Upsell

lbfluffy

28 minutes ago, Badgeaz said:

I leave in 6 weeks but nothing yet from princess 

I received an upsell about 5 weeks before our cruise. it was a dud. I got a call from Princess today regarding a move down offer which we took (2 days before we sail). Last winter, I received a move over offer less than a week before our cruise. If the category is oversold, they will make offers.

3 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

I just got the call. We were offered an upsell from.ocean view to balcony for $99 per person on our upcoming 10 day cruise. I took it. Aloha deck 610. I’m very happy.

That’s great....lucky you! 😁

Wherever you’re cruising have a great trip. 

We were offered an upsell but have no idea what it was. We were camping for a week and on the second day we were gone our TA left us a voice mail regarding the offer. By the time we got home (5 days after he called) I figured it was pointless to even inquire. Good thing we are happy with the cabin we have. I've had 2 complimentary upgrades and accepted a couple of upsells in the past. I also turned down an upsell from an aft corner balcony (C752) to a mini for not a lot of cash. We wanted the cabin we had booked.  (Now if we could just get a juicy move over offer that would be great! :classic_biggrin:)

16 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s great....lucky you! 😁

Wherever you’re cruising have a great trip. 

We are going to Mexico for 10 days. Now I’ll see if my husband will do the balcony dinner. It’s either that or try for the chefs table 

1 hour ago, lbfluffy said:

We are going to Mexico for 10 days. Now I’ll see if my husband will do the balcony dinner. It’s either that or try for the chefs table 

Both are enjoyable...we attended the CT five times when it was $75/pp but we now enjoy the $100/couple UBD whenever we have a balcony. 

We have accepted upsells from mini's to full suites the past 3 years for longer cruises (15 - 20 days) - the price not too bad and is always way cheaper than the full suite would go for without the upsell.  I have learned to leave my e-mail open or at least check it often

We have gotten tired of the chefs table - too much food and just so so wines.  That being said Oscar on the Pacific Transatlantic last year hosted a Super Tuscan lunch - better  portion control,  excellent food and outstanding wines - it was well worth the price