Here's What Princess Cruises' New Ship, Sky Princess, is Going to Look Like

LauraS

I would book that kind of Med. Cruise in a heartbeat!!! But are looking into the HAL new-build, for the itinerary.

Unfortunately, it looks like HAL is missing the boat on this chance to update... and seem to be building a carbon copy of their prior ship.

I am loving what I am seeing!!!!

Wondeiring about the Sanctuary, though.

Don't know if they aren't losing something in comfort and ambiance if they go that far contemporary-minimalistic on that one????

I wasn't that excited about the Sky, but I am loving the updated look.

Maybe more 'Celebrity' ship?

I hope they consider the design of the Sanctuary. It does not look comfortable or relaxing to me in the rendering of the area.

Where are those comfortable loungers ?

I do not think I would appreciate paying a fee to share those sofa-like benches with other passengers.

Where is the shade?

Will the Sanctuary be located near the adult only spa pool as on the Grand class ships, or will it be in the bow where the Sanctuary is located on the Regal Princess?

Also, the Sky Suites have huge balconies. Okay,but what about the balcony sizes for the balcony,deluxe balcony and mini suites?

Will they be the small size as on the Regal where in a mini suite my DH could not sit facing the water, he had to sit sideways to accommodate his long legs (6feet tall)?.

May not be too keen to book a cruise on this ship. Depends on the itinerary and the price.

We are excited to be booked for early 2020! The new Sky looks beautiful. Sailed the Royal several times and really loved it. I remember before and slightly after the Royal first sailed, many people said they would NEVER sail on that class of ship, etc. Now, many people really love the Royal class.

It is fun for us to have a new ship to look forward to. We just feel blessed to be able to sail.

Janet

Great new modern look and so glad they made better use of the space by the pools by removing those stupid dancing fountains.

Yea, that was a total waste of space & money.

no Crooners? Don't think I"ll be cruising on this ship.

Good riddance.

Another place they deserves to be gone.

I was looking thru ships tours, and just happened to click on the video for the debut of the Royal, I think.

I noticed right away that there were differences between those initial designs and artists renderings and the final design/product!!!

I am hoping that this is the case with that artist rendering of the Sanctuary.

This venue needs to continue to be inviting and relaxing, not 'hip'.

Unlike another cruise line that I know of, planning a new-build... It seems that Princess is actually listening to some of their customer feedback. As others have mentioned here. And, I hope this will be the case when they start getting these comments about the Sanctuary.

They opened up the mid-ship stairway on the other ships.

They added the Terrace Pool back with the Regal... (even if it is kinda lame)

They appear to be correcting that lame AFT terrace pool. Yes, the artist rendering are def. of an actual pool.. not a plunge pool the size of a hot-tub.

They appear to be correcting the usage of space problem with the fountains in the main pool area.

And, they could be hoping to address the complaints about the loss of the Crooners venue.

Hopefully, the tease about the new themed bar, to be announced, will be their efforts to respond to that.

I just wish there were a teeny tiny minuscule chance that they would rethink those extra cabins that have just obliterated the Retreat Pool area. But, I don't that's gonna happen!!!! Pack'em in... the tighter the better....

Unlike another cruise line that I know of, planning a new-build... It seems that Princess is actually listening to some of their customer feedback. As others have mentioned here. .

Really.....I do not think I have ever read a post on CC where Princess passengers have been clamoring for a "wave pool!":)

Princess seems to be avoiding pictures of the Retreat Pool with all the added cabins on both the port and aft sides of the pool. Wonder why?

What ever they did to the Retreat pool, I surely hope they included a more shallow end to it so people could at least stand up in the water.