Poor rccl customer service

Pigsaudit

I am coming up on the anniversary of my family cruise from hell.  Beware if anyone is sailing in january on Anthem.  Long story short is that I was blamed for the others on board behavior (drug use, assaults and various animal behavior) Beware of RCCL, they did not care about my issues.  I cruised with rccl 5 times prior to this sailing and will never consider them in the future.  RCCL cares only about taking your money.

25 minutes ago, Pigsaudit said:

I am coming up on the anniversary of my family cruise from hell.  Beware if anyone is sailing in january on Anthem.  Long story short is that I was blamed for the others on board behavior (drug use, assaults and various animal behavior) Beware of RCCL, they did not care about my issues.  I cruised with rccl 5 times prior to this sailing and will never consider them in the future.  RCCL cares only about taking your money.

Only January?

What about February to December?

🤔

• Haha 1

Love the sarcasm from everyone.  Just advising everyone how I was treated post cruise by this company.  I traveled with children ( 3 and 6)  With that being said, my children were exposed to marijuana smoke daily, fights, rude behavior throughout the ship and language that children should be hearing.  When these issues were brought to the attention of security,  nothing was done.   Enjoy your vacations.  

So you were blamed for smoking dope, fighting, rude behavior and language? 

" Long story short is that I was blamed for the others on board behavior (drug use, assaults and various animal behavior)"

Because that's what jumped out at me.  (Well, that and that you only had 11 posts)  I thought you had been arrested instead of the person responsible.  It wasn't until I clicked through your profile to your other 11 posts that I learned the actual facts.  You might consider including a link next time. 

• Like 1

Perhaps you should explain your situation to avoid the sarcasm.  Coming on MONTHS later and posting a snarky thread with no details doesn't really serve any purpose.  I did a search and read a few posts on your roll call.  Sounds like a large group made your cruise lousy.  Did Royal do anything for those of you that complained?  Sorry this happened but a vague negative post is not going to generate sympathy and understanding.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pigsaudit said:

Love the sarcasm from everyone.  Just advising everyone how I was treated post cruise by this company.  I traveled with children ( 3 and 6)  With that being said, my children were exposed to marijuana smoke daily, fights, rude behavior throughout the ship and language that children should be hearing.  When these issues were brought to the attention of security,  nothing was done.   Enjoy your vacations.  

Better not travel to Canada.

• Haha 1

We were on this January 2018 Anthem cruise and it was truly horrible. The ship's staff was completely overwhelmed with misbehaving kids and rude parents. It started during the muster check when they ignored requests to wait for the captain's dismissal. They demanded seating at MTD and got seated ahead of folks with reservertains. Special menu request delayed dining room service for everyone. It got worse from there. At the Miami port stop extra security staff was brought on board. No compensation of any kind was offered to us victims.

I would truly like to avoid this kind of discomfort in the future but I don't know how. The cruise departed on Friday (not Saturday) and returned 9 days later on Sunday. It had the kids sail free promotion. Last week of January from Cape Liberty NJ. What other clues should we watch for?

17 minutes ago, BillHana said:

We were on this January 2018 Anthem cruise and it was truly horrible. The ship's staff was completely overwhelmed with misbehaving kids and rude parents. It started during the muster check when they ignored requests to wait for the captain's dismissal. They demanded seating at MTD and got seated ahead of folks with reservertains. Special menu request delayed dining room service for everyone. It got worse from there. At the Miami port stop extra security staff was brought on board. No compensation of any kind was offered to us victims.

I would truly like to avoid this kind of discomfort in the future but I don't know how. The cruise departed on Friday (not Saturday) and returned 9 days later on Sunday. It had the kids sail free promotion. Last week of January from Cape Liberty NJ. What other clues should we watch for?

I searched on Yeshiva Week both on Cruise Critic and on Google.  I was able to find a time frame of when schools in the NY/NJ area have off and also a travel agency that runs these cruises.  Looks like Allure 1/13/19 and 1/20/19 are cruises that this group will be on.

There is also this thread with lots of information:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2570139-yeshiva-week-2019/

Edited by reallyitsmema

Wait, wait, wait...Yeshiva week...those folks were doing drugs, using bad language in front of kids and needed extra security???? I must be missing something. I get how the MDR timing may have gotten screwed up and how there may have been a lot of kids (with it being a school holiday). Animal behavior though? 

Lots of kids was not the problem. Kids with little supervision and a total disrespect for any rules was a disaster. The adults only  solarium rule was constantly tested. Kids were running around uncontrolled in the MDR and other areas of the ship. The sign saying the diamond lounge was private did not stop them.