Currently on the Edge(12/16/18) too much misinformation and craziness on this board!

kwokpot

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The philosophy of the Edge is less about a particular age group than a lifestyle which transcends age groups. Let me make an analogy to magazines. Do you read Vanity Fair, Dwell, Elle and Elle Decor? Do you know what Art Basel Miami is? The readers of these publications and attendees of these events are who they are marketing the ship to. 

Exactly.

We're currently on the Edge now and are enjoying all aspects. The Eden show last night was weird but very enjoyable. The three shows in the theatre have all been amazing but nothing like on previous cruises.

Deal or no deal is superior to Bingo and the interactive trivia is much better.

Here's a flaw though. The box for the plugs isn't big enough. For us Brits our plug leads have a thicker end leading to the plug itself so won't fit. Using a U.K. Adapter raises the plug enough to allow the lead to pass through the wire slot. UK adapters side by side also don't fit as the space between the sockets is too tight.

Apart from that this ship is by far the best I've ever sailed on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Exactly.

We're currently on the Edge now and are enjoying all aspects. The Eden show last night was weird but very enjoyable. The three shows in the theatre have all been amazing but nothing like on previous cruises.

Here's a flaw though. The box for the plugs isn't big enough. For us Brits our plug leads have a thicker end leading to the plug itself so won't fit. Using a U.K. Adapter raises the plug enough to allow the lead to pass through the wire slot. UK adapters side by side also don't fit as the space between the sockets is too tight.

Thanks for your post! I’ve been hoping you’d weigh in at some point. I’m happy to see that you’re having a wonderful time, and I hope you’ve managed an invite to a Magic Carpet sail away😉

Edited by Silkroad

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Exactly.

Glad you are enjoying it, Peter! I'm sure Valentina is happy to spend some time with you!😊

2 hours ago, Esprit said:

Exactly.

It sounds like you participated in both Deal or.No Deal and the Trvia with your phone. Can you explain your experience and how it actually worked. Did a lot of people attend?  What was the general feeling among participants?

I did run into Valentina last week.  It was great to meet her even though it was just for a minute or two. I'm sure you are enjoying spending some time with her. 

14 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Jewel of the Seas on one side of us, Oasis on the other! 

IMG_20181220_083320091.jpg

IMG_20181220_085714232.jpg

I couldn't help but NOTICE that with both the Jewel and The Oasis

14 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Jewel of the Seas on one side of us, Oasis on the other! 

IMG_20181220_083320091.jpg

IMG_20181220_085714232.jpg

I couldn't help but NOTICE that with the Jewel and the Oasis, both ships were designed and constructed with lifeboats in a location that did NOT obstruct the view for the first deck of Veranda rooms. You would have thought after the impact of the location of the lifeboats and percentage obstructions for Deck 6 Verandas on the Solstice class ships, Celebrity would have insured this wouldn't be an issue on Edge Class deck 6 Verandas!!!!! 

11 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

I couldn't help but NOTICE that with both the Jewel and The Oasis

I couldn't help but NOTICE that with the Jewel and the Oasis, both ships were designed and constructed with lifeboats in a location that did NOT obstruct the view for the first deck of Veranda rooms. You would have thought after the impact of the location of the lifeboats and percentage obstructions for Deck 6 Verandas on the Solstice class ships, Celebrity would have insured this wouldn't be an issue on Edge Class deck 6 Verandas!!!!! 

This is a  very interesting post.. I think the asnswer has to due with ship's structure.  

May I suggest you move it over  or duplicate it on a general EDGE thread..maybe the "suggestion thread"  would be a good choice or another! You will get more replies..esp from those in   with  technical or other knowledge!

This thread  was a live from EDGE  review .....new reviews are popping up for new sailings...live  from and after people return!

Edited by hcat

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, ohhbother said:

I keep going back and forth as to whether to cancel our Edge cruise in April. We have an S1 corner aft booked, and we booked the first week cabins were released, so we have a decent price. But for basically the same price, I could book the Royal Suite on an S-class ship for the same week. Decisions, decisions... I'm not sure what we're going to do, honestly. We have until final payment in January to figure it out. We just weren't "wowed" by the Edge. We were completely "wowed" by the Bliss, however. I'm so excited about our Alaska sailing in the Haven in May. That is one fantastic ship. I was always an NCL snob - in my mind, it was gaudy, had terrible food, etc. I have never been more wrong. Bliss is stunning, the spa with thalassotherapy pool is to die for, and the food in the specialty restaurants is hands down the best we've ever had on any cruise line. I'm not sure I'm an NCL convert, but I am 100% a Bliss convert.

Even though going on the new ship would be fun......if I was debating between an S1 and a RS and the price was the close to the sam....for me it would be a no brainer....the RS on the "S" class is wonderful.....

19 hours ago, Esprit said:

Exactly.

Is your daughter in the entertainment onboard?

1 hour ago, cruisecookie said:

Which nights were the chic nights?

Although I disembarked in St. Maarten, the first Evening Chic Night was Day 2 and the second should be Day 6. 

Edited by kwokpot

Thanks Kwokpot for allowing me to share your thread. I hope you had pre planned to leave the ship in St Maarten?

Not sure if you got the last gift from Celebrity. A nice portrait picture holder with an Edge picture included.

Here are all the goodies we've received so far.

IMG_3853.JPG

6 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Thanks Kwokpot for allowing me to share your thread. I hope you had pre planned to leave the ship in St Maarten?

Not sure if you got the last gift from Celebrity. A nice portrait picture holder with an Edge picture included.

Here are all the goodies we've received so far.

IMG_3853.JPG

My early disembarkation was planned and not an emergency(This cruise was booked only 6 days before embarkation and we had a prior Family Christmas Holiday trip planned with a late afternoon flight to Spain on the 23rd; not allowing enough time to stay for the entire cruise). Damm, missed out on picture frame! But I love our water bottles!