Shopping for Orange

Vict0riann

This is cruise-related, I promise!

We had an email from HAL a few days ago:

1661638229_ScreenShot2018-11-22at11_06_01AM.jpg.cf9bc3b589f399a244156182ebbbdafe.jpg

So off we went today to find something orange to wear.  Pat picked out a tie at the Bay, and I got an orange "pashmina" off a mall stand.  In the Bay, the saleslady was very interested in our "orangeness" and mentioned that she had been in Amsterdam this year for the King's birthday, and the city was a sea of orange hair!  So we've missed out there.

I'm kind of wondering if this orange party is more of an inauguration of the new Club Orange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When we were just on the Maasdam a few weeks back, there was lots of Orange for sale in the shops.  I purchased an Orange HAL shirt on the Volendam last year and will have it for the inaugural Nieuw Statendam voyage.  I suspect the NS will have lots of Orange for sale on board.

Sounds like you’re going to enjoy a special voyage!  If you had time you could get these shoes from Amazon.  They are super comfortable!

See if you can find out why Captain Darin Bowland is no longer the Take-Out Master.  Have a wonderful time Ann!

AA1AD676-6F3F-4DB2-905B-C1E47D750989.jpeg

Requests for a bit of orange always brings out these crowd favorites:

(When I first visited Holland in the 1960s, men did wear black button up pants, wear wooden shoes and work out in the canals filled with Dutch Iris along with working windmills. Just like the story books said it would be. And every corner had an outdoor pickled herring stall. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.40.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 6.43.54 PM.png

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Sounds like you’re going to enjoy a special voyage!  If you had time you could get these shoes from Amazon.  They are super comfortable!

See if you can find out why Captain Darin Bowland is no longer the Take-Out Master.  Have a wonderful time Ann!

AA1AD676-6F3F-4DB2-905B-C1E47D750989.jpeg

That is cute!  I think I saw some like it in a shoe store in the mall.  I might go in and see if they have them in orange!

35 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

I might bring my Dutch Orange Soccer shirt , because the team is doing great again lately beating world champs France and also Germany  now it's good to wear it again after a couple of lean years !  Hup Holland Hup ! 

Way to go, Holland!🇳🇱

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

"See if you can find out why Captain Darin Bowland is no longer the Take-Out Master. "

I will do my best!

Good luck!  I have found trying to get corporate information out of on-board officials as difficult as getting "teeth out of chickens".