Select Dining

Watha

We have chosen Select Dining for our forthcoming trip on Celebrity Solstice.  On our booking details online our dining appears as "Traditional Dining."   How do we ensure that we have select dining?   We booked through a travel agent so would she be the best way to make sure that our request has been  recorded?  Thank you!

When I booked our cruise on the Equinox a few weeks ago I wanted the Anytime Dining and was told it was all booked!  Have you ever heard of anything like this before?  I will get it straightened out on the ship as soon as we get on board.....  So now we have no dining arrangements made and I am sure it will all work out. We are seasoned cruisers and this made me laugh because I found it was so outrageous.  

Marion

Select dining can and does get fully booked. After all there are only so many slots.

You can 1. Get waitlisted, 2: Go directly to the maitre D on boarding the ship.

Do both if necessary, however realize that its first come first served and if they can’t accommodate you, it’s not because they don’t want to, the ships crew are EXTREMELY interested in making you happy and will if they can.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mparis184 said:

When I booked our cruise on the Equinox a few weeks ago I wanted the Anytime Dining and was told it was all booked!  Have you ever heard of anything like this before?  I will get it straightened out on the ship as soon as we get on board.....  So now we have no dining arrangements made and I am sure it will all work out. We are seasoned cruisers and this made me laugh because I found it was so outrageous.  

Marion

I've seen it where Select Dining is booked months to almost a year in advance.  

When you had to pay the gratuities in advance that was never the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mafig said:

I've seen it where Select Dining is booked months to almost a year in advance.  

When you had to pay the gratuities in advance that was never the case.

Yes, for our sailing in Nov 2019, Select Dining is fully booked... but we are hopeful that it will materialize by our sailing date.

We booked last April.

bon voyage

Wow this has never happened before to me but we haven't sailed with Celebrity for two years and everything changes.  

If we can't get put on the Select Dining list what are the chances of us showing up and  being seated.  We are a party of two and love sharing.

Marion

3 minutes ago, Mparis184 said:

Wow this has never happened before to me but we haven't sailed with Celebrity for two years and everything changes.  

If we can't get put on the Select Dining list what are the chances of us showing up and  being seated.  We are a party of two and love sharing.

Marion

Are you currently assigned TD? 

5 minutes ago, Mparis184 said:

Select and Late Seating were all booked.  6PM is too early for us to eat so we have no reservations for anything, guess we hit the Lido or eat at the Specialty restaurants.  lol

Marion

If you aren't assigned TD then you can just show up for SD. The reason I asked if you have been assigned TD is you would be turned away from SD even without a reservation because you've been assigned TD already.

Edited by davekathy

The hostess at the entrance stand in the MDR asks for your cabin number and that tells them if you have Traditional Early, Traditional Late or Select Dining.  They are not interchangeable.  Ask your TA or Celebrity if you booked directly, to put you on the waitlist for Select and, as advised, go speak to the Maitre D upon boarding.  They may not be able to accomodate you the first evening but specialty restaurants generally offer discounts on the first evening to free up the MDR.

2 hours ago, Mparis184 said:

Select and Late Seating were all booked.  6PM is too early for us to eat so we have no reservations for anything, guess we hit the Lido or eat at the Specialty restaurants.  lol

Marion

You might want to go on line and check your booking.  I suspect that you have been assigned early Traditional if that is all that is available.

Thanks for all your good suggestions.  I did call our TA and request we get put on the waitlist.  I will see the Maitre D as soon as we board and see what I can do to get Select Dining.  

I just checked my reservation online and we are listed as DINING: CEL SLCT.  Not certain if we are booked for it or if we are waitlisted.  What's your guess?  I will call our TA on Wednesday and check it out.

Thanks again,

Merry Christmas

Marion

1 hour ago, justcrusn said:

You scored!

dont change a thing!

Yay!  Do we still have to make a reservation for the time we want to eat each day or just show up?  All the cruise lines do this differently. 

Thanks

Marion

• 1 month later...