HAL Neptune Suite Amenities Question

seatrial

I have been trying to find a detailed list of amenities included with Neptune suites on HAL's website.  I'm probably missing it, but I can't find such a list.  Does anyone know where I can find such a list?

Thank you for your help.

Agree, the website is very thin on accessible details: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/suites-staterooms.html

It is almost as if the new HAL website does not want to make sales or provide critical, let alone enticing, passenger information. HAL has such a good product in real time, but the website actively works against the actual HAL experience. Total webstie disconnect from those who have gotten to know this product and greatly appreciate it. 

When the website showcases the Neptune Suite and then offers a link to "more information" yet gives you nothing in return, this is remains a major marketing fail.

BTW: Neptune Suites are quite wonderful as many will be able to tell you in great detail, but certainly not this new website.

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Like 2

We've been in a Neptune a few times, and there is a list on the website as to what is included.  From memory, here's what I remember:  priority board, priority disembarkation, special access to Neptune Lounge, flowers in the room, bottle of bubbly in the room, corsage for gala night, complimentary dry cleaning.  There's more, but that's what quickly comes to my old mind.  You will love being in a Neptune, I promise.

Under the description of  Neptune Suite in the various cabin categories, all I could find was the statement : "Amenities include use of the exclusive Neptune Suite, a private concierge and an array of complimentary services."

I suspect specific amenities are not being listed as they are possibly deleting some and adding others (hopefully).

2 minutes ago, CherryG said:

We've been in a Neptune a few times, and there is a list on the website as to what is included.  From memory, here's what I remember:  priority board, priority disembarkation, special access to Neptune Lounge, flowers in the room, bottle of bubbly in the room, corsage for gala night, complimentary dry cleaning.  There's more, but that's what quickly comes to my old mind.  You will love being in a Neptune, I promise.

Good exercise - see if you can find this list easily on the new website.  I know it exists somewhere too, or it has in the past on the old website. But how to find anything more than very superficial descriptions on the new one. Love to learn how to find these details and break through the plain vanilla marketing of this new website. 

I don't recall where I got this but this should cover it:-

Neptune Suite Room Amenities

• Approximately 506–590 sq. ft. including verandah
  • Suite amenities include:
  • NEW: In-suite coffee and espresso machine
  • NEW: Bose® SoundDock®
  • NEW: Expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
  • NEW: Complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
  • NEW: Premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • Use of the exclusive Neptune Lounge and personal concierge service
  • Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
  • Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation
  • Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation
  • Cold hors d’oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
  • Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise
  • Priority boarding for tendered ports of call
  • Special disembarkation service
  • Priority dining and seating requests
  • Exclusive daily breakfast service
  • High tea service in suite on request
  • Elegant wooden clothing brush, lint remover and shoehorn for keeping clothing immaculate
  • Fragrant bath salts and exfoliating loofah mitt for an invigorating shower experience

Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Edited by akenned
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

"Amenities include use of the exclusive Neptune Suite, a private concierge and an array of complimentary services."

Certainly underwhelming.  Agree the web site certainly does not make it sound enticing.

In addition to @akenneds excellent post we have always received a complimentary bottle of champagne from the Captain and the Hotel Director.  And now, on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, the Neptune Suites also receive all the perqs of Club Orange.  A private dining venue for breakfast (in addition to the Pinnacle) and dinner, and a Club Orange bag.  There are probably some other things but it is too soon to know right now.  Hoping someone on the Nieuw Statendam will have some insight.  Somewhere on this board there is a thread or two about Club Orange.

Edited by *Miss G*

2 hours ago, akenned said:

• Elegant wooden clothing brush, lint remover and shoehorn for keeping clothing immaculate
  • Fragrant bath salts and exfoliating loofah mitt for an invigorating shower experience

Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Great list!!

• Like 1

That is a great list that akenned posted, and it's the one that I remember from a year ago when we booked our upcoming cruise. But, that list wasn't included in any of the documentation we received with our reservation. And I can't find any of that information about what's included with our Neptune Suite or in the Neptune Lounge on our cruise 2 weeks from now. In the future, I'll save the info they offered at the time we made out reservation so there won't be any surprises that we can't contest. The changes to the SBP plan, and drink prices currently being discussed by HAL cruisers are particularly annoying.  Our first HAL cruise might be our last.

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Pinnacle Grill.  It is very nice.

Suite Guest now will be offered breakfast in Orange Club on newest Pinnacle Class ships. Supposedly will be implemented on rest of Fleet in designated section of MDR.

Personally will miss breakfast in Pinnacle when we stay in Neptune Suites.

For the Neptune And Pinnacle Suites -- on ships that do not have a dedicated Orange Club -- eating in a section of the dining room instead of the Pinnacle Grill is not a great option.  JMO

On the Amsterdam we had breakfast on the upper level -- it was okay -- but you could hear everyone downstairs.  And service was not great -- slow.

So on the ships that don't have the Orange Club (that others can pay for and eat there) -- just another perk gone for those of us who book the Neptune and Pinnacle Suites.

We too loved our Neptune breakfasts in the Pinnacle restaurant, even when it was "inside" like on the R class ships - with no outside windows. It was so serene and elegant with the large tables and lots of space between tables - wonderful service from the staff who called that Pinnacle space home.

Did not like it at all when they switched R class ships Neptune breakfasts to the upper dining room - with piped in bird songs no less. 

R class ships; Rotterdam-Amsterdam-Volendam-Zaandam

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

We too loved our Neptune breakfasts in the Pinnacle restaurant, even when it was "inside" like on the R class ships - with no outside windows. It was so serene and elegant with the large tables and lots of space between tables - wonderful service from the staff who called that Pinnacle space home.

Did not like it at all when they switched R class ships Neptune breakfasts to the upper dining room - with piped in bird songs no less. 

So suite breakfast is NOT in the Pinnacle Grill on the Rotterdam?  I was assuming that's where it would be since that's where it was on the Eurodam.

9 hours ago, akenned said:

GREAT list!  Thanks!

7 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

We were just on the Zaandam in September this year and Neptune breakfast was in the Pinnacle Grill....

We just had one breakfast in the Pinnacle on the Koningsdam. The staff seemed very confused. It took too long. We never went back.  We did enjoy the fresh fruit in our cabin in the morning and then had a bite in the Neptune Lounge.

It is not easy to find but at the very bottom of the first page of the Holland America website, there's a link to E-brochures.  Downloading one of the available brochures will give you the complete list of suite amenities, including what's available in the Neptune and Pinnacle Suites.  It's a mystery why HAL decided to hide the information ... 😏

On 12/6/2018 at 4:45 PM, SWFLAOK said:

That is a great list that akenned posted, and it's the one that I remember from a year ago when we booked our upcoming cruise. But, that list wasn't included in any of the documentation we received with our reservation. And I can't find any of that information about what's included with our Neptune Suite or in the Neptune Lounge on our cruise 2 weeks from now. In the future, I'll save the info they offered at the time we made out reservation so there won't be any surprises that we can't contest. The changes to the SBP plan, and drink prices currently being discussed by HAL cruisers are particularly annoying.  Our first HAL cruise might be our last.

Included amenities have never been documented on our travel docs and we’ve only ever been in a NS. We know what they are and have never had an issue where we had to demand an included amenity. First thing upon boarding, after dropping our bags in our room,  is go to the NL to meet with the concierge to book our speciality dining and introduce ourselves. If you have any questions about amenities, they will be happy to help you

Typically, in the past, when the price of the drink is raised, so is the dollar limit on the SBP. That’s not happening this time??!

Hubby loves breakfast in the PG, as he likes the relaxed pace and quiet. Is it everyone’s understanding that it is going away, in favor of Club Orange once all the ships are equipped? We are on the Eurodam next week so presuming he’ll still be able to have his quiet breakfast ( while I Have mine on the veranda sipping a mimosa😁)

On 12/6/2018 at 1:59 PM, *Miss G* said:

In addition to @akenneds excellent post we have always received a complimentary bottle of champagne from the Captain and the Hotel Director.  And now, on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, the Neptune Suites also receive all the perqs of Club Orange.  A private dining venue for breakfast (in addition to the Pinnacle) and dinner, and a Club Orange bag.  There are probably some other things but it is too soon to know right now.  Hoping someone on the Nieuw Statendam will have some insight.  Somewhere on this board there is a thread or two about Club Orange.

We've done half a dozen cruises in Neptune Suites, and have never received actual "champagne" as a welcome gift; it's always been a bottle of the house sparkling wine (which I am not fond of, except perhaps for Mimosas).  So after getting to know the Neptune Concierge (or Cellar Master) after a few days, we trade it in for a bottle of real wine :classic_biggrin:

Breakfast in the PG has sometimes been wonderful, especially on sea days and late arrivals, and sometimes very slow with cold food; it really seems to depend on who is running the show...

• Like 1

When we have stayed in the Neptune Suites, there were a couple of times when we were not able to exchange the cheap bottle of sparkling wine -- food and beverage manager didn't allow it.  One was even new (from RCI) and when we talked to him about this, he said the "champagne" had no value.  What a joke.

When we stay in the Pinnacle Suite, we do get a much better bottle of champagne -- the good stuff.