Would We Fit In?

cruisekitty22

Newbies here. Never been on Celebrity before.We are not stuffy people at all. My husband hates to dress up ever and will only wear a polo shirt to dinner and if I can convince him to wear a button down shirt, he will. If my DH could wear sweats to dinner he would. We want a fun relaxing cruise. 4-5 days max. Are the shorter cruises more informal? We are an older couple but young at heart. The less kids on a cruise the better. Looking at the Infinity. Is that a good choice?

It should be a fun cruise. Although several of the previous posters have mentioned that shorter cruises tend to have more children aboard than longer itineraries, this is true on any cruise line. Celebrity tends to attract less children than many other of the mainstream cruise lines because of the absence of water parks, slides, carousels, rock walls, cartoon characters, etc. that attract families with children. Looking at your description of yourselves you sound like a perfect fit for X.

Many do dress a bit more nicely on Chic night but others opt for a more casual look..chinos and shirt...no shorts or sweats at dinner! Infinity is an older ship but fine, esp for a short cruise.

Relax, enjoy and have fun,,.

Newbies here. Never been on Celebrity before.We are not stuffy people at all. My husband hates to dress up ever and will only wear a polo shirt to dinner and if I can convince him to wear a button down shirt, he will. If my DH could wear sweats to dinner he would. We want a fun relaxing cruise. 4-5 days max. Are the shorter cruises more informal? We are an older couple but young at heart. The less kids on a cruise the better. Looking at the Infinity. Is that a good choice?

Yes. DH can wear sweats to dinner.

Enjoy your cruise. Many do.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Hate the dress code threads, but sweats wouldn’t be appropriate according to the Celebrity dress lists, and the polo and slacks/pants are fine. Definition of ‘sweats’ include t-shirt type sweat shirts and such. Would you be stopped, nope. And do I care or would even notice......another nope.

Den

Hate the dress code threads, but sweats wouldn’t be appropriate according to the Celebrity dress lists, and the polo and slacks/pants are fine. Definition of ‘sweats’ include t-shirt type sweat shirts and such. Would you be stopped, nope. And do I care or would even notice......another nope.

Den

To OP, this post is right, BUT blue jeans and button down shirt would be ok on EVERY night of the cruise.

Even on the dress up nights, I saw men wearing polo styled shirts with jeans.

The signage on the ship stated "long sleeve shirt" which contradicts the web site which does not make such a delineation but it was not enforced.

I suspect he'd be find with a polo and jeans. The sweat pants would be a stretch!

To OP, this post is right, BUT blue jeans and button down shirt would be ok on EVERY night of the cruise.

I’ve never seen anyone turned away from the dining room wearing sweats, yoga pants, or leggings. Men or women.

Sometimes depends on the Maitre D?

.........The sweat pants would be a stretch!

I thought that was the whole point of sweat pants.....to stretch!!!! He he.

And to tell you the truth, I haven’t seen anyone wearing sweats or yoga pants to dinner so I’ve never seen them turned away or allowed in. And of course I did say I wouldn’t notice what they are wearing anyway, so I guess that’s why. But sweats and yoga pants to ‘eat out’ beyond a Wendy’s, right. I don’t even do that at home.......I step out of my yard work clothes, put my linen pants, velvet dinner jacket and ascot on and step into dinner, much as most everyone else would.

Den

Why is it sooo hard for people to make a reasonable attempt to dress decently? Shorts, by the way, are NOT permitted in the MDR. at night. He can wear jeans, but at least try to persuade him to wear a button down shirt(long or short sleeve)Just getting tired of seeing pax that look like they came from a flea market or worse. As long as you cruise outside of school breaks, you'll not see too many kids. The 4-5 day trips may have more of a "booze" cruise feel. We prefer the S-Class ships. They're fairly large, but have a lot of good amenities. What cruise lines have you done in the past? This can help us help you decide.

Yes I agree. Whats the big deal about wearing something respectable? I know its my opinion but I like to dress up on Evening Chic nights always wear a pair of dress pants and shirt and tie on the rest of the nights.

But again just me. I think you have to have some level of standard in the MDR or people would come in with a tank top, baseball cap and a swimsuit.

Sorry, OP -- I don't mean to be rude. But, didn't you ask this same question, in one of the threads you started, last month?:confused:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2669309

When one says “don’t mean to be rude...”. I will leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Celebrity and do not dress up for dinner .I wear a knit shirt and chinos or khakis.

When one says “don’t mean to be rude...”. I will leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you missed my point. If you click on the link in my post, it will take you to a thread, started by the OP, less than a month ago. In it, the exact same question was asked -- with the same predictable sort of responses. My preface of not wanting to be rude, was an acknowledgment that maybe the OP forgot about asking the same question, on the same board. But, I suppose if that were the case, she would have said something to that effect. :rolleyes: