Short cruise on Marinar of the Seas

We booked a four day on April 22nd for next year. We are from California so we figure we will go to Disneyworld either before or after the cruise. I just realized Easter is on April 21st. I guess this will be a spring break cruise. What are your thoughts about this ship? We went on the Voyager of the Seas many years ago. We loved it.

We were on Voyager before as well and have Mariner booked end of summer for mini holiday. Ship refurbishments look amazing... waterslides, trampoline thing, laser tag, flowrider. Can't wait.

I think Orlando is a few hour drive away? But you're coming from CA, so great if you can fit it in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We booked a four day on April 22nd for next year. We are from California so we figure we will go to Disneyworld either before or after the cruise. I just realized Easter is on April 21st. I guess this will be a spring break cruise. What are your thoughts about this ship? We went on the Voyager of the Seas many years ago. We loved it.

Looking forward to sailing on her when she gets back to Port Canaveral.:)

We were on Voyager before as well and have Mariner booked end of summer for mini holiday. Ship refurbishments look amazing... waterslides, trampoline thing, laser tag, flowrider. Can't wait.

I think Orlando is a few hour drive away? But you're coming from CA, so great if you can fit it in.

Orlando is an easy 45 minute drive straight west on highway 528 from Port Canaveral.

Looking forward to sailing on her when she gets back to Port Canaveral.:)

Me too. Birthday celebration next June, as Mariner was my very first RCI cruise on a "half century" birthday. :eek::o Getting another block on that one too. Will be perfect souvenir! :)

We are going to fly either into Miami and leave from Orlando depending if we do Disney before or after.

I was on the Mariner when it was new, and am booked on her in 2020. Can't wait with all the upgrades. I'm about and hour and a half from PC, which makes it even more inviting.

Really? It's only an hour and a half from South Carolina to Port Canaveral?!?!?!?!

Booked in May 2019 for wife's fiftieth birthday. We plan on going to Universal afterwards. Can't wait as I booked the panoramic suite. Cocokay looks to be amazing as well. I wish it was a longer cruise. It is about 45 minutes from Orlando to PC, and I am trying to get more people to go for the celebration.

Regarding your Spring Break cruise concern - because Easter is so late some schools are not doing Spring Break the week of April 22. In Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Spring Break is the week of March 25 and the kids also get Good Friday off. I am obviously not sure about everywhere else in the country but your cruise might not be that Spring Break-y. Enjoy your trip.

Regarding your Spring Break cruise concern - because Easter is so late some schools are not doing Spring Break the week of April 22. In Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Spring Break is the week of March 25 and the kids also get Good Friday off. I am obviously not sure about everywhere else in the country but your cruise might not be that Spring Break-y. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you for that information. I think we will go after the cruise. I just hope it isn’t too hot. We went to Florida in July several years ago and we were miserable. We aren’t used to the humidity. However our summers are hot as well.

I'm looking at 5/17/19 sailing. Currently at $307pp for an interior. I've never booked a 3 night with RC. Do prices rise as sail date nears like Oasis class or is it better to book the 3 nights closer to sailing date?

Pricing trends are not predictable.

Pricing trends are not predictable.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you consider a good price for an interior? Just did my first 3 day on NCL last weekend and am now interested in one on RC, so I haven't spent a whole lot of time watching prices.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you consider a good price for an interior? Just did my first 3 day on NCL last weekend and am now interested in one on RC, so I haven't spent a whole lot of time watching prices.

There are so many factors, time of year, itinerary, ship, etc. For low season, Caribbean, $50 per person per day is what I'd consider an OK price.

There are so many factors, time of year, itinerary, ship, etc. For low season, Caribbean, $50 per person per day is what I'd consider an OK price.

Wow, I need a pair of your binoculars to find one of those deals. Right now I'm not seeing any 3 day Mariners even close to that. :(

Wow, I need a pair of your binoculars to find one of those deals. Right now I'm not seeing any 3 day Mariners even close to that. :(
Need to look when they come out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm on this sailing as well - I booked it as a follow up to my Navigator sailing that finishes on the 21st. I'm looking foward to seeing the changes as this will be my first time on this ship.

We were considering doing what you are doing, but I love Disney, I need to check out Disneyworld

I'm looking at 5/17/19 sailing. Currently at $307pp for an interior. I've never booked a 3 night with RC. Do prices rise as sail date nears like Oasis class or is it better to book the 3 nights closer to sailing date?

Can't tell about the pricing but I don't think that $307 for a weekend cruise in May is too bad a price