Mojito in Diamond Lounge?

Is a mojito one of the complimentary drinks that I can get in the Diamond Lounge (on the Allure)? It seems like it would be since it has just a few basic ingredients, but I've never seen it listed when people talk about drinks they get in the DL.

Is a mojito one of the complimentary drinks that I can get in the Diamond Lounge (on the Allure)? It seems like it would be since it has just a few basic ingredients, but I've never seen it listed when people talk about drinks they get in the DL.

Try the Lemon Drops!

I had no trouble getting one in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You got a Mojito in the lounge..on what ship :confused:

That's never been an option on any of the RCI ships we've sailed on in either lounge..so a lemon drop it's been.

But, could you get it during those times at another bar on the ship using the coupons for Diamond drinks?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

No...We have never had the Mojito's available when using the downloaded coupons associated with our D+ status. We specifically asked one night on Harmony when they were selling/making them in the Promenade one night outside Boleros.

But, could you get it during those times at another bar on the ship using the coupons for Diamond drinks?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

The letter left in your room provides a definitive list of drinks available. Beer, wine, soft drinks, mixers, spirits, liquers etc. You can usually get a drink which is a combination of the mixers and spirits listed but not cocktails.

In bars outside of the DL they apply the rules very strictly IME. In the DL, they are more flexible and will make you the drink if they have the ingredients. That is at the servers discretion.

I doubt if they would have mint in the DL and that could be a reason why it is unlikely you'll get a Mojito.

We've had them once or twice while we on Anthem, when we first asked in the CL they said they didn't have any mint, but, we looked after the server and the next night some mint appeared, it was nice, but not as nice as drinking them in Cuba.

That's never been an option on any of the RCI ships we've sailed on in either lounge..so a lemon drop it's been.

We were denied the lemon drop on Jewel last week, but she gave it to us the first day, the tip then resulted in it being ready for us when we came in the next few days.

You have not because you ask not!:D I always ask for them, sometimes, they bring them (they must go outside the lounge to get one made in Viking Crown because of the mint leaves required) and sometimes they decline, no mint. But mostly, I get them. They are my fave. But the Lemon Drops are my second option and yummy. Believe it or not, I sometimes carry the mint with me in a baggie. I grow it. JUST MINT!

Liberty mostly, but also had them on Vision and Allure.

No...We have never had the Mojito's available when using the downloaded coupons associated with our D+ status. We specifically asked one night on Harmony when they were selling/making them in the Promenade one night outside Boleros.

Bolero's IS a Mojito bar and where other bartenders will go to acquire one for you. I've ordered them at the other bars and they have sent someone to get them from Bolero's on many occasions. You can always get Mojitos and Caipirinhas at Bolero's unless they have run out of mint. But I have never tried to use the coupons for them. I shall try in September and report back. BTW, you don't need a muddler. I just crush the leaves and throw them in.

You can usually get a drink which is a combination of the mixers and spirits listed but not cocktails.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

:confused:

If you put the ingredients of a Lemon Drop together it becomes a Lemon Drop Martini which is considered a cocktail.

BTW: I am assuming a Manhattan is available. Yes?

I don't understand what you mean by this.

If you put the ingredients of a Lemon Drop together it becomes a Lemon Drop Martini which is considered a cocktail.

I agree with what yuvraj said. They may or may not make some ‘cocktails’ outside the D lounge. For ex. On AD they would not make me a Cosmo in the Champagne bar. He said, ‘we do not have the exact ingredients to make them’. People who are getting cocktails beyond the limited menu are lucky and it is the exception to the rule.

And I would not be surprised if another cruiser did get a cosmo there. YMMV.

And I always tipped.

I wanted to add that one may get wines other than Tisdale when using the vouchers at the bars. Each bar pours their particular selection. Ask when ordering.

Edited by marci22

We've had them once or twice while we on Anthem, when we first asked in the CL they said they didn't have any mint, but, we looked after the server and the next night some mint appeared, it was nice, but not as nice as drinking them in Cuba.

Not quite sure how they make them in Cuba but the ones we've drank at both the Hotel National and at the Tropicana were excellent. I general do not care for Mojitos.

Yes, please share the name of the ship and location where they made you mojitos for free because of your C&A status.

It was on Allure in the Diamond lounge. I wasn’t the only one ordering them. They seemed to be a very popular request that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums