Is it only me

bogofman

Good strategy is to book something you like and check prices regularly up to final payment date.   If the prices drop just call your TA or Celebrity and they will adjust your price.   Prices vary and change on a regular basis depending on how well the ship is selling in the class you are booking in.    I use the fishy site and set up alerts for the cruises I'm watching.    They also have a neat feature where you can search on price per night.

I’ve booked two early Edge cruises, then looked at the Med and a TransAtlantic with the Edge. After looking a pricing, going on Silly:

Silhouette: Oct 24 2019 15N. Balcony: $1699 (this was only deck 6 SRs). Went with CC for $1999 Deck 8

Edge: Nov 01 2019 14N. Balcony: $4,449. 

So the two of us are going TA from UK on the Silly for the price of one on Edge out of Rome. 

Edge itinerary is Rome, Florence, Toulon, Palma, Canary Is, FLL. Nice. Silly goes to Boston, NYC (overnight), Bermuda (overnight), Nassau, FLL. Nicer......for us. 

Den

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good strategy is to book something you like and check prices regularly up to final payment date.   If the prices drop just call your TA or Celebrity and they will adjust your price.   Prices vary and change on a regular basis depending on how well the ship is selling in the class you are booking in.    I use the fishy site and set up alerts for the cruises I'm watching.    They also have a neat feature where you can search on price per night.

I thought that "fishy" site was no longer working. :classic_unsure:

10 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Well you’re a bit late to the party. They’ve been on sale for almost a year. Not that they were reasonable to begin with, but they have gone up. Reflection is in the Med starting in September. 

Correct, we’ve saying this since they were released: prices were way overboard :classic_biggrin:. So yes, BOGOFman, looked and booked those alternatives 😉. Reflection in the peak summer season in Europe - been there, done that, never again 🙈!

Edited by villauk

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Edge prices are insane.  Period.  I will wait until all the hype dies down and prices return to reason.  If they don't, no big loss.  There are other options.

That's exactly my view so no cruises this year or likely next unless sensible prices return. Land based holidays aint so bad!

I am having trouble with the signatures with this new website, specifically the countdown clocks. 

I have one I just completed, one I cancelled & one I just booked on the recent cruise. 

I like the countdown clocks because they give me idea when final payment is, when to do express pass, when to make plane reservations, etc..  I usually delete the clock as soon as I complete that cruise. 

Any suggestions on adding and deleting a clock would be appreciated? 

The edge prices are stupid high and it seems to be spreading to the other ships. So for now I'm putting the brakes on booking new cruises.  I have one booked for next year on the Reflection and that was booked over a year ago.  The indentical cruise for 2020 is over $500pp more.  That's nearly a 30% increase in cost in a year.  And it's not just Celebrity,  NCLs prices have also gone completely insane.

We booked in early April for our 25th anniversary and booked for 11 nights plus 3 nights in Rome plus all flights and transfers. We chose an IV cabin. We checked the prices mid August and the exact same package had gone up by over £2,000. Not sure what that is in dollars, but a lot ! Glad we booked early as there is no way we would have paid the price it is now.

Ask TAs if they have a block on rooms for these cruises. We are about to accept an Edge C3 room on the Sept 30 for $7360 ttl for 2. We get the 2 perks, $100 dining credit and $100 OBC. If we booked it with Celebrity, it’s over $11000. Good luck to all. 

4 hours ago, benemac said:

Ask TAs if they have a block on rooms for these cruises. We are about to accept an Edge C3 room on the Sept 30 for $7360 ttl for 2. We get the 2 perks, $100 dining credit and $100 OBC. If we booked it with Celebrity, it’s over $11000. Good luck to all. 

Wow!!!  Still way too expensive for me to book a C3 balcony for 11 days on any ship for any destination

If you have some flexibility, we've found by far the best deals by waiting until after final payment. Booked a Equinox med cruise for August a few years ago in June for less than $100pp per night including perks. One way to do it is target multiple cruises in the same window and get vacation days for that time stretch (if you are working full-time, as we are) and then choose the one with the biggest post-final payment price drop. This is of course much easier if you live near a major airport, as we do. We've found booking flights to Europe a couple of months out was no different from booking 6+ months prior if we were willing to accept a 2-3 hour layover in a major European hub rather than a nonstop.

Edited by Philomath
  • Like 1