Not happy with Norwegian Cruise Lines

stuufy1

No need to apologize. I'm probably confusing. I bought $500US in credits. NCL had a promotion on that doubled that amount. All I want back from NCL is the original monies I paid them - $500US

You are misunderstanding the promotion. You paid $500 for two $250 certificates. They gave you a credit of $250 on your on board account on that cruise so you only paid $250 net for those two certificates. Bottom line is that you only have $250 into the certificates. Now you may have not noticed the credit but it was there.

I think I figured this out. OP bought 4 Cruise Next certificates for $1000 on her ship account with $500 credited on the same account. So, $500 for 4 certificates.

The other obvious fact is OB does not understand any of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Contact NCL and ask them what promotion they were running in April 2018. You seem have have missed the boat here.:eek:

I don’t need to. They’ve had the same promotion on Cruise Next for the past 5 years I’ve been cruising. I get them every cruise. It’s a great deal.

Contact NCL and ask them what promotion they were running in April 2018. You seem have have missed the boat here.:eek:

You are 100% incorrect about the OBC that was given with the purchase of cruise next certificates in April of 2018.

Only on here could this be spun into a 'NCL is wrong'.

Itineraries change, we all know that. To buy a general gift certificate expecting to use it on one particular voyage is risky at best because common sense tells you this gift certificate can't be locked into it.

Common sense also tells us that a future cruise representative has absolutely no control over whether itineraries change. OP wants what he wants because he wants it, and that is 'justification' enough. In his mind.

Why do people keep feeding the trolls? This thread just stinks so bad with a capital T.

Everything there is to say has been said. Wish the mods would read these threads now and then, decide which ones have run their course, and close them!

OTOH, you could just stop reading and responding. Why do you need the mods to protect you from yourself?

I've had cruises canceled and itineraries changed by NCL, Celebrity, and RCCL. Thus, I have to assume all cruise lines do the same. So, applying the OP's logic, then all cruise lines would be liars.

So my advice is simple: don't cruise!

Also, don't fly either ................ I've had flights changed/canceled quite a few times by several airlines.

If you can't bring yourself to book a cruise in the next few years with the conniving NCL (the nerve of them to actually cite a claus in the contract), either sell your CRUISENEXT certificates as suggested in previous posts, or just let it go and save yourself the stress.

Just my suggestion that you asked for.

Thanks - I love my city also. We purchased the certificates the very last day of our Panama Cruise so no on board credits. In fact the promotion from Norwegian Cruise Lines was they gave double the credits - so when I bought $500 they gave me an extra $500. Hope that makes sense. I'm more than willing to sell the certificates so if anyone is interested - I paid $500 US - If anyone pays me that amount and you'll get $1000 US in credits. You can only use one certificate per cruise (2 if you book a balcony or better). The certificates expiry in April 2022.

So you are willing to have someone pay you $500 for a cruise certificate worth $1000 to you on a future cruise because you are miffed that NCL canceled an itinerary and you will never again sail with them again?

So basically cutting your nose off to spite your face. By wasting 500 in value to spite NCL. That'll show them.

Maybe it is just me, but this seems like an awful lot of drama over not much.

This thread is up to 7 pages worth of time we will all never get back. And I am limited to 6 eyerolls.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I find it quite amusing , OP has been told how it works, NCL isn't at fault, but yet continues not to believe they are wrong.

When I'm tired of reading , I will just move on. Until then it's become humorous!

I find it quite amusing , OP has been told how it works, NCL isn't at fault, but yet continues not to believe they are wrong.

When I'm tired of reading , I will just move on. Until then it's become humorous!

I find to amusing that "how it works" from you NCL cheerleaders is not "how it works" from an NCL rep during the sales process. You were not there.

NCL can't possibly be at fault, right? Does it even matter what the cruise next rep told the person? :rolleyes:

I find to amusing that "how it works" from you NCL cheerleaders is not "how it works" from an NCL rep during the sales process. You were not there.

NCL can't possibly be at fault, right? Does it even matter what the cruise next rep told the person? :rolleyes:

I've been there before, I know what the cruise next reps tell you. And NO the cruise reps can't guarantee the itinerary, it very well may be it WAS the itinerary showing at that time.

The itinerary changed , which ANY cruise line can do at anytime for multiple reasons.

Again I'm not a NCL cheerleader, I've sailed other lines.

However I'm not a NCL hater either, unlike many others.

I choose to have a good time on ALL cruises.

NCL can't possibly be at fault, right? Does it even matter what the cruise next rep told the person? [emoji57]

This poster has failed to comprehend countless intelligent, simple and logical explanations of this product. Despite this, they are failing miserably at any comprehension. Yet you want to assume their recollection of the sales pitch of a product they still do not fathom is 100% accurate. Is that a correct summary?

And this has nothing to do with NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

oh for heavens sake: one thing, you are taking what the OP said as the Gospel truth, which may be a little off; no one knows and itineraries change all the time. Anyone who buys a future cruise certificate based on one cruise in the future and only one, may find themselves in the same boat as OP. Sorry, NCL did nothing wrong. :confused::rolleyes:If my memory serves me right, the OP is also one that complains about the DSC. If I am right, don't you see a pattern here?

Not in this instance because no one would (should) believe anyone who tells them something that just cannot be so. No representative of the cruise lines can guarantee an itinerary on a future sailing.