Embarcation Day

charlielinda

I know it’s best to stay away from the buffet area before you are allowed to go to your cabin. Where is your favorite place to be before you head to your cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:cool:Depending on weather at the back of ship having a drink:cool::cool:

The buffet can be hard to find a seat in but you can call in there and have a really nice sandwich made to order on a roll of your choice, cover with another plate and then just find a nice place on deck to enjoy. You are allowed to take other food out but consider safety, hygiene and it going cold...The deck above the pool is usually quieter and it can be quite entertaining to watch other guests arrive, drop off luggage....

Aqua Spar cafe in the Solarium has some nice lighter options (great if you have started the day with a stuff yourself hotel breakfast buffet).

Sushi on 5 is open (cost).

If you are in a suite Luminae is a very civilised way to start a cruise...their burgers are really nice!

If you are not bothered about food head to the sunset bar at the back of the ship, be warned this space gets busy quickly and smoking is allowed on one side (look for ash trays).

Have a great cruise!

We usually go to Mast Bar and Grill. They have grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Might look into the Aqua Spa Cafe next time, but normally we get food and a drink at Mast Bar and Grill and hang out until the rooms are ready. We normally board about 1145-12 and head up right after our sparkling wine. The burgers are decent. I think I'll try a hot dog next time though in January on the Reflection if we do not go to Aqua Spa Cafe.

Never had a problem with the buffet, like to try the different foods the first day, yes it can be crowded but not a big deal to us. I do wish there was a way to deal with those people who stick around in the buffet until the cabins are cleared. I've seen many people eat and then sit there playing cards, just totally inconsiderate and clueless.

I know it’s best to stay away from the buffet area before you are allowed to go to your cabin. Where is your favorite place to be before you head to your cabin?
Relaxing by the pool at the hotel where we spent the previous night (where we usually have the pool all to ourselves), or else out sightseeing around the embarkation city, especially when boarding in a city we really like, such as Vancouver.

We prefer to board the ship after the cabins are available so we can check in and head right to our cabin with no waiting around.

Never had a problem with the buffet, like to try the different foods the first day, yes it can be crowded but not a big deal to us. I do wish there was a way to deal with those people who stick around in the buffet until the cabins are cleared. I've seen many people eat and then sit there playing cards, just totally inconsiderate and clueless.

Totally the reason why it is hard to find a seat! Like you we also enjoy the buffet selection...we enjoy it most on a port day when most guests are off the ship and we can browse the selections without holding up queues!

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on Celebrity but the buffet used to have pre made Subs in a bag that you could just grab and go. Do they still do that?

We too like to just hang on the back deck and christen our cruise with a Pina Colada.

Also agree with you that people should consider that others would like to enjoy a bite to eat and need a table.

We like to go the Sunset Bar (Summit). Order a drink and then one will go to the buffet while the other sips the drink. If we both went at the same time...we would lose our drinks and table. We enjoy eating outside. We finish our meal and then give up our seats and usually find another place where we can relax while waiting to access our stateroom.

If the weather does not permit us to enjoy lunch outdoors...we will go to Luminae.

Also agree with you that people should consider that others would like to enjoy a bite to eat and need a table.

We like to go the Sunset Bar (Summit). Order a drink and then one will go to the buffet while the other sips the drink. If we both went at the same time...we would lose our drinks and table. We enjoy eating outside. We finish our meal and then give up our seats and usually find another place where we can relax while waiting to access our stateroom.

If the weather does not permit us to enjoy lunch outdoors...we will go to Luminae.

Actually, no sunset bar on the Summit. Ocean View is similar, just aft of the buffet, under the overhang. Nice spot!

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on Celebrity but the buffet used to have pre made Subs in a bag that you could just grab and go. Do they still do that?

We too like to just hang on the back deck and christen our cruise with a Pina Colada.

Not to my knowledge. At least not for the past five years.

Actually, no sunset bar on the Summit. Ocean View is similar, just aft of the buffet, under the overhang. Nice spot!

Actually there is. The deck plans say ocean view but on the ship it is the sunset bar. Going on her for the fifth time this summer and frequent it.

The buffet is busy on the first day, but we've always been able to find seats. Or you can take your plate to the aft deck a very lovely place to start your vacation. Another option is the Mast Grill if you would like hamburgers, hot dogs, fries.

I so miss Bistro on 5....We always ate there once per cruise...embarkation day. Always empty. now, on M-class ships we book C2 (at C3 price...captain's club) so we get a free :) sit down lunch. On S-class ships, we book 1A's so we try to either get on early and find a seat in the buffet holding tank :) or we go to the aqua spa cafe area and/or mast grill and get something.

As an aside, one of the things I always do...and recommend to others as well...on embarkation day on a new ship is to find the gym. That's important because you want to make sure you never accidentally find yourself even near it...on your vacation.

MDR should be open to all categories concierge and higher. I was in Aqua class last week. At embarkation, we were told we could eat lunch in the MDR. When we got there, we were told that we could not dine there. Isn't Aqua class higher than concierge? If so, either allow aqua guests to dine there or open Blu for lunch. On a cruise, the most important times to impress guests is on the first and last day. Being shut out of the mDR left me with a bad vibe. It is memorable.....not the way to get a cruise started. Also, as an elite plus, a warmer welcome with a served lunch might be appreciated.

MDR should be open to all categories concierge and higher. I was in Aqua class last week. At embarkation, we were told we could eat lunch in the MDR. When we got there, we were told that we could not dine there. Isn't Aqua class higher than concierge? If so, either allow aqua guests to dine there or open Blu for lunch. On a cruise, the most important times to impress guests is on the first and last day. Being shut out of the mDR left me with a bad vibe. It is memorable.....not the way to get a cruise started. Also, as an elite plus, a warmer welcome with a served lunch might be appreciated.

I Totally agree with your comments. We have a AQ cabin on our upcoming cruise in November. I have celiac and will not be eating in the buffets at all due to cross contamination issues. ( I got terribly sick on our last cruise from food in the buffet) I would have loved to be able to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation.

We often book AQ and are Elite Plus. I agree it would be very welcoming to have a nice place to have lunch on embarkation day. I also miss Bistro on 5 menu. I would be happy to pay extra.

Celebrity created the concierge lunch because they needed some differentiation....no one was booking concierge. They added a dedicated concierge and the lunch as incentives. Aqua has Blu plus some other incentives.