Do I have a right to be angry?

247kay

I did call and they say I would have to pay to be moved. That is an option I am considering but I have heard so many good things about the coves I am becoming curious. I may just go with the flow and it can either be a good lesson learned or one not to be repeated. I will have my 2 toddlers (3 & 4) with us so I may not get as much relaxing on the balcony time as I usually get anyways.

I am sure what happened is that someone in a cove balcony upgraded so it left a cove opened so they assigned you to the cove. Unfortunately the agent was poorly trained and did not understand how everything worked. I hope Carnival will work with you but if there are still other balconies available be prepared to pay an upgrade fee.

I booked a balcony cabin at a rate where the cabin would be choosen for me. I have done this before on a ship without cove balconies. I asked the agent MULTIPLE times if I might get a cove. I had already checked and noticed all the coves were booked anyways and she assured me over and over that I would not be assigned a cove. Well guess what....COVE! I am frustrated and feel that since there are numerous balconies open they should be able to move me with out charging me. I may would have left my booking as is if I had known this was a possibility (I was booked on a another sailing). This was not my fault in my view as I was assured by their agent that a cove was not a possibility. I don't want to hear from people about how they love the coves I know some people feel that way but we wanted a regular balcony and I feel that I should have gotten one as this is what I was told. Is there someone else I can contact to ask about this. When I call their regular number I just get very unhelpful vacation planner.

Unhelpful or unsympathetic? At any rate, the short answer is no. I will NEVER understand people’s frustration with not being happy with a guaranty cabin. You let them decide....period. I have bridge in Brooklyn that is for sale as well. IF it bothers you that much, upgrade and pay the price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did call and they say I would have to pay to be moved. That is an option I am considering but I have heard so many good things about the coves I am becoming curious. I may just go with the flow and it can either be a good lesson learned or one not to be repeated. I will have my 2 toddlers (3 & 4) with us so I may not get as much relaxing on the balcony time as I usually get anyways.

Hi

So it seems with your turnaround in perception, you should go with that thought. No point feeling angry.

You were not aware of the rules determining the cabin type you could be assigned. What someone says over the phone will not always be correct. If you are ever unsure, it pays off to ask here first. I have noticed that many people who are upset about situations, are upset because of something they did not understand. Granted, you took someone at their word, but many of these people are not very well trained, or misinterpret the information they have. I would suggest, if you do want to continue booking through the cruise line, you should ask for a PVP. I believe you may find the service and knowledge level to be better. You will also have someone specific you can call to help resolve any given issue. (if they can't resolve it then you can get angry :D)

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Right to be mad? Hard to say. There are two sides to every story. From what I've found, the other sides rarely tends to line up exactly with the original. You knew what you booked when you booked it. You probably expected a big upgrade for the price of the cheapest option, right?

If you really feel wronged, at best, I'd say Carnival could allow you to pay the price difference.

Right to be mad? Hard to say. There are two sides to every story. From what I've found, the other sides rarely tends to line up exactly with the original. You knew what you booked when you booked it. You probably expected a big upgrade for the price of the cheapest option, right?

If you really feel wronged, at best, I'd say Carnival could allow you to pay the price difference.

No I absolutely did not expect an upgrade, just what I was told. If you had read my other comments you would see that I am considering paying the price to move. No need to be rude. I have picked my cabin on every other sailing in a balcony and am fine paying to do so. I understand this is partly my own fault and I have said as much.

I booked a balcony cabin at a rate where the cabin would be choosen for me. I have done this before on a ship without cove balconies. I asked the agent MULTIPLE times if I might get a cove. I had already checked and noticed all the coves were booked anyways and she assured me over and over that I would not be assigned a cove. Well guess what....COVE! I am frustrated and feel that since there are numerous balconies open they should be able to move me with out charging me. I may would have left my booking as is if I had known this was a possibility (I was booked on a another sailing). This was not my fault in my view as I was assured by their agent that a cove was not a possibility. I don't want to hear from people about how they love the coves I know some people feel that way but we wanted a regular balcony and I feel that I should have gotten one as this is what I was told. Is there someone else I can contact to ask about this. When I call their regular number I just get very unhelpful vacation planner.

The only one you should be mad at is yourself for apparently not knowing the rules associated with booking a guarantee room. This is 100% percent your fault.

When you are in a cove can you feel the breeze? It just seems that when seated you wouldn't be able to see the water at all. I will say a silver lining and one reason I did not want an assigned cove was the possibility of being below the galley and this one is just barely in front of the galley so there is that.

You get a good breeze on the coves and see the water fine. We love them because they're shaded and a little more private.

If you want a certain cabin you should book said cabin rather than letting someone pick a cabin for you. When we cruise I always look to see which cabin I want before booking the cruise then when I book I get the cabin I want.

When you are in a cove can you feel the breeze? It just seems that when seated you wouldn't be able to see the water at all. I will say a silver lining and one reason I did not want an assigned cove was the possibility of being below the galley and this one is just barely in front of the galley so there is that.

So you've read a few too many anti-Cove posts? Don't let other peoples perceived issues ruin your trip. We have become Cove converts and will take the Cove anytime over a regular balcony.

Just go with it and see for yourself.

Oh BTW, you have every right to feel angry if you wish. That anger doesn't mean you are right or wrong. It just means there is a difference of opinion and hopefully you can work it out.

We sailed in a cove balcony on the Dream on deck 2 and my sister had a regular balcony on deck 8 I believe. Her direct view when looking down is the decks of the ship, not the ocean. While the cove has a view of the ocean. Honestly I thought they were nice and you didn't have the entire ship blocking your view. Though if someone just doesn't happen to like being on that low of a deck then it would be different.

I need to re-name this "I know this is my fault and I am no longer upset with anyone so please stop posting snide remarks as they are not helpful and rude."

So there are a couple of learning points.... if you do not choose your room they can and you should be prepared to accept that. The second is that cruise critic can be tough, which does not mean it is not worth the effort. Go and enjoy your cruise.

Our only cruise experience was a balcony on Disney. We are booked in a family suite on Horizon in December. I knew nothing of this "cove" balcony thing until I started doing research this summer (over a year since booking). My first thought was disappointment....but then I figured this must be a great set-up for families and I am excited to be so close to the water. We will also experience just an ocean view on Imagination on March.

I figure after 3 very different rooms, we will have enough info to book the perfect room for our 4th cruise.

Have a great time and please report back Bout how you enjoyed the cove.

I guess a person always has a right to be angry. But, I wouldn't waste the effort. On several occasions that I've used Carnival reps, I actually had to direct them to what I wanted. For example, on the day I booked the Panorama, the agent had no idea what I was talking about, and kept on trying to have me tell her on which ship I wanted a Panorama deck. Another time, I had a hard time convincing an agent that there are "interior" porthole rooms. But your thread is good, because many will learn that sometimes the agent doesn't always know the real answers.

In my opinion you scored a terrific deal. If you're at the very front of the galley you must be close to the mid-ship elevators. +1

Coves get lots of breeze. Much better than the extended aft balconies. +2

Partially shaded most of the day. This will be particularly important for young children. +3

View directly down into the water, clear out to the horizon. + 4

Very private. +5

Lifeboats are directly above you so they cover a very small amount of sky. There's gobs of sky left clear down to the horizon.

After trying lots of balcony locations my favorite category is the cove, assuming it's neither over the galley nor too close to the front elevators.

If you are certain you will dislike it I hope you'll be able to change it. Time spent on a cruise is too expensive to be unhappy.

You said you didn’t want to hear about people loving the cove balcony and what’s the first reply. They love the cove balcony. If people would only read

They read between the lines, as confirmed by the fact that OP has interacted with people about the cove, learned more about why people like them, and is coming around to a better attitude about their assigned cabin.

OP:

Angry? No, you got what you bought

Disappointed? Maybe now, but maybe not after you see what it really is

I learned years ago you cannot argue with someones "feelings", and you use that word or a form of it many times in your post.

But my answer to your question is absolutely not. You do not have the right to be angry. Can you choose to angry...even claim to be a victim (that is really popular in our society now)...sure..go ahead...but that anger cloud will only be over your head. Nobody else cares and nobody else will share your anger.

Note: How many posts have you read about people calling into Carnival in getting incorrect information? Better to believe what you read...then what you hear.

No I absolutely did not expect an upgrade, just what I was told. If you had read my other comments you would see that I am considering paying the price to move. No need to be rude. I have picked my cabin on every other sailing in a balcony and am fine paying to do so. I understand this is partly my own fault and I have said as much.

Going forward, you should just book the Past Guest rate, I always find that it is around $20 more per person and you can choose the category/cabin/location you want. I never book a guarantee cabin because I'm not willing to risk where they may put me.

I also love Piazza San Marco but have no idea what it has to do with cove balconies.

Somehow I mistakenly thought you were the guy whose name includes sanmarco.

I'm so angry at myself for making that mistake! :mad:

Now I'm over it. :D

I love coves! ;p