Back from Oasis : July 15. 2018

Humps aren't always deeper, fairly unique to the Oasis ships. Sometimes they are desirable because they are near the elevators.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

...which is definitely a plus in my opinion.

Humps aren't always deeper, fairly unique to the Oasis ships. Sometimes they are desirable because they are near the elevators.

I think they are deeper on Radiance class too.

Other than the few cabins at the end of the hump like 9078 and 9092, they really aren't noticeably deeper. The hump cabins on Freedom class however are deeper.

For what little its worth, on my first two cruises I met one really great pinnacle and one really obnoxious, part of the fun of people watching and my relaxed attitude while cruising. I should have as much patience here on this board! :halo:

I remember talking with a bartender for awhile in the Solarium on Harmony. He was getting pretty candid with me and we started talking about all the C&A levels. He mentioned that the trans atlantics are the worst because they are usually loaded with all the Diamond cruisers and those people are such a pain. They are notoriously more difficult.

So reading this review just makes me laugh. It really is a "thing."

Guest maddycat

They're also deeper on the Quantum class ships.

I remember talking with a bartender for awhile in the Solarium on Harmony. He was getting pretty candid with me and we started talking about all the C&A levels. He mentioned that the trans atlantics are the worst because they are usually loaded with all the Diamond cruisers and those people are such a pain. They are notoriously more difficult.

So reading this review just makes me laugh. It really is a "thing."

I have heard that from crew many, many times. It seems that attaining that level causes them to “think” they have power.

Most of us seasoned cruisers know that, in the greater scheme of things, we really don’t have power and are therefore not delusional.

I dont see what power there is in attaining any c&a level. All i see are perks. The best perk that we got on getting to d were the free happy hour drinks! The larger balcony discount is pretty good too.

I have heard that from crew many, many times. It seems that attaining that level causes them to “think” they have power.

Most of us seasoned cruisers know that, in the greater scheme of things, we really don’t have power and are therefore not delusional.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I don't think it's the power, it's the false sense of importance. It allows people who can't really afford suite/first class, to get some of the perks and exclusiveness of it with unrealistic expectations.

Frank808 and BNBR,

I totally agree with both of you.

Fortunately, there is a multitude of wonderful, laid back C&A members that do not let things go to their head and set the tone so that meeting people in the lounges a pleasure.:)

I really like your use of the phrase “false sense of importance”.

Edited by beachnative

Other than the few cabins at the end of the hump like 9078 and 9092, they really aren't noticeably deeper. The hump cabins on Freedom class however are deeper.

Not in my vast Freedom experience. Only the Aft cabins have deep balconies.

Sorry I haven't been back to this thread.

Yes, we did reserve all of the shows ahead of time. While it is not in stone, around 90 days out is when you can usually make the reservations. We only booked this cruise two months out so could book right away. Only takes a few minutes and makes it so nice once you are on board.

We also pre-booked the 5 night dining package (you pick whether you want your first specialty dinner on night one or two and at what time, once on the ship you can go to any specialty restaurant and make you reservations for the other nights. Even though they pick your first night restaurant you can change it.)

And lastly, we pre-booked the "refreshment" package when it went on sale for $18.00 a day. Its a good deal, includes specialty coffees, sodas, "mocktails", fresh juice, pretty much all beverages that do not have alcohol. Its normally $26 a day.

Thanks for the review and agree .Have left the diamond lounge , and concierge often because of the constance,me.me me or constance complaining . We have sailed on many lines but in the last 17 years have been loyal to Royal. We have sailed the Oasis class quite a few times and love the Jr. suites and also on Freedom class. have been on the hump on many different levels but love the 8th & 9th deck best. Have 8644 on Oasis in Oct, and Nov. and 8642 in April. Changing to Grand in Jan on Indy as our 49th anniversary. Bob & Nancy

Sorry I haven't been back to this thread.

Yes, we did reserve all of the shows ahead of time. While it is not in stone, around 90 days out is when you can usually make the reservations. We only booked this cruise two months out so could book right away. Only takes a few minutes and makes it so nice once you are on board.

We also pre-booked the 5 night dining package (you pick whether you want your first specialty dinner on night one or two and at what time, once on the ship you can go to any specialty restaurant and make you reservations for the other nights. Even though they pick your first night restaurant you can change it.)

And lastly, we pre-booked the "refreshment" package when it went on sale for $18.00 a day. Its a good deal, includes specialty coffees, sodas, "mocktails", fresh juice, pretty much all beverages that do not have alcohol. Its normally $26 a day.

Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you to the original poster and everyone else! Hubs and I will be on Oasis in November with our two adult kids. I am looking forward to enjoying all that Oasis offers. I so appreciate all of the tips about dining options and beverage packages. We just need to nail down shows, activities and excursions ;p

Thank you to the original poster and everyone else! Hubs and I will be on Oasis in November with our two adult kids. I am looking forward to enjoying all that Oasis offers. I so appreciate all of the tips about dining options and beverage packages. We just need to nail down shows, activities and excursions ;p

Enjoy your cruise. Such a fabulous ship and experience!