Does the Spirit have a microwave in the buffet area that passengers can use?

GrandmaHofmann

Not available on any NCL ship.

... unless you have been reading the other thread about microwaving thousands of TV dinners and serving them in the MDRs...

I was thinking the same thing. They probably had to collect them from all the guest staterooms for dinner service.

In all of my cruises, there has never been a time when I needed a microwave. Ever.

There is an abundance of food and drink at any given time. No need to stock up for "later".

Unless, you are thinking heating up baby formula or something like that. In that case, you should contact special needs department.

Many ships have popcorn available somewhere. Usually in one of the bars.

Yep, I recall O'Sheehan's on the Gem having it a few years ago. It was removed. I witnessed people go behind the bar and help themselves. Probably why it's gone.

Can you imagine the inside of said microwave if they did have one? Nasty...uncleanable...

Ehh.. its not that hard to clean a microwave.

That said, I doubt it would ever be acceptable to USPH. I suspect if passengers had access to it and it was in a shared area, they'd probably want it completely cleaned between each and every use to avoid any cross contamination. Also everything would probably have to be heated to over 140 F to be outside the danger zone.

There are no microwaves for passenger use.

I don't know why people think they get so dirty if they are wiped out after use....my microwave was 26 years old, and looked like new...the button to open the door broke, so it was replaced. I've never understood dirty microwaves!

I don't know why people think they get so dirty if they are wiped out after use....my microwave was 26 years old, and looked like new...the button to open the door broke, so it was replaced. I've never understood dirty microwaves!

Agree on home use microwaves,....we are talking about a different animal here...

Is there a microwave in the break room at your workplace? Has it been cleaned since it was purchased? Probably looking pretty nasty by now I bet.

It is easy to clean, the problem is most don't get cleaned. And the USPH is pretty strict, so I suspect they would require very frequent cleanings, if not cleaning between each use, of any microwave that passengers could use at their leisure.

In all of my cruises, there has never been a time when I needed a microwave. Ever.

There is an abundance of food and drink at any given time. No need to stock up for "later".

Unless, you are thinking heating up baby formula or something like that. In that case, you should contact special needs department.

Actually, nobody asked you if you could think of a reason why anyone would need a microwave. Typical snarky comment from this group. Some people have medical needs you may not be aware of.

A microwave comes in pretty handy if you travel with an infant. On the chance that you want to warm baby bottles (or maybe other liquids) they do sell little appliances that do that. Google Philips-Avent Fast Bottle Warmer. Don't know if you might be able to use one of those for whatever you need it for.

A microwave comes in pretty handy if you travel with an infant. On the chance that you want to warm baby bottles (or maybe other liquids) they do sell little appliances that do that. Google Philips-Avent Fast Bottle Warmer. Don't know if you might be able to use one of those for whatever you need it for.

it is unlikely you would be able to use anything like that in your cabin or anywhere else as a matter of fact. :(