New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

10 minutes ago, joand452 said:

We're sailing on Anthem in April, and The Key is being sold.  Since it's just the two of us, we may consider it, since it's on sale at $19.99/person/day.  We thought about it and decided to just get the Voom Surf and Stream for two devices instead.  We used our $100 OBC, so paid less than $40 for it.

If we knew exactly what was going to be offered as far as extras (e.g., "private hours") on Anthem, we might have considered it.  I guess if the price comes down considerably before April, we can cancel the Voom package and purchase The Key instead.

That is if all the available spaces aren't taken up before then, there is a limit.

We are two couples going on Adventure in July. Price is showing as $19.95 per person per day today. Already booked deluxe drink packages with voom surf and stream for one and a deluxe drink package during black Friday deals. Applied $100 onboard credit to this. Also booked BOGO for the dinners first 2 nights. Not going to do the key as it makes no sense for us. Eating dinner in chops already. Waiting to board is no big deal as there are plenty of seats in the waiting area. Rushing to get off ship is not our thing anyway. We are planning on touring on our own and renting a car in Canada. Just another way to make or should I say take money in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, kurukthemal said:

We are on Mariner for four days in February. There will be three teenagers and was already planning to get Voom which is $16. So, I went for the Key which is $3 more and perhaps worth the extras. We will see. Happy sailing!

sounds like a no brainer, win, win.

2 hours ago, kurukthemal said:

We are on Mariner for four days in February. There will be three teenagers and was already planning to get Voom which is $16. So, I went for the Key which is $3 more and perhaps worth the extras. We will see. Happy sailing!

If you buy the 4 device package it should be no more than $45 a day. 

1 hour ago, JezzaC said:

The Key seems now more appealing when price has been dropped to 19,99 instead of 24,99 - it now also allows priority boarding and shows doesn't have to be pre-booked. Purchased The Key for Oasis TA on April 2019.

How do you get priority boarding if you don't prebook?

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You just walk in and go to the designated line that says "The Key".

Kind of like when you see signs for Suites and Pinnacle  Lines when boarding the ship when checking in. From what I understand now to you will be able to go directly to your cabin with your carryons and drop them off. Meaning they will make sure those that purchase the Key will have their cabins cleaned and turned around first before all other cabins are ready.

Edited by Jimbo

RCCL is currently offering a 20% discount ($19.99/day per person) for the "Key"  package for our upcoming May 2019, 15 Day Brilliance of the Seas TA to Amsterdam.  That being said, the cost for the wife and I would be almost $600.00.  Definitely not worth the price, especially on a ship that small, with limited amenities.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Kind of like when you see signs for Suites and Pinnacle  Lines when boarding the ship when checking in. From what I understand now to you will be able to go directly to your cabin with your carryons and drop them off. Meaning they will make sure those that purchase the Key will have their cabins cleaned and turned around first before all other cabins are ready.

Wouldn't you have had to prebook the key in order to use the designated area? Are they going to let you have priority boarding only with your assurance that you will purchase the key once you get on board the ship? That would be a bit like letting you pay for your cruise when it is over.

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess I misunderstood you, yes you would have to go on your cruise planner and buy it before your cruise, it may or may not be offered? All the spots could have been already bought up. They only sell so many slots.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't believe Key participants will have early  access to their cabins. They will have a drop off area to leave carry on luggage until the cabins are open.

M

For those that purchase The Key, staterooms won't be ready when you board, and early access to cabins is not included,  but there is a designated drop off location for carry-on bags.

• Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off located in main theater onboard and available until 1:30pm. Up to 2 carry-on bags per guest. 

Edited by rockmom

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Don't believe Key participants will have early  access to their cabins. They will have a drop off area to leave carry on luggage until the cabins are open.

M

Read on here somewhere cabins were open to Key participants, might be only in some cases on certain ships. Time will tell for sure how many additional features they add or subtract from the program.

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Read on here somewhere cabins were open to Key participants, might be only in some cases on certain ships. Time will tell for sure how many additional features they add or subtract from the program.

Carry on bag drop off, and RCCL will deliver it to the cabin.    Key is only on a few ships and Key participants do not have early access to the cabins. I don't believe it was ever offered as a benefit.   I can't imagine RCCL wanting more passengers in the hallways before cabins open.   

Carry on drop off is NOT a benefit for me as I have my valuables ( Money, jewelry, camera, meds) in my carry-on bag and would never leave it with anyone. It really isn't very heavy, so no big deal to carry it around for an hour or so.   Many arrive after cabins open anyway so the benefit might not even be attractive to a Key Passenger.   I guess they had to offer something for the fee.

m

On 12/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, Cruisesfun65 said:

• Early access to stateroom. To gain early entrance to your stateroom, you must go to your stateroom deck and present one of the following: SeaPass Card, confirmation of purchase, or Set Sail Pass. Early access to stateroom starts at 12:00PM.

The above from post #270 referenced at least one ship that offered early access to room. It is not currently offered on my sailing of Radiance

Edited by norway olin
dopey spelling

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Carry on bag drop off, and RCCL will deliver it to the cabin.    Key is only on a few ships and Key participants do not have early access to the cabins. I don't believe it was ever offered as a benefit.   I can't imagine RCCL wanting more passengers in the hallways before cabins open.   

Carry on drop off is NOT a benefit for me as I have my valuables ( Money, jewelry, camera, meds) in my carry-on bag and would never leave it with anyone. It really isn't very heavy, so no big deal to carry it around for an hour or so.   Many arrive after cabins open anyway so the benefit might not even be attractive to a Key Passenger.   I guess they had to offer something for the fee.

m

Even the drop off  of one bag would be good, we usually have a couple cases of soda in at least one of the carry-onbags, not having to lug that around for 2 hours is great!

16 hours ago, rockmom said:

For those that purchase The Key, staterooms won't be ready when you board, and early access to cabins is not included,  but there is a designated drop off location for carry-on bags.

• Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off located in main theater onboard and available until 1:30pm. Up to 2 carry-on bags per guest. 

For my sailing on the Harmony, we DO get early access.

I am reposting my confirmation details:

Summary of your benefits: 
• Priority check-in and boarding. Upon your arrival at the terminal, follow The Key check-in signage to your designated waiting area. 
• Early access to stateroom. To gain early entrance to your stateroom, you must go to your stateroom deck and present one of the following: SeaPass Card, confirmation of purchase, or Set Sail Pass. Early access to stateroom starts at 12:00PM. 
• Exclusive embarkation lunch at Chops Grille® - seating from 11:30am – 1:30pm. 
• Private hours at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more. The private hours schedule will be provided at check-in. 
• Priority port of call debarkation. 
• Reserved priority seating at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater and Studio B. No reservations required pre-cruise or onboard. 
• VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet. 
• Choice debarkation with exclusive A La Carte breakfast from 6:30 am – 9:00 am.

Apparently the early access to cabins is only available for certain ships/sailings.

Friends of ours sailing the week of April 27th '19 have a lower price for The Key ($19.99) but their benefits don't include the 12 o'clock cabin access, but dropping their carry-ons at the theater.

Guess we lucked out on the Harmony!