3 for Free Details - September 6 - November 19

Coral

In California still no 3 for Free banners or mention of it. Our fare has gone up but minimally. It would still be offset by free gratuities and OBC. Are people already calling Princess and able to refare with 3FF even though it's not showing on the website yet?

not showing on banners but if you price a cruise, it comes up with special offers so you can price it out that way and see the specials.

not showing on banners but if you price a cruise, it comes up with special offers so you can price it out that way and see the specials.

no when I try to book a cruise it is not giving me the 3FF options or deals, shows on pic all interiors being same price except for when I choose my area it goes higher. will wait and see if banners come up or when TA arrives in office have him call and see..

Just had my TA rebooked my 1/4/2020 Sky Princess cruise from S&S to 3FF. Dropped price by just over $575.00 and moved from MF cabin to MA cabin. Lost S&S but we don't drink enough to justify and with free gratuities, OBC and room upgrade we are vary happy.

Not worth it for us. Fares stayed the same but we would actually get less OBC than we currently have. Drink package for us was over $1300 for our cruise with kids so it's a much better deal to use the extra OBC to pay grats and not have to worry about drinks for our cruise--we're not heavy drinkers but the S&S is a better deal in this case. Just have to work the numbers :)

no when I try to book a cruise it is not giving me the 3FF options or deals, shows on pic all interiors being same price except for when I choose my area it goes higher. will wait and see if banners come up or when TA arrives in office have him call and see..

Go all the way to where you enter your name and click on “view offers”. My 3/22/2020 California coastal has dropped by $700 when I add in tips to current booking. I will give up S&S but this itinerary has very long port days so the drinks are not such a big deal. I’d rather start with lower price as we have to fly for this rather than driving to FLL. That savings should help with airfare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go all the way to where you enter your name and click on “view offers”. My 3/22/2020 California coastal has dropped by $700 when I add in tips to current booking. I will give up S&S but this itinerary has very long port days so the drinks are not such a big deal. I’d rather start with lower price as we have to fly for this rather than driving to FLL. That savings should help with airfare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks I do now see the free grats and obc...but odd that it is not giving us the lowest price interior price...all interiors are priced the same except mid ship mid decks....even mid decks aft and forward are the same...normally for 3FF all interiors show same price no matter where they are....will let TA know to call and switch us...

Princess is no longer showing the Sip and Sail but is not yet showing the 3 For Free. However, I just looked at the current pricing. Wowie Zowie! We're booked in a Premium Ocean View. The pricing now shows the cheapest Ocean View at a cost that is $1,312 dollars more than we paid. No way is Princess going to give us the 3FF perks without paying a crazy amount more. We had originally been booked in a balcony but dropped down to the Premium Ocean View when we found the S&S pricing was $1,000 more for the cabin. Looking at the pricing now is mind boggling! It is now $2,140 more for a balcony than our original booking! Seriously. Our original booking was at $3,549 per person so it was $7,098 before taxes, etc. That is for a 12 day cruise. The pricing tonight is $4,619 per person or $9,238 before taxes, etc. Again this is for a cruise that is only 12 days. I only paid $2,160 more for the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise and that had the Sip and Sail included!

Similar thing for us.

I only checked one cruise - Pacific Princess 14 day New Years cruise for this year.

We booked it last year with Sip and Sail.

Today our same cabin would be almost double! :eek: (without s&s)

Not sure if it'll be worthwhile to check any future cruises.

We also rebooked from sip and sail. Our room went down $410 a person. Only one of us drinks, so a much better deal for us. Thanks everyone for the heads up. FYI, the stockholder benefit didn’t automatically transfer with the new booking. A quick call put it back on.

Well, it's not even midnight and Princess has indeed jacked up the pricing for Baltic cruises mentioned above. 3FF is already loaded up. What I see now is that IF pricing is $2489 instead of $2299 and this is good all thru IB category and IA is now $2614 where it was $2424 just an hour ago and $2324 as recent as August sometime.

What I see - using Interior category as an example - is a $380/couple fare increase over the most recent fare quotes and $580/couple over relatively recent fares (sometime in August). In return, one gets $150/couple OBC and saves the $297 in Grats/couple (assuming you booked under S&S this summer). That is a $450 benefit, but you are paying $380 or $580 more to get it (assuming booking recently). Doesn't make sense. Last year, 3FF was good for us.

So, Princess giveth on the one hand and taketh with the other. No doubt, this story will be repeated for other cruise voyages when folks get a chance to compare.

Some folks have suggested since the post above I made around midnight that pricing is still settling, etc. I would agree as I see this morning that the same cruise above where I noted the new fare was $2489... now it is down to $2269, so that is actually a good place and I am going to re-assess our situation.

Sweet! I just called in and refared under 3FF. Our fare went down (I had forgotten my $100pp Captain's Circle discount, duh) and we now have free gratuities and OBC for all five of us. This is my favorite Princess promo!

Note: 3FF doesn't show on the website yet, at least not for me, but it is under "view special offers" (printed in blue) when you do a mock booking, under the total cost. Plus you have to call Princess to refare anyway, and it is indeed coming up in their system.

Just changed our pacific coast cruise for October 2019 from sip and sail to 3 for free. I saved $600.00 plus free tips but didn’t get the free updates. She said something like i already have the high category BB. I didn’t understand her fully. I’m paying $859.00 PP. any of you understand her and can explain to me please?

Re my 2 booked cruises:

1. Booked while on Tasmania cruise & got free gratuities / $300 off air / room I wanted so maybe I'm ahead?

2. Got $175 OBC, on "upgrade list" - checking with Princess Cruise Planner to see if this is better but used FCD so if I lose that it'll be a toss up

Just changed our pacific coast cruise for October 2019 from sip and sail to 3 for free. I saved $600.00 plus free tips but didn’t get the free updates. She said something like i already have the high category BB. I didn’t understand her fully. I’m paying $859.00 PP. any of you understand her and can explain to me please?

The top level of each category is not part of the sale. Booking a BF is only upgradable to a BB.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

I've been waiting for s&s to go away for our 27 day Singapore to Rome in March, 2019 (we booked under s&s to get our favorite stateroom). For the two of us, our cost for the mini suite went down $1750 (875 each). Plus we get a total of 400 more in onboard credit and free gratuities worth 783. The 3 for free promotion put us almost 3000 ahead of the s&s!

3 for Free update -- called back and got a new TA who said that my cruises did qualify for the promo --- that's the good news. The bad news is that my TA and I have been on hold for 45 minutes waiting for Princess to answer our call.

3 for Free update -- called back and got a new TA who said that my cruises did qualify for the promo --- that's the good news. The bad news is that my TA and I have been on hold for 45 minutes waiting for Princess to answer our call.

I am surprised they have to call Princess. Most of the time they can just re-fare it on their Princess system (POLAR). There are sometimes weird circumstances where they do - mine had to when I had a price reduction after I had made final payment and paid for air, it wouldn't let her do it with out calling.