Status of Ocean Medallion?

denamo

Check out Vickie's blog when she's sailing. She usually give great details about the ship & ports.

That was 8 months ago and such a common, everyday thing (opening a door) that I don't remember whether I had to turn the handle or not. Probably did.

Tom

With the hotel iPhone app, you do not need to turn the handle. It is motorized. The phone needs to be close, almost touching. It would never trigger from the elevator.

Haven't seen any recent reports of the Ocean Medallion program on the Regal Princess being expanded on the ship. Wondering what the progress is.

Anyone out there have recent knowledge? Know if it is being used to request items as marketed?

Thanks in advance.

After contacting Princess by email, a representative called and assured us our stateroom will be ***** ready by sail away. The installation and readiness is by deck. I would suggest you speak with Princess. They will need your cruise # and stateroom number. I’m hoping the installation goes well and quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After contacting Princess by email, a representative called and assured us our stateroom will be ***** ready by sail away. The installation and readiness is by deck. I would suggest you speak with Princess. They will need your cruise # and stateroom number. I’m hoping the installation goes well and quickly.

Is this information in regard to the Regal, or the Caribbean Princess?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are speaking about Regal they were doing it by muster station and I heard that was for all...calls to or from Princess will get you many different responses. When speaking with them over the years I have serious doubts that most have ever been on a ship

This is regarding the Regal. Our date is Oct 6.

They were definitely doing the Regal by muster station since I have been on it twice this year. No work on it until it returns in August or September to North America. Whoever you spoke to couldn’t say but told you what they thought you wanted to hear I’m afraid

They were definitely doing the Regal by muster station since I have been on it twice this year. No work on it until it returns in August or September to North America. Whoever you spoke to couldn’t say but told you what they thought you wanted to hear I’m afraid

Perhaps, perhaps not. There is --hrmm-- rumor in Caribbean's Aug 4th Roll Call that 100±

staterooms will get *****, and that the she will be full-up ***** by mid-September, at which time

Regal returns and Princess will be looking for the next ship to *****. :D

...or not. :(

This is regarding the Regal. Our date is Oct 6.

i am also on the regal on oct 6. which deck are you on? i am on the Emerald deck which is not part of the ***** cabins currently available

i am also on the regal on oct 6. which deck are you on? i am on the Emerald deck which is not part of the ***** cabins currently available

We are on the Riviera deck. My sister and I splurged on a club class mini suite. If the Ocean Medallion is not working, it will still be a fantastic cruise. We were on the Regal for the same cruise in 2015. We wanted to go back since we had horrible weather in 2015. It’s a fantastic ship but very big! Fingers crossed for sunny skies and smooth seas.

Anyone know if Island Princess has started receiving any ***** equipment or outfitting. Sailing in September.

Princess website says: "Princess Cruises, the #1 cruise line in Alaska, announced today that Island Princess will be the fourth cruise ship to feature the Ocean Medallion™, debuting May 16, 2018 for the Alaska season."

Thanks for the link. Interesting new tidbits of information starting to be listed for the Sky Princess. People might like to check it out. There’s no mention of La Mer under speciality dining. There is mention of a new themed bar... :confused: Oh and artist impressions of the two new Sky Suites ;p

Edit - Just looked through all the information in the link and there are a good few new artists impressions including the main pool area and The Sanctuary. They both look very different to the previous Royal Class ships and also to any other Princess ship. It’s certainly making me even more excited for our Mediterranean cruises on her in October 2019. You could even say ‘I’M AMPED!

It might not specifically mention La Mer but the deck plans clearly show an area on Promenade Deck marked "French Bistro".

Medallion Net is just the new super fast WiFi. Completely different to Ocean Medallion. No mention of Ocean Medallion, just the WiFi.

If the *****, currently 9 months behind implementation on the first ship it was scheduled for, is not working by the time this ship starts sailing, then Princess has a very, very big problem on their hands.

I hear that ***** will start on the Caribbean Princess this next upcoming cruise on Aug 4th.

Has anyone heard status of ***** on the Regal. It was to start in July with some phase in. CC groups are small for the last few sailings.

If the *****, currently 9 months behind implementation on the first ship it was scheduled for, is not working by the time this ship starts sailing, then Princess has a very, very big problem on their hands.

You mean that Princess does not already have a "very, very big problem on it's hands" already?!? ;)

Current rumor-mill status on Caribbean Princess' Roll Calls is that she'll have 100± beta ***** staterooms

on her cruise next Friday, and be full-up ***** come mid-Sept – assuming Princess really has figured out

*****'s show-stopper issues with stateroom door unlocking this time.

Don't count any chickens. :( Regal's Apr '19 T/A is marked "MedallionNet", but there are zero internet plans

of any sort on offer. Just a webpage blank other than "In-Cabin Calling to Shore" for $49.50. :o

Wait. Are you saying there is no internet? We’re boarding her in 3 weeks for a 28 day sailing and I can’t go without internet for work. You’re giving me the heebiejeebies right now.... gulp......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why the Oct 2018 5 day cruises don’t show a Medallion.net unlimited plan. The 7 & 10 day do.

My August 2018 sailing is not showing internet packages either [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk