Holland America Line Partners With Rolling Stone Magazine for Rock Room Music Venue

LauraS

Ok, Jacqui, we'll give it a try..:wine-glass:

If you're willing to give Classic Rock a chance, great, but don't wade in.....jump in with both oars.

....That means check out the youtube video for VanHalen's Hot for Teacher.

This is the video that really got the moral majority cranked up!

I am so happy to read about this! I love rock...(went to hear Van Morrison on Wednesday) and booked my first HAL cruise yesterday, the Statendam in January. Except for Sock Hops on Celebrity years ago, I rarely hear this genre on ships.

I guess raising cigarette lighters will be frowned upon.

I am so happy to read about this! I love rock...(went to hear Van Morrison on Wednesday) and booked my first HAL cruise yesterday, the Statendam in January. Except for Sock Hops on Celebrity years ago, I rarely hear this genre on ships.

I guess raising cigarette lighters will be frowned upon.

Or only when appropriate. OTOH, maybe that is why HAL is going non-smoking.

Fraternity of Man

Glad they are re configuring the space. The ocean bar was such a waste of space after 7pm on the koningsdam..(have been on the koningsdam man times)

Last time I was on I was re designing the space in my head for more revenue generation....maybe they read my comments 😁

Most people associate with the music that was current in their teen and early adult years. They carry that association through their lives. I'm 70 and really rock out to 60's Doo-Wop, 70's and early 80's music. Somehow, I can't figure out how the kids of the 90's and 00's will get that sentimental feeling over the rap music that expounds on abusing women, killing cops, and lots of F-bombs. But to each his own. The new Rolling Stone venue on the new ships really sounds interesting. I wish it would be on the Eurodam in March, 2019, but I think they would have to wait for a dry-dock to make the changes needed.

Most people associate with the music that was current in their teen and early adult years. They carry that association through their lives. I'm 70 and really rock out to 60's Doo-Wop, 70's and early 80's music. Somehow, I can't figure out how the kids of the 90's and 00's will get that sentimental feeling over the rap music that expounds on abusing women, killing cops, and lots of F-bombs. But to each his own. The new Rolling Stone venue on the new ships really sounds interesting. I wish it would be on the Eurodam in March, 2019, but I think they would have to wait for a dry-dock to make the changes needed.

I'm with you! Nothing wrong with the music of the '60's, 70's, and 80's.

And, I have the Serius XM station for the 1950's programmed on my car radio. Good music there sometimes as well.

Glad they enjoyed it. Even happier I wasn't there. I still don't understand this fascination our culture has with celebrities of any stripe. What am I missing?

I’m baffled too by the culture of celebrity worship, which is the under current (no pun intended) of the cruise.

In my humble opinion the best music was from 1965-1975 with a little bit of the early 80's.

Even if 80’s music isn’t in the plan, I think there’ll be requests for it. Hopefully they’ll have versatile performers, although in a way, 80’s was the antithesis of 70’s hard rock. Maybe it will depend on whether there’s space to dance.

Even if 80’s music isn’t in the plan, I think there’ll be requests for it. Hopefully they’ll have versatile performers, although in a way, 80’s was the antithesis of 70’s hard rock. Maybe it will depend on whether there’s space to dance.

Truly good Rock should not be danced to .

Check out the latest Holland America news from Cruise Critic:

Holland America Line Partners With Rolling Stone Magazine for Rock Room Music Venue

Re-reading the link and seeing the picture of the electric guitar to visualize this venue is helpful.

This is a "Classic Rock" specific venue, no disco, no grunge, no punk.

Live Rock and Roll does well on cruiseships. Classic Rock and Roll will do well on HAL.

Kudos to Orlando for making this happen.