Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

While she is suited for colder weather do not rule out Florida as a possibility. Don’t forget she was initially scheduled for a Florida before Royal moved Quantum to China.

Floridians don't like the Q class as it does not have a Royal Promenade and this is why most of the Q classes are destined for the Far East.:D

Floridians don't like the Q class as it does not have a Royal Promenade and this is why most of the Q classes are destined for the Far East.:D

It has a promenade, called the Esplanade. It’s not as wide or as long, but it’s there. I’m not a fan of that class except for 270 area. Truly innovative.

It has a promenade, called the Esplanade. It’s not as wide or as long, but it’s there. I’m not a fan of that class except for 270 area. Truly innovative.

If you recall and it is still today, many Pax in the beginning did not think much of the Esplanade. I love the Q layout and I tell people that the Q class has 2 mini promenades on the 4th & 5h deck. I think that walking back to 2X70 is classic with marble floors and restaurants.

Not sure how you can state that Floridians don’t like the Q class as she’s never sailed from Florida. Also it’s not just Floridians sailing out of Florida.

Melody and Symphony of the Seas will be based out of Miami. Oasis/Allure go to Galveston and Far East. Anthem to replace Explorer in Miami (9/5 night rotation), while Explorer to Australia. Navigator Miami / Mariner Port Canaveral with 3/4 night cruises, and Harmony continues from Port Canaveral. Brilliance remains in Tampa after European season.

Just my thoughts.

My Speculation:

Oasis class replaces Liberty in Galveston.

Liberty relpaces Anthem in Bayonne while Anthem goes to drydock and Southampton

Allure is in Barcelone doing Med Cruises

Freedom San Juan

Navigator/Mariner 3/4 night Bahamas cruises

But also, Oasis class/Liberty in bayonne?

I hope this is accurate. I'd love to do a big ship from Barcelona in Fall 2020.

Melody and Symphony of the Seas will be based out of Miami. Oasis/Allure go to Galveston and Far East. Anthem to replace Explorer in Miami (9/5 night rotation), while Explorer to Australia. Navigator Miami / Mariner Port Canaveral with 3/4 night cruises, and Harmony continues from Port Canaveral. Brilliance remains in Tampa after European season.

Just my thoughts.

Who is Melody?

I strongly suspect you are right as they canceled all of April for Allure....March is too early to sell a TA - it seems they will be having a non-revenue TA followed by the drydock just like Indy! :eek::loudcry:

They did not cancel our Allure April 2020 sailings. We are still booked on April 19 & 26 2020. Just double checked and our bookings are right there👍:cool::D

Anthem could definitely sail from Florida at Winter. Where else would she go? It's not feasible to have a ship in Europe year round.

As for the cold weather comment, it's not year round deployment, it's seasonal. Ovation already spends winters in Australia (warm weather) and all of the Radiance Class spend winters in the Caribbean or Australia, so the cold weather argument is nonsense.

Anthem could definitely sail from Florida at Winter. Where else would she go? It's not feasible to have a ship in Europe year round.

As for the cold weather comment, it's not year round deployment, it's seasonal. Ovation already spends winters in Australia (warm weather) and all of the Radiance Class spend winters in the Caribbean or Australia, so the cold weather argument is nonsense.

Hello,

For a couple of years we had the Independence year-round out of Southampton. The problem was when we had bad (ie cold/wet/windy) weather (for 5-6 months) as there was insufficient seating under cover to accommodate everyone that didn't want to freeze to death or turn into a drowned rat.

This was not as large a problem on itineraries to the Canaries as it was on itineraries to the med as the former are warmer than is the latter.

I remember watching one of the in-house promo films on the design and building of the Voyager: One of the lead architects said that they decided not to have a magradome as they wanted to 'maintain the relationship with the sea'. Hmm. All well and good for the Caribbean, but they obviously didn't think about Europe (as usual).

Someone from Miami came into the Diamond Lounge during an ex Southampton sailing and I asked about a 'covered' ship, for example Brilliance, but he said the economics were against it.

Regards,

Cublet

They did not cancel our Allure April 2020 sailings. We are still booked on April 19 & 26 2020. Just double checked and our bookings are right there👍:cool::D

They have cancelled the sailings. E mails went out to customers and travel agents last week. Check your junk folder.

Here’s a copy of the letter, you need to call the number provided by Oct 9th or your reservation will automatically be cancelled.

Dear Guest,

Allure of the Seas is undergoing an extended renovation which means, we must regrettably cancel our April 19, 2020, sailing. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to be enjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you will take advantage of.

Option 1: Re-book one of the following 2020 sailings

• Oasis of the Seas
    • Mar. 22nd or Apr. 5th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel, Mexico.
    • Mar. 29th or Apr. 26th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Labadee, Haiti.
    • Apr. 12th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Labadee, Haiti.

• Harmony of the Seas
    • Apr. 12th cruise departing from Orlando, Florida, sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico| Roatan, Honduras | Cozumel, Mexico.
    • Apr. 19th cruise departing from Orlando, Florida, sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

• Whether you’re a beach bum, a diver, a foodie, or a golfer, there’s a Caribbean island just for you! Try something new and check it off your bucket list. We are sure you’ll find your perfect getaway!

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items.
  • And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus, an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean sailingand receive the following credits to spend onboard per stateroom:

Option 3: If you choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit. Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide any additional compensation, including air reimbursement.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. One of our destination experts will call you starting September 25th to help find your perfect cruise. If we happen to miss you, please call us by October 9th, 2018 at 888-281-9344. If we haven’t heard from you by Oct 9th, your reservation will be cancelled.

Lastly, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thanks for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

They have cancelled the sailings. E mails went out to customers and travel agents last week. Check your junk folder.

Here’s a copy of the letter, you need to call the number provided by Oct 9th or your reservation will automatically be cancelled.

Dear Guest,

Allure of the Seas is undergoing an extended renovation which means, we must regrettably cancel our April 19, 2020, sailing. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to be enjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you will take advantage of.

Option 1: Re-book one of the following 2020 sailings

• Oasis of the Seas
    • Mar. 22nd or Apr. 5th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel, Mexico.
    • Mar. 29th or Apr. 26th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Labadee, Haiti.
    • Apr. 12th cruise departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | San Juan, Puerto Rico| Labadee, Haiti.

• Harmony of the Seas
    • Apr. 12th cruise departing from Orlando, Florida, sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico| Roatan, Honduras | Cozumel, Mexico.
    • Apr. 19th cruise departing from Orlando, Florida, sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

• Whether you’re a beach bum, a diver, a foodie, or a golfer, there’s a Caribbean island just for you! Try something new and check it off your bucket list. We are sure you’ll find your perfect getaway!

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items.
  • And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean sailingand receive the following credits to spend onboard per stateroom:

Option 3: If you choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit. Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide any additional compensation, including air reimbursement.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. One of our destination experts will call you starting September 25th to help find your perfect cruise. If we happen to miss you, please call us by October 9th, 2018 at 888-281-9344. If we haven’t heard from you by Oct 9th, your reservation will be cancelled.

Lastly, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thanks for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Thanks for copying the email. We did not receive any notice from Royal Caribbean nor did our travel agent inform or warn us. It's not in my junk mail either. I am going to forward this to our TA. This took us by surprise and is a big dissapointment. The bookings are still there under my upcoming cruises.

Thanks for copying the email. We did not receive any notice from Royal Caribbean nor did our travel agent inform or warn us. It's not in my junk mail either. I am going to forward this to our TA. This took us by surprise and is a big dissapointment. The bookings are still there under my upcoming cruises.

If you booked through a TA, the e mail would have gone to your TA. The bookings would remain there until oct 9th at which time they would have been cancelled.

Hope you can find a suitable replacement. Don’t forget that Oasis will just have completed her big drydock 5 months earlier.

If you booked through a TA, the e mail would have gone to your TA. The bookings would remain there until oct 9th at which time they would have been cancelled.

Hope you can find a suitable replacement. Don’t forget that Oasis will just have completed her big drydock 5 months earlier.

Thanks👍. I just emailed my travel agent. Oasis might be an option. We booked these Allure sailings B2B waiting for the Transatlantic to come out to add that one on. Sorry to see them being cancelled.

Have a nice weekend.

Our March 29, 2020 Allure Cruise was cancelled and we got the same letter. We had several families going. We called and Royal rebooked us in the same rooms on the Oasis sailing out of Miami. It was a really simple call to Royal - especially since I already knew what we wanted to do. The good news is we got an extra $400 On Board Credit (2 Rooms). I’m hopeful the Oasis itinerary will change slightly to match the Allure’s itinerary (thinking CocoCay). I’m sure Royal will want to utilize CocoCay if it is finished with the retrofit by then. We like Labadee too but was looking forward to the retrofitted CocoCay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums