July 4th Sale

garyl62

Just noticed a sale banner across the X website announcing this so I checked our March of 2019 sailing and it looks like prices dropped across all cabins from $100-300 PP depending upon level. Most include 1 perk so check your bookings and see if you can save some money!

When I checked the rate last week for my cruise there was a $300 discount which made the final payment for Aqua around $1845. I checked today and with the sales promotion discount of $600 it made the rate the same. All they did was raise the price of the cruise $300 compared to last week and took it back off for the additional promotional savings.

I've been tracking the cruise we booked back in March of 2017 as we have friends that have been considering joining us so I always look for something that may cause them to pull the trigger and sign up. While these prices are still higher than when we first signed up, and have one less perk than previously offered, every class of cabin on our trip nets out lower today than it did a couple days ago when I checked (same # of perks offered both times). Obviously every trip is different, but on ours there was no raise the price at one end to lower it at the other end games played. Hope it can help someone, but maybe it won't.

Have you ever passed a funiture store that didn’t have a going out for business sale (not going out of business) ? They always have a huge promo giving fantastic discounts. and “giving” their stuff away.

Prices are still the same but the promo attracts some and that is all they need.

Get people to think thy are getting a deal and they will buy.

It is the same concept as the shops in the ports, make them a deal or offer that they can’t refuse. 🤑

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just noticed a sale banner across the X website announcing this so I checked our March of 2019 sailing and it looks like prices dropped across all cabins from $100-300 PP depending upon level. Most include 1 perk so check your bookings and see if you can save some money!

No price drop or perks offered on my cruise either. :(

Our October cruise is not even listed on the web sites I looked at. Pretty much sold out I guess.....and the price last week was more than $3000 over what we paid onboard the Constellation last September when we booked it. It is all a game based on supply and demand and marketing.

All they did was raise the price of the cruise

Same here - prices went up last week (mysteriously) the exact amount they've been discounted today... Oh well...

I'M STILL GOING ON A CRUISE!!! :ship:

July 4th sale is good on short dated cruises and in guaranty cabins. If you can book and leave this summer, you can get a good price. If you want to book a specific cabin, prices are high. When a cruise does not sell full, most lines will make offers to get bookings.

When I checked the rate last week for my cruise there was a $300 discount which made the final payment for Aqua around $1845. I checked today and with the sales promotion discount of $600 it made the rate the same. All they did was raise the price of the cruise $300 compared to last week and took it back off for the additional promotional savings.

This is how they fool people whose heart beat raises just because they read the word "free". There is nothing free people! Sometimes there are true sales but this is a very common practice with Celebrity- raise the price and then throw in a comparably priced "free" perk. In fact, sometimes when you do the math you will find that you are actually paying more for the free perks than if you booked the room without perks and then paid for them individually! The latter is especially true if you may not have purchased all the perks anyway. Companies love to market to stupid.

Thank you for the heads up and doing the math to determine if it was good for you, each of us need to do it to be sure that there is value in the sale for us!

In fact, those who are concerned about getting the best rate here in the US, need to check for or have in place a system to be notified of price drops. Personally, when we book we are happy with the price contracted for, yet that does not mean we would not welcome a price drop along the way, which has never happened for any sailing we book, yet. Maybe others can benefit.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, pending on where and how one booked their sailing.

bon voyage

When I saw this thread yesterday I checked my April 2019 Equinox booking and the fare had dropped by $300. I called my TA and got the new price. clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

I'm also booked on RCI in August 2019 and they are having a July 4th Celebration Sale. This time, no savings since they raised the price the same amount as the sale.clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

Win some, lose some.

Thank you for the heads up! Checked our two upcoming cruises: Constellation May 2019 and Millenium March 2020: Did not notice any “sale” for our cabin category. In fact, the Constellation cruise seems to be selling well, since prices have gone up since we booked.

This said, it’s worth keeping an eye out. On previous cruises, we have seen and benefitted from price drops after booking. Sometimes, the drops can be significant.

But, let’s not forget that the main objective is to enjoy a superb holiday experience!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the heads up! Checked our two upcoming cruises: Constellation May 2019 and Millenium March 2020: Did not notice any “sale” for our cabin category. In fact, the Constellation cruise seems to be selling well, since prices have gone up since we booked.

This said, it’s worth keeping an eye out. On previous cruises, we have seen and benefitted from price drops after booking. Sometimes, the drops can be significant.

But, let’s not forget that the main objective is to enjoy a superb holiday experience!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The sale only goes to April 2019, neither of your cruises would be included. What date are you looking at Connie in May? I have my eye on one and I swear there are more cabins available than have been sold so definitely not selling well.

The sale only goes to April 2019, neither of your cruises would be included. What date are you looking at Connie in May? I have my eye on one and I swear there are more cabins available than have been sold so definitely not selling well.

Thank you for the precision regarding the sale end. I had missed that element. In answer to your question, we are on the May 21, 2019 cruise of the Connie. From what I sea on line now, the cost to book my cabin is significantly higher than it was when I booked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the precision regarding the sale end. I had missed that element. In answer to your question, we are on the May 21, 2019 cruise of the Connie. From what I sea on line now, the cost to book my cabin is significantly higher than it was when I booked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm looking at May 2nd. That one is wide open. Hope there's a Europe sale soon.