New Miami Terminal

ramja96

We had a very easy time getting off Symphony on Tuesday.  Our flight was 1 pm from FLL.  We chose a later departure - 8:30 because we knew we had plenty of time.  We scanned our seapass cards a little before 8:30.  Found our luggage, went through customs and got Uber when we exited the terminal.  We were in the car at 8:45.  We did hit a bit of traffic, but we were at the airport at 9:30.  

6 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The new Royal Caribbean Terminal in Miami is a beautiful facility located in a dump-hole location - likely RCI chose that specific position based on either cheap land and/or tax incentives. Those would be the only 2 excuses for justifying putting it in a place that is both logistically challenging and downright unattractive. We'll see how passengers flock to the new place after the "newness" of maybe a year or so wears off.

No one flocks based on sailing out a new terminal. Can't see why anyone would claim that.

That space was planned for a Terminal A,,,, RCI just happens to have chosen it for their new terminal. It's a great location,,, first in line for cruise ships,,, highly visible,,, puts RCI right in front for anyone sailing into the cruise ship terminal. The terminal is only logistically challenge right now because the roads leading to the terminal are not complete yet. 

1 hour ago, teo403 said:

We had a very easy time getting off Symphony on Tuesday.  Our flight was 1 pm from FLL.  We chose a later departure - 8:30 because we knew we had plenty of time.  We scanned our seapass cards a little before 8:30.  Found our luggage, went through customs and got Uber when we exited the terminal.  We were in the car at 8:45.  We did hit a bit of traffic, but we were at the airport at 9:30.  

Was there a designated area for Uber pick ups?  If so where...

thanks!

If we want to park in Terminal A parking garage, should my husband drop me off with the luggage or should we go directly into the garage.  It seems from what I have read there are porters right in the garage,

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

Why, the new terminal is awesome!  Yes, they are still working on the roads to get in there.  But other than that, it was a totally seamless process.  We absolutely LOVE Terminal A.  They did a fantastic job!

What!? I never said or implied anything negative about the new Miami terminal. My post you quoted was to CRUISEFN0001. I was sarcastically questing their last sentence of their post. Reread posts #41 and #42.

Edited by davekathy

The same thing applies for travel destinations, venues, and facilities - location, location, location.

Putting a gem new terminal in the midst of a large industrial site peninsula with cryptic path transportation to get there won't win long-term awards for popularity.

Of course that's  your opinion or WAG.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I don't choose my cruise based on which terminal it berths at.  

Which port city, yes, but not the terminal itself.  I'm all about which ship and which itinerary and which price (including flight prices).... the terminal building itself is a few minutes out of a weeklong vacation -- not even a blip on my own personal radar.

Agree.

The same thing applies for travel destinations, venues, and facilities - location, location, location.

Putting a gem new terminal in the midst of a large industrial site peninsula with cryptic path transportation to get there won't win long-term awards for popularity.

It’s a port.  You get a nice hotel on the beach, take a cab to the port and enter the terminal.  It’s not like you are staying at the port for an extended stay.  The drive into the port at FLL is not the greatest of scenery either yet it somehow seems to have survived.

7 hours ago, Artful said:

If we want to park in Terminal A parking garage, should my husband drop me off with the luggage or should we go directly into the garage.  It seems from what I have read there are porters right in the garage,

My husband dropped me off with our luggage and then he went up to the garage and packed. 

8 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Was there a designated area for Uber pick ups?  If so where...

thanks!

When we left the terminal we went to the right.  I think the signs said something like private drivers or something like that.  We had the Uber pick us up at Zone 8.  It wasn't a far walk and was just to the right of the exit.

2 hours ago, teo403 said:

When we left the terminal we went to the right.  I think the signs said something like private drivers or something like that.  We had the Uber pick us up at Zone 8.  It wasn't a far walk and was just to the right of the exit.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s a port.  You get a nice hotel on the beach, take a cab to the port and enter the terminal.  It’s not like you are staying at the port for an extended stay.  The drive into the port at FLL is not the greatest of scenery either yet it somehow seems to have survived.

Between the horribly ugly location of the new FLAGSHIP terminal, as well as the problem-infested drive to it...making excuses for it or even beginning to claim it's OK is overly-apologetic at best. FLL bears nominal resemblance. 

Reminds me of the metaphors to put KMart tires on a Rolls Royce - even a Rolls won't make them better...then there's the one about lipstick on a pig.

Another classic case of you get what you pay for...and in this case...the land location for the new Miami terminal probably included incentives to nearly give away the land.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

58 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Between the horribly ugly location of the new FLAGSHIP terminal, as well as the problem-infested drive to it...making excuses for it or even beginning to claim it's OK is overly-apologetic at best. FLL bears nominal resemblance. 

Reminds me of the metaphors to put KMart tires on a Rolls Royce - even a Rolls won't make them better...then there's the one about lipstick on a pig.

Another classic case of you get what you pay for...and in this case...the land location for the new Miami terminal probably included incentives to nearly give away the land.

You seem to be one of a very few who is actually bothered by the 10 minutes you will actually see the port, but hey feel free to boycott Royals ships there in protest if you feel that strongly about it. 

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You seem to be one of a very few who is actually bothered by the 10 minutes you will actually see the port, but hey feel free to boycott Royals ships there in protest if you feel that strongly about it. 

Oh contrare....plenty of folks posting on the web bout the "eyesore neighborhood" for this Terminal...as well as here...

The issue is the sum of the parts my friend...sum of the parts...

Rest assured there will be plenty of folks avoiding the FLAGSHIP Terminal like the plague based on its location...

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

So requiring only the same as a sewerage barge...hmmmmm...some folks might have a bit higher standards for a cruise vacation experience...

That's a rather exaggerated example - my point was that the ultimate goal is to board the ship.

42 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Oh contrare....plenty of folks posting on the web bout the "eyesore neighborhood" for this Terminal...as well as here...

The issue is the sum of the parts my friend...sum of the parts...

Rest assured there will be plenty of folks avoiding the FLAGSHIP Terminal like the plague based on its location...

It's right next to all the other cruise terminals in Miami....

47 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

So requiring only the same as a sewerage barge...hmmmmm...some folks might have a bit higher standards for a cruise vacation experience...

I'm curious where they could have built the new terminal to meet your standards. In any event, it's a done deal now. The views of Miami from the ship are rather impressive.

pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I'm curious where they could have built the new terminal to meet your standards. In any event, it's a done deal now. The views of Miami from the ship are rather impressive.

Gee... I wonder what the view looks like to the left of those photos and from any port side balcony...quite a different experience... impressive indeed... 😏

800px_COLOURBOX11684141.jpg