Is it just me..........

Jeffrey1950

I find the small font on a glaring white background quite difficult. Don't know why they changed the layout.  The search function isn't as 'friendly' as it was before.

I would also agree that some of the sites seem quieter than usual, not sure why - a silent protest?

I suppose I'll get used to it eventually, but why did they have to change it in the first place.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

It’s no just you, it wasn’t broke and they fixed it. They did not need to. Only confusion has been achieved. :classic_huh:

In fairness that haven't really explained why they migrated. IME a lot of forums have moved away from vBulletin (the old software) for what I understand are reasons of poor security in that platform. Unfortunately they've moved to a platform with unfamiliar features and poorly-thought out user flow, but don't confuse that with thinking that the move away from vBulletin was unnecessary.

Judging by the number of threads started it's definitely not just you.

Personally I mostly visit the boards on my phone and previously had to use 2 different apps and the website via browser to be able to do everything I needed.

So although this takes a bit of getting used to, I'm generally finding it easier to use.

There is lots of advice on the Help board if you need it.

Need Help ? Ask here

• Like 2

Count me in as one who prefers the new site, although I do need to qualify that statement. Yes, it does take a lot of getting used to, there are still plenty of glitches that are yet to be resolved, and I understand why no app support is a big deal for many. But I am primarily a desktop user and what really sold me is how much easier it is now to add photos and images to a post from within the browser interface. That feature is worth the price of admission for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hihilo said:

Interesting that the ONLY one to like the new format is the paid host, Host Hattie.  That says a lot.   I'M with the majority!   Don't Like It !

Sorry, but while I'm not happy with the new format I don't think that she:

1. is the only one to like the new format (I wouldn't put Underwatr in that category).

2. I am quite sure Host Hattie is a volunteer as are all the hosts.

Roy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hihilo said:

Interesting that the ONLY one to like the new format is the paid host, Host Hattie.  That says a lot.   I'M with the majority!   Don't Like It !

I wish .... Hosting is a voluntary position. In my case done alongside a full time job .....

• Like 1

The site is now much better, has a more modern look and feel and has more features.

In my professional capacity I always see these types of reactions to change; One of the areas I work in is the design of Graphical User Interfaces used for industrial control systems. It's the graphics that are presented to people that operate (monitor and control, react and handle alarm conditions etc) process plants in industries such as water, power, road transportation etc. 

As new software is introduced, more advanced and flexible features are made available to the process/plant operators. However, they will always (well, almost always) complain about a new system and will tell you that the old one was way better than the new one (okay, that is subjective) and could do more than the new system (which is not subjective, it's wrong, because, for example, certain feature were not in the old software, but they will claim that it was (which it was not)).

So one of the things we have to do is manage change by introducing changes slowly and allow those that will operate a new system to see what they are going to get before they get it, so they get a feel for it whilst the software is still in development.   

In a nutshell; people do not like change. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hihilo said:

Tunnel vision. 

Like many others, I like the new website.

I had given up on the mobile app. With the new mobile friendly version I find myself using my mobile more frequently.

• Like 3

I don't hate the new board (or even dislike it as much as I did).

I have noticed that the Activity Stream method of visiting forum areas (like Cunard) hides the sticky posts that would appear at the top of the forum if you navigated to Cunard from the top forum menu. I'll see them when they're new but since I don't drill down from the top anymore they're not starting me in the face every time I visit.

@Host Hattie, I'm afraid this means that if there are CC-wide stickies I won't see them if I filter Activity Streams by Cunard.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Like many others, I like the new website.

I had given up on the mobile app. With the new mobile friendly version I find myself using my mobile more frequently.

Ditto.... I also don't mine the new format either. Neither the formatting or font size. It was easy to adjust to after the first day. Every upgrade has it's Pro & Cons and Likes & Dislikes. 

I do miss the Mobile App for Android on my smartphone. During appointments and free time, it was interesting to occupy the time seeing what's new on the boards. 

7 hours ago, ToadOfToadHall said:

The site is now much better, has a more modern look and feel and has more features.

In my professional capacity I always see these types of reactions to change; One of the areas I work in is the design of Graphical User Interfaces used for industrial control systems. It's the graphics that are presented to people that operate (monitor and control, react and handle alarm conditions etc) process plants in industries such as water, power, road transportation etc. 

As new software is introduced, more advanced and flexible features are made available to the process/plant operators. However, they will always (well, almost always) complain about a new system and will tell you that the old one was way better than the new one (okay, that is subjective) and could do more than the new system (which is not subjective, it's wrong, because, for example, certain feature were not in the old software, but they will claim that it was (which it was not)).

So one of the things we have to do is manage change by introducing changes slowly and allow those that will operate a new system to see what they are going to get before they get it, so they get a feel for it whilst the software is still in development.   

In a nutshell; people do not like change. 

And for some of us the problem is much simpler and more intractable; visually the new website is very taxing on the eyesight of many users. I, for one, am voting with my feet and using cruise critic much less than previously. Nothing to do with my psychological resistance to change at all.