight to our stateroom, opened the door and was met by the most foul smelling air. The toilet had overflowed and spewed contaminated water all over the bathroom floor and out into the closet area and part way into the bedroom. Contacted our steward and housekeeping. They brought in shampooing equipment, shampooed and disinfectants along with the noisy fans and a portable air purifier: all noisy for three days. We did not let this ruin our cruise. No rooms were available for us to move to so we adjusted. Upon returning home we sent a polite letter explaining what had happened. Corporate sent us a letter back apologizing for the event and offered us a credit for our next cruise. We used it to cruise the Mexican Riviera the following year. Using honey works better than vinegar!! Hope things work to your satisfaction.

If I was on a cruise and they ran out of decaffinated tea bags I wouldn't let it ruin our cruise. If they ran out of hash browns I wouldn't let it ruin our cruise. If I couldn't find a seat in the theatre to watch the show I wouldn't let it ruin my cruise, But having sewage flooding our cabin WOULD have ruined our cruise as it is totally unacceptable not to move you. I could not have 'adjusted' nor should Princess have expected you to. Raw sewage is absolutely disgusting and even with cleaning and sanitising who wants to sleep in an airless room with the remnants of that in the carpets? There are always cabins available, even if it is staff/entertainer cabins. They should have done something.

I can't understand how some people feel that it is somehow admirable to become a martyr when something like this happens, as if people just accepting this sort of event shows a sort of Dunkirk spirit. It's your vacation for goodness sake, you've paid good money for it, and sleeping in a smelly cabin after a sewage flood is totally unacceptable.

I do hope this poor person gets moved ASAP. If Princess really want to do it they will find a way round the situation. However, it's easier for them if you just go away and 'adjust' even if they have to give you some compensation later.

I would suggest that this gentleman logs everything. Take a note each time you approach customer service and write down the name of the person you speak to, what time it was, and what they said - take one of the cards showing their name. Log every visit, every interaction with staff and don't give up. Bunking down in the atrium near to the customer service desk is a good ideal. They won't let that go on for long.

I do hope that you get some action soon, and I trust you will get OBC or future cruise credit for your inconvenience.

Good luck and hope the rest of your cruise is better.

But having sewage flooding our cabin WOULD have ruined our cruise as it is totally unacceptable not to move you. I could not have 'adjusted' nor should Princess have expected you to. Raw sewage is absolutely disgusting and even with cleaning and sanitising who wants to sleep in an airless room with the remnants of that in the carpets? There are always cabins available, even if it is staff/entertainer cabins. They should have done something.

It's not raw sewage. It's toilet backup. There's a difference.

When one gets up in the middle of the night to use the rest room, and steps in it...

...I'm sure your post will provide comfort.

It could be raw sewage or just a backup of clean water we have no way to know without physical inspection. In any case it is not what the guest paid for and contracted for under the contract.

While some may see a difference it is not happening to most here it is happening to the OP and they have every right to be upset and demand a correction.

If I was on a cruise and they ran out of decaffinated tea bags I wouldn't let it ruin our cruise. If they ran out of hash browns I wouldn't let it ruin our cruise. If I couldn't find a seat in the theatre to watch the show I wouldn't let it ruin my cruise, But having sewage flooding our cabin WOULD have ruined our cruise as it is totally unacceptable not to move you. I could not have 'adjusted' nor should Princess have expected you to. Raw sewage is absolutely disgusting and even with cleaning and sanitising who wants to sleep in an airless room with the remnants of that in the carpets? There are always cabins available, even if it is staff/entertainer cabins. They should have done something.

I can't understand how some people feel that it is somehow admirable to become a martyr when something like this happens, as if people just accepting this sort of event shows a sort of Dunkirk spirit. It's your vacation for goodness sake, you've paid good money for it, and sleeping in a smelly cabin after a sewage flood is totally unacceptable.

I do hope this poor person gets moved ASAP. If Princess really want to do it they will find a way round the situation. However, it's easier for them if you just go away and 'adjust' even if they have to give you some compensation later.

I would suggest that this gentleman logs everything. Take a note each time you approach customer service and write down the name of the person you speak to, what time it was, and what they said - take one of the cards showing their name. Log every visit, every interaction with staff and don't give up. Bunking down in the atrium near to the customer service desk is a good ideal. They won't let that go on for long.

I do hope that you get some action soon, and I trust you will get OBC or future cruise credit for your inconvenience.

Good luck and hope the rest of your cruise is better.

Great advise. Hope the OP comes back and tells us what happens

Hey guys,

Cabin is D206. We did not get a new cabin or any compensation, at least not yet. I am honestly so tired of speaking with the people in guest service that I might just give up and try to enjoy rest of the cruise.

Hey guys,

Cabin is D206. We did not get a new cabin or any compensation, at least not yet. I am honestly so tired of speaking with the people in guest service that I might just give up and try to enjoy rest of the cruise.

You might try speaking to the Captain's Circle Host/Hostess. They may be able to advocate for a cabin change, or at least verify if the ship is really full.

Never give up. Post on every social media you can. Like someone has said document everything. Sleep right in the middle of the atrium with a sign saying your cabin is uninhabitable. Do not get loud and boisterous but make it known to all on the ship what is going on. Then see what will happen.