3 for Free Details - September 6 - November 19

Coral

This is only true if the lower price is under the same promotion. If you see a lower price under a different promotion you DO lose the benefits - as has been seen from those that booked under Sip n Sail and now transferred to a lower price under 3FF (such as myself).

Correct , you can't have 2 Promotions ( Rate Codes) for your booking.

You lose the goodies from the previous Promo when you refare to the new Promo.

Just "for fun" I decided to look at the Alaska connoisseur cruise tour we have booked for next year. It is now showing the 3FF. No way. The 3FF would give us free gratuities and a tiny bit of OBC. I booked the cruise on September 1st. At that time I got $400 OBC, Free Gratuities, Free Specialty Dining, and $100 to spend on the land portion. The cost of the booking was essentially the same as it is today under the 3FF. I would have to be insane to change the booking. :rolleyes:

I also checked our Alaska May 2019 cruise - it included $100 pp OBC, Specialty Meal, Free Gratuities and Sip & Sail. So as expected, even though price went down there is no reason to change.

Conversely our Sep 2019 went down sufficiently that we question the value of Sip & Sail. DW has a cocktail before dinner and a glass of wine with dinner and maybe a wine at a Show. For me it's a toss up and an extra G&T before dinner can tip the Evaluator into 'Worth It'. So re-faring this cruise and either buying PBP for me or both us paying as we go for drinks is an option.

Trying to figure out if it works for us.

14 day cruise.

We have S&S. Price went down $80 (total, not per person)

Gratuities worth $264 and we get $400 OBC.

We don't drink a ton but 4 bottles of perrier ($12-16), 4 drinks ($52) and 2 glasses of wine ($26) puts us at about $90 - $95/day for the two of us value for the drink package.

I think we come out about even or maybe slightly ahead for just sticking with what we have.

Have I calculated incorrectly?

Perrier is usually not included in the free drinks.....it is 20% discount....at least that was the case on Sea Princess

After doing the math on 4 booked cruises that I booked under the Sip & Sail promotion, I see that I can save a total of about $4000 in reduced fares, free gratuities, and OBC. Of course we will lose the premier beverage packages that we have under the Sip & Sail promo but they don't have much value for us on these port intensive 7 day cruises.

After doing the math on 4 booked cruises that I booked under the Sip & Sail promotion, I see that I can save a total of about $4000 in reduced fares, free gratuities, and OBC. Of course we will lose the premier beverage packages that we have under the Sip & Sail promo but they don't have much value for us on these port intensive 7 day cruises.

I think that Princess made a big mistake by eliminating the OBC option in lieu of the PBP & if the OBC option was available I would have considered S+S.

Due to eliminating that option there may be many other passengers who feel like us that PBP isn’t our best option. Based on posts of lengthy delays on hold, there appears to be many passengers who are switching to 3FF for the more desirable benefits even if the net cost is the same.

For both offers this summer Princess has changed the previous OBC benefits...none for S+S and a 50% reduction for those in oceanview & interior cabins with 3FF. :(

Just "for fun" I decided to look at the Alaska connoisseur cruise tour we have booked for next year. It is now showing the 3FF. No way. The 3FF would give us free gratuities and a tiny bit of OBC. I booked the cruise on September 1st. At that time I got $400 OBC, Free Gratuities, Free Specialty Dining, and $100 to spend on the land portion. The cost of the booking was essentially the same as it is today under the 3FF. I would have to be insane to change the booking. :rolleyes:

Some people have all the LUCK. :D

Tony

Perrier is usually not included in the free drinks.....it is 20% discount....at least that was the case on Sea Princess

Last year on the Pacific and the Emerald we could get the small bottles included.

(And it was after the change to the new premium package)

It was just the large ones that weren't.

We drink lots of them (the 4 was definitely a low estimate) so I'm positive.

Thanks that's would I figured, having it both ways was just a pipe dream on my end.

Actually you can have it both ways. Assume 7 day cruise, $550 price drop + $100 OBC + $95 Gratuities = $745 add in PBP at $483 gives a saving of $262. ( Adjust OBC, Gratuities and PBP for your actual number of days)

In mid July I booked a cruise with a fare of $2649. A week later I rebooked it under the Sip & Sail promotion and kept the same fare. Last evening I rebooked it under the 3 For Free promotion for a fare of $2469. This morning I checked the cruise on the Princess website and the fare was $2519.

This just proves that it is impossible to predict when you will find the best price.

We booked 12 day B.I. Cruise 2019 back at the Landmark Sale for $3649 pp (Balcony) with $500 OBC each and $100 Veterans OBC. Re-fared to SNS with the same cabin rate. With the 3ferFree we switched our reso to my Big Box which gave us a $525 OBC, Princess is giving us $460 OBC plus free grats at $324... and our cabin rate dropped $550pp! Needless to say we are stoked!

One of the 3 for free items is the "stateroom location upgrade". What does that mean exactly?

It’s a little confusing . What it means is that you can book a higher category at the price of the lowest (within the cabin type). In my booking I have a balcony BD Caribe deck priced as a BF. Premium cabins are not included, example the mid-ship caribe deck balconies are considered premium so they can’t be booked at the lower BF rate. This because on the Grand class ships the caribe deck balconies are extra large 9x9 instead of 9x5, and the midship location is very desirable and priced accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the 3 for free items is the "stateroom location upgrade". What does that mean exactly?

Book any IF to IB inside for the price of an IF. Book any BF to BB balcony for the price of a BF. Etc.

If you were going to book a BF anyway, there is no savings. But if you wanted to book a BB you do save.

We booked 12 day B.I. Cruise 2019 back at the Landmark Sale for $3649 pp (Balcony) with $500 OBC each and $100 Veterans OBC. Re-fared to SNS with the same cabin rate. With the 3ferFree we switched our reso to my Big Box which gave us a $525 OBC, Princess is giving us $460 OBC plus free grats at $324... and our cabin rate dropped $550pp! Needless to say we are stoked!

Hi - I am trying to make sense of this as we dont really have the opportunity in the uk to refare, rebook, switch promotions and so on.

Can you say how much you are paying is it.

$3100?? and you have $985 OBC and Free grats at $324 so $1791? did you keep the drinks or have to lose them.

The current fare here is £2038 (Balcony) around USD2600 there is no OBC and then you have to add gratuities and drinks as required.

First of all, when you rebook for the new promotion you loose anything extra from the original booking. So rebooking from a Sip & Sail to a 3 for Free, you loose the drink package and anything else you got.

Normally the room fare goes down so you save that and you get OBC and free gratuities plus any level upgrade within your category if available.

Edited by famski740

Hi - I am trying to make sense of this as we dont really have the opportunity in the uk to refare, rebook, switch promotions and so on.

$3100?? and you have $985 OBC and Free grats at $324 so $1791? did you keep the drinks or have to lose them.

The current fare here is £2038 (Balcony) around USD2600 there is no OBC and then you have to add gratuities and drinks as required.

Fare is now $3099 pp. From Princess I have $150 pp OBC, $162.50 pp in free grats, $30 pp for ? And $100 as I am a veteran for a total of $784 from Princess. The additional $525 is from my TA.

Hope this helps.

...and $985 & $324= $1309...and we did have to give up SNS.😉

My TA changed my booking for my 29 day cruise on the Ruby, 4/4/20. I kept my cabin, saved $800, got $200 OBC and paid gratuities. My previous booking didn't have anything attached to it, no loss there. I had booked because insides on Plaza were going fast, my favorite location.