Cost to use adults only serenity areas?

mlbcruiser

1 hour ago, deadmoney said:

A few cruises ago one of our towels went missing from the pool area.

Mentioned it to my room Stewart and he gave us a new one.

No problem, no charge.

Guess things have changed.

I don't think a cabin steward can replace a Serenity towel.  Blue pool/beach towels sure, but they probably don't have access to the yellow towel supply.

Serenity is free to use.  If they were to charge, I just wouldn't go.  

Princess has a free adult area as well as a for fee adult area if I remember correctly.  They also had for fee spots in the free adult area that were covered with 2 loungers.  We never went to either area on our one cruise, as the free one was always full - there were 4 of us, and the only loungers available were just the one here & there.  

1 hour ago, coevan said:

I would definitely pay for a guaranteed chair. We are not early risers or chair hogs. After a late breakfast around 11, the Serenity is packed. 

Come find us. We are usually done around noon when it starts getting packed. 

And speaking of towels, when you go up early there are plenty of towels around to use if you need one. :classic_biggrin:

23 hours ago, Moviela said:

I found there is a cost to use the hot tub. I was relaxing and someone stole my towel. Carnival charged me $22.50 for it, and guest services took the attitude that I should look after the towel.

I have had my towel swiped before. I just walked around the pool and took a towel that had been out all day with nobody ever sitting next to it.

I think that's why they put all those towels out there every morning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, d12j28 said:

Come find us. We are usually done around noon when it starts getting packed. 

And speaking of towels, when you go up early there are plenty of towels around to use if you need one. :classic_biggrin:

Come find you and what? Are you going to go out at 6am and hold us chairs every day? However, that would be a chair hog, that's why we would gladly pay extra. I would also pay extra for more television channels. 

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

Come find you and what? Are you going to go out at 6am and hold us chairs every day? However, that would be a chair hog, that's why we would gladly pay extra. I would also pay extra for more television channels. 

Go sail NCL then where they charge a hefty fee for the week to use Serenity (Vibe). 

Or you could sail Royal which has the big solariums at no charge. 

Point is, if this is so important to you, then there are options that would fit you better. 

Tan for Havana. Blue for regular. And I don't know the color for Serenity. 

Recently on Horizon, my friend's blue towel got snagged off a chair by the water slides. Her DDs were on the slides and she and I sat near the bottom to watch them and when we went back one DD's towel was gone. I should ask her what happened...if they had to pay?

11 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

Tan for Havana. Blue for regular. And I don't know the color for Serenity. 

Recently on Horizon, my friend's blue towel got snagged off a chair by the water slides. Her DDs were on the slides and she and I sat near the bottom to watch them and when we went back one DD's towel was gone. I should ask her what happened...if they had to pay?

So these are the names of different pools?  What do you mean "regular".  Sorry we've never cruised before.

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

Go sail NCL then where they charge a hefty fee for the week to use Serenity (Vibe). 

Or you could sail Royal which has the big solariums at no charge. 

Point is, if this is so important to you, then there are options that would fit you better. 

How about enforce the chair hog rule and plenty of chairs would be available. I have sailed NCL and prefer Carnival. We love the Serenity area.

51 minutes ago, Crazy4Camping said:

So these are the names of different pools?  What do you mean "regular".  Sorry we've never cruised before.

Well Havana pool is not a pool everyone can use, just folks who book the havana section (and after 7pm anyone can use). We, last week when we were in havana cabin, had tan towels in our room and on havana pool deck towel station.

The main pools have blue and all non-havana cabins have blue. I am not sure if spa cabins have different but they probably do. I didn't realize Serenity pool area had different but maybe they do since not everyone can use that area either (no kids).

Edited by laumicmah

On 10/21/2018 at 2:35 PM, Moviela said:

I would find it reasonable to charge for a towel taken off the ship for a day at the beach and is lost, or if I took the towel home with me. Never would I expect to pay for one that went missing aboard. Just because I did not hawkeye the towel at all times does not make me responsible for the theft. If that is Carnivals position, they should provide lockers in the Serenity area for my towel, watch, and mezuzah.

I know a bit about towels. I work at a resort with 3,000 hotel rooms. The towels come from just a few vendors and in 100,000 quantity are $3.00 each. A used towel is worth half, so charging a passenger $22.50 is outrageous on the face. 

You are assuming people always tell the truth.

The towel retails for 22.50. That's what needs to be paid.

Carnival is not responsible for anyone's lost/stolen items. You are responsible for your own things..

Lets be real. nobody is constantly watching their possessions like a hawk every single second they are in the pool/hottub. Having a towel stolen could happen to anyone.

Yeah I'd be unhappy too about being charged for something that isn't my fault. 

2 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

Lets be real. nobody is constantly watching their possessions like a hawk every single second they are in the pool/hottub. Having a towel stolen could happen to anyone.

Yeah I'd be unhappy too about being charged for something that isn't my fault. 

If they didn’t charge you then everyone who lost a towel could say “it was stolen off my chair.” People would be taking towels home and claiming they were stolen off the chair when they were in the hot tub.

10 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Wish the serenity deck would be quiet and they would get rid of canned music

I agree with you. Later in the evening the BGM should duck 6 db so it is just audible, but does not interfere with a quiet conversation. 

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If they didn’t charge you then everyone who lost a towel could say “it was stolen off my chair.” People would be taking towels home and claiming they were stolen off the chair when they were in the hot tub.

Yes, that could happen and probably does, so what? I doubt it happens that much that it's that big a deal. Give the customer the benefit of the doubt is the rule of thumb for customer service.

12 hours ago, coevan said:

So I offer you our chairs because we are done with them about the time you like to go out and you call me a chair hog? What does it matter what time I go get chairs? If we are using them that is not being a chair hog. 

You go ahead and pay extra for stupid things like loungers and TV. I won't be. 

11 hours ago, laumicmah said:

Well Havana pool is not a pool everyone can use, just folks who book the havana section (and after 7pm anyone can use). We, last week when we were in havana cabin, had tan towels in our room and on havana pool deck towel station.

The main pools have blue and all non-havana cabins have blue. I am not sure if spa cabins have different but they probably do. I didn't realize Serenity pool area had different but maybe they do since not everyone can use that area either (no kids).

Spa rooms and the Serenity deck have yellow towels.  

17 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Wish the serenity deck would be quiet and they would get rid of canned music

The last day of our cruise was a sea day and decided to spend part of it on the serenity deck.  We layed down in 2 of the last 4 recliners.  Not long after a couple came a long and took up residency in the last two recliners that were next to us.  They started to talk and talk and talk.  They never did shut up.  They were planning what to do when they got off the ship.  I wanted to say “this is a serenity area not visiting time”, but I didn’t.  We finally left.  People should use common sense.

I had always viewed Serenity as a place away from children, not a library where you're not allowed to talk with your friends/spouse/significant other.  One thing that is nice is the clamshell - it muffles the noise.  Nice place to nap.