Loyalty Program for Family Member

AbuAnas

46 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I guess just tell them you all live at the same address???

Wouldnt it show the SO was granted D status by linking?  Then prevent further linking of more people?  But this is Royal IT??  

I figure once you are linked and status match, it would prevent you from linking to do another status match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Nope, you can declare someone else your SO at any time.

This is ripe for abuse if you ask me.  Not that i am even going to do this.  But i could add my sister in law with the same name, then my brother and their family of 4 would be D+.  My wife could add her sister also and then her sister and family of 5 would be D+ also on their first cruise.   

If "SO" was at 350pts, the new SO would also be eligible for all the extra perks at 350 points?  

Edited by frank808
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, frank808 said:

This is ripe for abuse if you ask me.  Not that i am even going to do this.  But i could add my sister in law with the same name, then my brother and their family of 4 would be D+.  My wife could add her sister also and then her sister and family of 5 would be D+ also on their first cruise.   

So if "SO" was at 350pts, the new SO would also be eligible for the extra perks at 350 points?  

Yep could certainly happen and I wonder how much it does. 

37 minutes ago, frank808 said:

If "SO" was at 350pts, the new SO would also be eligible for all the extra perks at 350 points?  

Yes.

However, you can only have one SO at a time, so you would have to unlink before you can link someone different.

38 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes.

However, you can only have one SO at a time, so you would have to unlink before you can link someone different.

Hmm not hard to unlink at all.  Just wondering why royal allows this to be theoretically abused.

6 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Hmm not hard to unlink at all.  Just wondering why royal allows this to be theoretically abused.

Probably because they are more afraid of a lawsuit.

I am a diamond member by way of sailing 16 cruises...my son is a diamond member by way of 3 cruises with me before he was 18 years old.....when I make diamond plus he wont because he is over 18.......If I wanted to I could take someone who has never sailed before on RCCL call up C and A tell them they were my SO and they would give me  (or her/him) a C and A number reflecting my current status.... I could do this many times and could all be different people for every cruise I take as long as I identify them as my SO and list them as living with me....the woman I was with years ago became diamond like this. After our relationship ended she later sailed with someone else and he was diamond because of her. I would guess that if he had younger kids that sailed they would me diamond also..So to break in down you could be sitting in a diamond lounge next to someone who has 100+ nights or someone who is on a ship for the first night in their life...Its just the system.........Its only done up thru Diamond plus - cant be done for pinnicale

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Have you ever confirmed once unlinked points would revert back to their own points?

An individual's points are always their own.  However if one is linked, then Royal's website only shows the highest person's points in the relationship.  The unlinked person with the least number of points keeps their C&A level.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

An individual's points are always their own.  However if one is linked, then Royal's website only shows the highest person's points in the relationship.  The unlinked person with the least number of points keeps their C&A level.

I get that, that’s the policy, but does it really occur? I mean once someone identified as a SO living at the same address then divorces or otherwise not living at the same address, revert back to their points?  Does Royal really do anything about it?  What about, God forbid, death of the higher point person?

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I mean once someone identified as a SO living at the same address then divorces or otherwise not living at the same address, revert back to their points?  Does Royal really do anything about it?  

According to reporting here, no (they do revert to their own points but not lower status) and no. The only time I think someone reported being demoted according to their real points is some kid that was not unlinked at 18 and kept moving up with the parents.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

According to reporting here, no (they do revert to their own points but not lower status) and no. The only time I think someone reported being demoted according to their real points is some kid that was not unlinked at 18 and kept moving up with the parents.

Sounds like if Diamond, they would advance to D+ on their own points??

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I get that, that’s the policy, but does it really occur? I mean once someone identified as a SO living at the same address then divorces or otherwise not living at the same address, revert back to their points?  Does Royal really do anything about it?  What about, God forbid, death of the higher point person?

Yes, once unlinked, the website will show each individual's own points.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, Host Clarea said:

Yes.

But they keep the status it seems.

18 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yeah and spread it too.... 🙄 😱

Yeah.

In one airline program, I can share my status with a companion.  Whatever status I have for the year, they get for the year.

BUT, they only have that status WHILE they are linked to my account.  If I unlink, they go back to whatever THEIR earned status is.  And changes can only be made ONCE PER YEAR.   Status changes on the new year, but have to be arrange several months before.

We first sailed with Royal Caribbean in 2001 for a short 4 day cruise. I don't even know if the C&A program was around then. in 2016 my 21yr old son decided to go on the Anthem with his friends.  I had an old receipt from our on board account that listed all of our names. My son scanned it in and sent it to RC when he enrolled in the C&A program. When we booked our cruise for 2019 we linked the two accounts together and now my wife and I have the same amount of points as he does even though he has one more cruise than us. I never expected that. I did sign up for the C&A when I was searching cruises years ago but since I never booked I only updated our sailing with the invoice after I booked this upcoming cruise. I have also cruised with Celebrity once and my son hasn't. I wonder if the extra points are from them when they did the update to combine the two lines loyalty programs.

It seems from what I have been reading here that the loyalty lounges are the most popular perk when reaching the higher ranks. I was just wondering what benefits do minors receive if they are Dimond and above?

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If someone were to unlink their spouse/partner then link someone else as their SO,  what would happen if they then continued to sail with their unlinked spouse or partner?  I would think that would raise red flags with RCL

What are you hiding from Dan?😇

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If someone were to unlink their spouse/partner then link someone else as their SO,  what would happen if they then continued to sail with their unlinked spouse or partner?  I would think that would raise red flags with RCL

I don't think RC would notice.

However, I was unlinked from my wife once and by the second cruise after unlinking, we were automatically linked again.  We had not been linked with anyone else during that time.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

LOL how would they even know and shy would they care and keep track... 🙄

NO way would they care and nothing they could do anyway... 🙄