Parking

renza

We've done both parking at the terminal or used Park N Cruise. The terminal is very convenient and an easy walk to your car, unless you've got lots of luggage. Next month, we opted to use Park N Cruise and have always been very pleased with their service. You will see their shuttles come and go about every 10-15 minutes, and the driver will help to load/unload your luggage, so very easy, quick and convenient, as well as saving a few bucks! I believe they also still give you a nice cold bottle of water as you leave the lot, which is much appreciated if it's HOT!

• Thanks 1

We use ParkNCruise, and so far...have been pleased with over 20 stays with them.  Have never had a problem.  They give you one stay free with every four stays booked, and a VA discount.  Nice people.

Would have no problem parking at the port either, but we are so very used to ParkNCruise...we stick with them.  

In Tampa we will only use the Port Authority parking...much more convenient, and much safer compared to some of the alternatives we have

checked out there.  Some of the little private ones are just scary.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

Another vote for parking at the port.  Park c Cruise was $99 for the week which does not include tips for the driver.  Port charge was $136 

Adding a tip for the driver each way you can save around $25 by parking offsite.  Only you can decide if it's worth it or not.  For us the savings isn't worth waiting for the shuttles 

Edited by molly361
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Another vote for parking at the port.  Park c Cruise was $99 for the week which does not include tips for the driver.  Port charge was $136 

My cost for upcoming 1/20/19 Oasis 7 night was 89.32.  And my next Oasis cruise is free (the 5th one).  Tips for the driver...couple of bucks...won't break the bank for me.  😉 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

My cost for upcoming 1/20/19 Oasis 7 night was 89.32.  And my next Oasis cruise is free (the 5th one).  Tips for the driver...couple of bucks...won't break the bank for me.  😉 

To each his own  We like the convenience of being able to just get in our car and go as opposed to waiting for them to fill the shuttles

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, molly361 said:

To each his own

Totally agree...and as I mentioned...I would have no problem parking at the port, (though I did have problems with them in the past).  They are both great options..but until I have a problem with ParkNCruise...I will continue to use them.  

Happy New Year!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

We were big fans of Park N Cruise and have used them maybe 10 times.  We used them when they were relatively new.   They are a good business, have polite staff  and we never had any issues.  Since the prices at Park n Cruise have risen, I agree with some of the other comments about not being worth $30 (or less) you save versus the convenience of parking at the port. 

If you were interested in saving a few dollars, and don’t mind a short shuttle wait (coming and going), I would recommend Park n cruise.  

We park at the port. We have an 8 hour drive home and want to load the car and drive out. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found the parking at the port to be the best experience I have had, either at a cruise port or an airport. I really liked how you paid on entry so when we got off of the ship it was a short walk to the rental car and off to the Magic Kingdom for a day at the park before we caught an early evening flight home. No muss no fuss.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2018 at 3:10 PM, island lady said:

We use ParkNCruise, and so far...have been pleased with over 20 stays with them.  Have never had a problem.  They give you one stay free with every four stays booked, and a VA discount.  Nice people.

Would have no problem parking at the port either, but we are so very used to ParkNCruise...we stick with them.  

In Tampa we will only use the Port Authority parking...much more convenient, and much safer compared to some of the alternatives we have

checked out there.  Some of the little private ones are just scary.  😮 

Spot on! My thoughts exactly!

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2018 at 11:52 AM, JohninDC said:

Agree - parking at the port is easy and convenient.  If you'd like to save a few bucks look at Lots of Honor or Park 'N Cruise.

Another vote for Lots of Honor, http://www.lotsofhonor.com/  Discounts for first responders and veterans, and they rent mobility scooters.

We no longer park offsite - the ease of leaving immediately instead of waiting for the shuttle is more important than saving $30, but if you choose offsite, this is a good company.

• Thanks 1