Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

46 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

How long would you expect it to be until we start seeing photos and videos of the inside?

Not sure, probably not until about handover time, or could be later.  April/May???  P&O may release some nearer the time.

• Like 1

The float pit does make Iona seem real. A ship not just blocks. 

On the videos it looked to me like she was operating under her own power. I may have imagined smoke and a wake form bow thrusters. I had thought she would be towed out. Hopefully that bodes well for the LNG power plant being up and running, and not delaying anything. It may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Best wishes, Stephen. 

On the videos it looked to me like she was operating under her own power. I may have imagined smoke and a wake form bow thrusters. I had thought she would be towed out. Hopefully that bodes well for the LNG power plant being up and running, and not delaying anything. It may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Best wishes, Stephen. 

31 minutes ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

Best wishes, Stephen. 

Definitely had power running from her generators, and sure looked like props and thrusters were also used to assist.

2 hours ago, happy v said:

That's a very BIG ship!!!😃

She is actually only 7m longer than Britannia and 2m less beam, so in terms of distances to walk she is very similarr. The big difference of course is that Iona has 3 extra decks, so the lifts will probably be kept busy.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, SarahHben said:

How long would you expect it to be until we start seeing photos and videos of the inside?

I find it quite interesting that P&O have deliberately chosen not to release much information about the ship's various venues.  In the past, they have drip-fed information and artists' impressions of their new ship's interiors but this time only details of the atrium, skydome and cabins have been released.  It is now only 12 weeks until the Maiden Cruise and almost nothing is known about her interiors.

19 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I find it quite interesting that P&O have deliberately chosen not to release much information about the ship's various venues.  In the past, they have drip-fed information and artists' impressions of their new ship's interiors but this time only details of the atrium, skydome and cabins have been released.  It is now only 12 weeks until the Maiden Cruise and almost nothing is known about her interiors.

Good point, as opposed to the new Virgin ship, it seems to have had daily updates, images etc. 

Although I doubt we would ever go on it, I feel like me and the 'Scarlet Lady' are old friends.. 

Andy 

As our cruise is getting nearer I have started taking a look at the plans. I find it a bit strange that the Boarding areas on deck 4 seems to be not a lot of space. Perhaps it’s just the way the plans are drawn so will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Good point, as opposed to the new Virgin ship, it seems to have had daily updates, images etc. 

Although I doubt we would ever go on it, I feel like me and the 'Scarlet Lady' are old friends.. 

Andy 

That's quite brave Andy - admitting in public that you are friendly with a scarlet woman... 😉😁

• Like 1