C&A program outdated?

This is truly a non-judgemental question, but why wear the pin? I could see that on a cruise with a 100+ Pinnacles that would probably help the staff identify you and might lead to better service, but on a typical cruise with a handful of Pinnacles. I would think the LA, Concierges, etc. have your names on a list and as soon as they meet you will immediately make a mental note. I would never bother to put something on that I would have to put on different items of clothing, Just too much bother for me. I wear two pieces of jewelry, my wedding ring, and my watch and apparently, I am too absent minded to put my watch on as I left my Apple Watch at home this morning. I sure as heck could not add another item successfully to my daily things to put on carry, etc. Again, that is just me.

JC

Being a fairly new Pinnacle I can tell you my thoughts. I used to think people wore them to sort of brag about their status. A lot of people think this way, and maybe some do wear them for that reason. I used to say if I ever made Pinnacle I'd leave the badge at home.

But being Pinnacle for 2 cruises. I have totally changed my mind. The reason I wear the badge is the great (extra) service that comes with it. On the Harmony we had a late seating for dinner, but ate all meals but one in the CK. The head waiter called our room twice to check if something was wrong, with the MDR. We did tell him that we wouldn't be dining there. Another time I was waiting for them to put out some fresh minute steaks in the windjammer. No problem, I did not look annoyed or disgruntled. An officer came by and asked me what I was waiting for, and I told him that I didn't mind waiting. That the guy behind the counter had already ordered them. He then confirmed that they were ordered. And told me to have a seat (asked me where I was sitting) and that he would bring them. I told him again waiting was fine and that I needed to get one for my wife also. He insisted that he would bring them to me, to sit down. Within 3 minutes. Here he comes with 3 fresh (hot) minute steaks. Both cruises since making Pinnacle have been like that The staff really goes out of their way to please. On the Harmony Capt Johnny was making his rounds he saw us sitting and came over and asked how everything was going.

We have been cruising a lot so we don't need help most of the time. But it's great to know it's there. Plus that pin is the most expensive piece of jewelry I'll ever own.

This. This is the kind of comment that has be scratching my head. You are a Pinnacle, so you have been an exceptional customer to Royal and an exceptionally valuable one. Yet this reflects the odd frame of mind I see so much around here. Almost a fear of Royal doing something that will hurt you or diminish the experience. It sounds like you're in "1984" and talking about "Big Brother"....... "We must say only good things about Our Leader". "Do not anger Our Leader", "We must love and appreciate Our Leader".....

I know, that's a bit extreme, but it's kinda how it sounds.....

It's just that I was a Diamond member for 95 nights at sea. A Diamond Plus member for another 525 nights at sea. I enjoyed the perks. And still have a lot of friends that are yet Pinnacle yet (believe it or not we are allowed to talk to them LOL).

I don't want to see their benefits erode. Just because I got mine.

Being a fairly new Pinnacle I can tell you my thoughts. I used to think people wore them to sort of brag about their status. A lot of people think this way, and maybe some do wear them for that reason. I used to say if I ever made Pinnacle I'd leave the badge at home.

But being Pinnacle for 2 cruises. I have totally changed my mind. The reason I wear the badge is the great (extra) service that comes with it. On the Harmony we had a late seating for dinner, but ate all meals but one in the CK. The head waiter called our room twice to check if something was wrong, with the MDR. We did tell him that we wouldn't be dining there. Another time I was waiting for them to put out some fresh minute steaks in the windjammer. No problem, I did not look annoyed or disgruntled. An officer came by and asked me what I was waiting for, and I told him that I didn't mind waiting. That the guy behind the counter had already ordered them. He then confirmed that they were ordered. And told me to have a seat (asked me where I was sitting) and that he would bring them. I told him again waiting was fine and that I needed to get one for my wife also. He insisted that he would bring them to me, to sit down. Within 3 minutes. Here he comes with 3 fresh (hot) minute steaks. Both cruises since making Pinnacle have been like that The staff really goes out of their way to please. On the Harmony Capt Johnny was making his rounds he saw us sitting and came over and asked how everything was going.

We have been cruising a lot so we don't need help most of the time. But it's great to know it's there. Plus that pin is the most expensive piece of jewelry I'll ever own.

I get it that Pinnacle members are treated well, and I have zero problem with that. I am just saying on most cruises the key staff, have the Pinnacle members on a list and they know which ones are which regardless of wearing the pin or not. It is part of their job. On a Presidents cruise where a large percentage are Pinnacle I can’t imagine it matters much since everyone on the cruise is probably at least Diamond.

I get the most expensive piece of jewelry thought and that does make some sense to me. I just know for me adding another thing to deal with is a non-starter for me.

Of course since I am only a lowly diamond plus, I don’t have to worry about it anytime soon, and maybe never.

JC

I get it that Pinnacle members are treated well, and I have zero problem with that. I am just saying on most cruises the key staff, have the Pinnacle members on a list and they know which ones are which regardless of wearing the pin or not. It is part of their job. On a Presidents cruise where a large percentage are Pinnacle I can’t imagine it matters much since everyone on the cruise is probably at least Diamond.

I get the most expensive piece of jewelry thought and that does make some sense to me. I just know for me adding another thing to deal with is a non-starter for me.

Of course since I am only a lowly diamond plus, I don’t have to worry about it anytime soon, and maybe never.

JC

Same goes for me though I am suspicious that maybe never has good odds.

That is very good to see. We will be ascending to Pinnacle later this year. Not that we need extra service but once in a while there are those little things. Because of the way our scheduled worked out this winter with b2b's may end up sailing as many as 7 times as Pinnacle before we get our pins.

That is very good to see. We will be ascending to Pinnacle later this year. Not that we need extra service but once in a while there are those little things. Because of the way our scheduled worked out this winter with b2b's may end up sailing as many as 7 times as Pinnacle before we get our pins.
We did 5 or 6 without pins

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Laura likes me to......

And I have been told by crew members that they like it also. I once asked why...

"because you are showing that you are proud to be an RCI cruiser" :cool:

Why do people wear team clothing...when they don't play the sport.

Why do I see so many bikers wearing HD logo clothes?

Why does Bob wear a green John Deere hat? ;)

Why do I wear wine or fish jewelry? Well....I DO like wine and fishing. :D

Edited by island lady

And I have been told by crew members that they like it also. I once asked why...

"because you are showing that you are proud to be an RCI cruiser" :cool:

That is an excellent and often forgotten point. Most staff really do take pride in what they do. You having sailed with them so often, reinforces their pride. Even in our now more sceptical times.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

That is an excellent and often forgotten point. Most staff really do take pride in what they do. You having sailed with them so often, reinforces their pride. Even in our now more sceptical times.

I get a lot of "welcome back" or "welcome home" from crew members.

Pretty much just wear it to C&A events and the lounges.

Exactly....and have heard that more than once from more than one RCI crew

member. :)

Personally I have no idea why anyone gets excited about any of the perks.

Well, 225.00 off some cruises. Free drinks. Some free internet. Since we have no interest in booze or internet packages those are just right. Maybe not "exciting", but personally they are nice perks:rolleyes: