Full Suite Questions

Reba 954

This is our first time sailing with Princess, and we have booked an aft full suite.  I have been trying to get answers to a couple small questions, and cant seem to find them.

First, in the mini bar set up that is complimentary, can you trade for bourbon?  or specifically Jack Daniels?  

Second, I've read conflicting reports about whether you get 2 free bottles of water each day or not.  We are on the Crown Princess in March.  I am wondering if anyone has been on her recently and knows the answer for sure.  I was going to order bottled water, but not if its free:)

Third, is there an Elite Lounge on the Crown?  And if so, is it free drinks like Michaels Club on Celebrity?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Rebecca

Welcome to Princess, Rebecca...

The Mini Bar setup consists of two of each of the following.  Alcoholic beverages can be traded for either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages; non-alcoholic can be traded within category only.

• Courvoisier VS
  • Beefeater Gin
  • Skyy Vodka
  • Dewar's Scotch Whisky
  • Dos Equis Beer

• Coke
  • Sprite
  • Tonic Water
  • Perrier
  • Bottled Water

On the Royal we have sometimes received two bottles of water daily...sometimes not.  The policy seems to change with the winds.

There is an Elite Lounge on the Crown.  Unfortunately no free drinks.

Enjoy your cruise...

Edited by -Lew-

10 minutes ago, Reba 954 said:

This is our first time sailing with Princess, and we have booked an aft full suite.  I have been trying to get answers to a couple small questions, and cant seem to find them.

First, in the mini bar set up that is complimentary, can you trade for bourbon?  or specifically Jack Daniels?

You will receive 8 x 50ml bottles of spirits , normally 2 Gordons gin, 2 Dewars scotch, 2 Sky vodka and 2 cognac. You will also receive 2 bottles of beer, generally Dos Equis, 2 pint size bottles of water, 2 Perrier, and 6 cans of soda. You can trade spirits on a one for one basis for any other spirits that are on the menu. I don't think Jack Daniels is on the menu. You can trade any of the non-alcoholic beverages on a 1 for 1 basis for other non-alcoholic beverages. You can also trade alcoholic beverages for non-alcoholic on a 1 for 1 basis. You can also trade the entire mini bar for two coffee packages or one bottle of wine.

Second, I've read conflicting reports about whether you get 2 free bottles of water each day or not.  We are on the Crown Princess in March.  I am wondering if anyone has been on her recently and knows the answer for sure.  I was going to order bottled water, but not if its free:)

Third, is there an Elite Lounge on the Crown?  And if so, is it free drinks like Michaels Club on Celebrity?

No exclusive full suite or elite lounge on the Crown Princess. Also, no free drinks. There is a late afternoon happy hour for all Platinum, Elite and Full Suite passengers where there is some munchies plus a limited number of drinks for $6.50 +15% (I think that is the current price). It is usually held in Skywalker's, but could be in Club Fusion. You will receive a card in your cabin about this. It can be crowded as maybe half the ship qualifies to attend.

Rebecca

See some information above.

12 minutes ago, Reba 954 said:

The mini bar set up is complimentary one time; whatever mini's they provide is what you get. you can trade out the mini bar for coffee cards

you should get two bottles of water per day per person.

have not been on Crown; so do not know answer to this question

Rebecca

Rebecca,  I highlighted my answers in Red

6 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

You will love the additional space! Congratulations on your first cruise with Princess and your full suite!

Don't forget to go to Sabatini's for breakfast! It is divine!!!

And also, you can order room service off the MDR menu for no additional charge, even the day of disembarkation.  

Thanks so much to everyone!  We are really looking forward to trying Princess.  We are Elite with Celebrity but we got so tired of the same ole itineraries on the same ships...lol(a sad problem to have!!!).  We live in Florida and pretty much stay in the Caribbean, because of limitations in time available.  Hopefully going to try Europe next year.    I have heard great things about Princess, so we are excited.  But there is a lot to learn!  One other question I thought of...does anyone have a suggestion for lunch on embarkation day, besides the buffet?  Want to try and avoid crowds.

It is one bottle of water per day per person not 2 as someone wrote above. The main dining is open embarkation day but they will try to steer you to the buffet, just say no thank you, which dining room is open today. Sometimes I have received Jack Daniels Red Label not the Dewars so it's hit or miss. Don't forget you have Club Class dining not the regular anytime which is wonderful. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

It is one bottle of water per day per person not 2 as someone wrote above. The main dining is open embarkation day but they will try to steer you to the buffet, just say no thank you, which dining room is open today. Sometimes I have received Jack Daniels Red Label not the Dewars so it's hit or miss. Don't forget you have Club Class dining not the regular anytime which is wonderful. 

ooooohhhhh...the Jack would make hubby very happy...lol   Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Reba 954 said:

Thanks so much to everyone!  We are really looking forward to trying Princess.  We are Elite with Celebrity but we got so tired of the same ole itineraries on the same ships...lol(a sad problem to have!!!).  We live in Florida and pretty much stay in the Caribbean, because of limitations in time available.  Hopefully going to try Europe next year.    I have heard great things about Princess, so we are excited.  But there is a lot to learn!  One other question I thought of...does anyone have a suggestion for lunch on embarkation day, besides the buffet?  Want to try and avoid crowds.

Not sure what ship your are sailing on (didn't see you mention it but maybe you did).  

You can always eat in the Main Dining Room.  They may try to steer you to the buffet but there is a MDR open until 1:30 PM on the day of boarding.  It's not widely advertised.  If your ship is honoring the Club Class dining on the day of embarkation, since you are in a suite, you will also be able to take advantage of that for lunch.  It is just in another section of the MDR that will be open, at least in my experience on the Grand Class ships.  

You may have Alfredos (for sit down pizza ... some ships serve salads as well) depending the ship.  There is also the International Cafe on all ships, I believe.  Out by the pool, there will be a grill (not dogs, hamburger and such) and a place for pizza.  I'm also pretty sure all ships have this but referencing the ones on which I've sailed, not the newer ships.  

LOL on our last cruise on the Ruby they tried SO hard to say there wasn't a DR open. There was. I think it opened at noon?? We enjoyed mimosa's and margaritas while we waited for it to open. It's a wonderful place to go! 

19 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Are you saying that there are mini bottles available that are not included in the min bar set up?  

Or are you just saying that on some of your cruises Princess has Jack Daniels instead of Dewars.  Seems strange since Jack is not a scotch.  Could it have been Johnnie Walker Red instead of Dewars?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reba 954 said:

Rebecca

Enjoy your cruise.  Since I cruise on both Celebrity and Princess Suites, I would be happy to answer any detailed questions.

The Princess Suite Cabin is very nice with a great bathroom and balcony furniture.  I would say the Suite itself is superior to a Sky Suite, but not as roomy as a Royal Suite.

I always swap my mini liquor bottles for Scotch (always been Dewars) and my soda for Diet Soda.  Do you have the Sip and Sail deal with your booking?  If not, I suggest you do not buy the drink package.  Princess’s drinks (non and alcoholic) are significantly less expensive than Celebrity’s drinks.

As suggested, take advantage of the speciality dining room breakfast for suites. It is super nice in our opinion.

There is nothing like a Michael’s Club on the Crown.(at least there was not on her sister ship, the Emerald)

We received one bottle of water per person each day.

Of course Club Dining is not the same as Luminae, but we thought it was very nice.  You can use it on the day of embarkation.

We always enjoy room service breakfast on the last morning.  A great benefit IMO to avoid some of the crowds.

Have a great time.

Edited by jagoffee

53 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Johnny Walker Red Label?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reba 954 said:

One DR is open from noon to 1:30 on embarkation day. Since you are in a full suite you can dine in the Club Class section. The DR is normally on deck 6 mid ship. 

Other Dining information

Being in a full suite you can have breakfast each day in Sabatini's (sometimes it's the Crown Grill), but still believe it's Sabatini's on the Crown Princess. This is exclusive to full suite passengers only. You could also have breakfast in the Club Class DR if you want to.

Club Class DR is open for lunch on sea days only. Closed for lunch on port days.

In the evening you can dine in the Club Class DR.

By the way Club Class Dining is walk in anytime the DR is open. You can plan your dining around your evening activities and not be locked into a fixed dining time.

Room Service is always an option and full suites may order room service from the full DR menu, not just the limited room service menu.

On the first evening of the cruise you have a complimentary specialty dinner in either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. Call the dining line to make a reservation once on board. This can not be pre-booked, but there are tables available for full suite passengers. These restaurants normally have a surcharge. Other surcharge dining options Crab Shack, Ultimate Balcony Dining (Breakfast of Dinner), Chef's table.

No Charge dining options include:

Horizon Ct./Cafe Carib buffet all sections or some remain open 5am until around 11pm every day, never closes.

Grill, pizza & soft ice cream by the Lido Pool. Open 11am until mid evening every day.

International Cafe on deck 5. Open 24/7

Hope this information helps.

Reba, I think you have had all your questions answered.  I just wanted to add a comment.  Last month cruised the Mexican Riviera on the Ruby Princess.  This cruise was our first experience with an aft-facing suite--C749.  The Ruby Princess and the Crown Princess are sister ships.  So, there might be some similarities in our experience. 

We found that dining on our balcony was very pleasant.  Specifically, we had no problems with wind.  Twice we ordered dinner from room service off the dining room menu, one evening we enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, one evening we grabbed some pizza from the Lido Deck and some salads from the International Cafe and one morning we enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast on our balcony.  We have never enjoyed our balcony so much--mostly, because it is, usually, just too windy.

I hope you enjoy yours as much,

Congrats!  Just know that you only have yourself to blame when future cruises not in a full suite do not meet your expectations!  LOL!  Seriously though, you will love it!  Everyone seems to have answered your questions sufficiently, but I have a piece of advice.  As someone who has been on two sailings in a full suite on Princess, if your room steward is not meeting the service level that a suite demands (remember, you are paying for this) go to guest services and keep pushing until they make it right.

I only share this because on our first sailing we had a pretty great experience and the second was less than stellar.  I just want you and others to fully enjoy this experience and not allow an inexperienced room steward to make it any less.  And if you don't get all that you deserve (remember, you're paying for it) then let Princess know by emailing them directly.  They did make it right by giving us a generous cruise credit and I really appreciated it.

My favorite suite perks: 

1. Club Class Dining

2. Suite breakfast in Sabatini's (or other location depending on the ship)

3. Free same day laundry service (NO laundry when you get home)

4. Afternoon tea served in your suite

There are so many others, but these were the most memorable.  ENJOY! 

48 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Congrats!  Just know that you only have yourself to blame when future cruises not in a full suite do not meet your expectations!  LOL!  Seriously though, you will love it!  Everyone seems to have answered your questions sufficiently, but I have a piece of advice.  As someone who has been on two sailings in a full suite on Princess, if your room steward is not meeting the service level that a suite demands (remember, you are paying for this) go to guest services and keep pushing until they make it right.

I only share this because on our first sailing we had a pretty great experience and the second was less than stellar.  I just want you and others to fully enjoy this experience and not allow an inexperienced room steward to make it any less.  And if you don't get all that you deserve (remember, you're paying for it) then let Princess know by emailing them directly.  They did make it right by giving us a generous cruise credit and I really appreciated it.

My favorite suite perks: 

1. Club Class Dining

2. Suite breakfast in Sabatini's (or other location depending on the ship)

3. Free same day laundry service (NO laundry when you get home)

4. Afternoon tea served in your suite

There are so many others, but these were the most memorable.  ENJOY! 

From our experience, getting your laundry back the same day is a very rare occurrence.

4 hours ago, Reba 954 said:

Go to the Club Class Dining area for embarkation lunch.  It's as close to Luminae on Celebrity as you will get.  We loved it on the Regal.  Service was excellent!  

We are also long time Celebrity(Elite Plus) but have only one future cruise booked because we too want more varied itineraries and also Celebrity has gone nuts with their pricing.  

Not sure if the Crown has Vines Wine bar or not but we loved it on the Regal too.

As far as the mini bar is concerned we don't drink much hard liquor at all so we traded the contents for a nice bottle of red wine.  

While we received the daily water, we drink a lot of it so we had two 12 packs delivered to the room on the first day.  Princess offers this for around $7.00 I believe!  A great deal and so much easier than carrying on board. 

I hope you enjoy Princess, we loved the Regal and have already booked 2 more cruises on the Sky for next year!

7 hours ago, Reba 954 said:

I have never seen mini bottles of Jack Daniels or any type of bourbon in a mini bar setup.  You can only trade for the 4 types of alcohol that have been mentioned.  One way you can get Jack or any bourbon is to buy through Room service where the Jack Daniels (375 ml bottles) sells for around $26 and various bourbons are cheaper.

You will love being pampered in a suite!  The cutest little things are the 'Sleep' kits that arrive on your bed - especially a little cube of aromatics that you place on the shower floor and the hot water and steam releases these gorgeous, sleep inducing fragrances.  Our lovely steward bought me a new cube each morning - such pampering!  As someone else also mentioned, playing grownups on the balcony while taking afternoon tea is such fun!  My bank balance will probably not afford a suite again for a very long time, but my oh my, what an indulgence it was!  Enjoy :-) 

26 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Totally agree about breakfast at Sabatini's ….it is one of THE best suite perks....just wonderful

We just booked a May sailing on Caribbean Princess. We were told Sabatini's is not used for suite pax breakfasts. Instead there is a special area in the MDR for suite pax. Was this agent correct as after thinking about eating in the MDR, we cancelled the cruise.

We loved Sabatini's!