Questions on Deluxe Beverage Package

onecruise

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I cannot find an answer.  Now, I don't agree with people that try to sneak and share the alcohol package, but I'm just curious as to how stringent the crew is if I let my (underage) son or daughter use my soda cup to get a drink every now and then?  Do they stand at the soda stations and check your sea pass card?  I'm just curious about their strictness.  This will be on the HOTS. Please don't be mean, I'm just thinking out loud. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, onecruise said:

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I cannot find an answer.  Now, I don't agree with people that try to sneak and share the alcohol package, but I'm just curious as to how stringent the crew is if I let my (underage) son or daughter use my soda cup to get a drink every now and then?  Do they stand at the soda stations and check your sea pass card?  I'm just curious about their strictness.  This will be on the HOTS. Please don't be mean, I'm just thinking out loud. :classic_biggrin:

I can share with you my first hand story. My 30 year old son was buying the ultimate beverage package for himself from the Kiosk onboard Oasis in the Promenade.  His 11 yearly daughter asked the host how to get a coke.  The host handed her the cup and pointed to the freestyle machine next to Sorrento's pizza.  She used the cup all week.  They really don't seem to care.  Same trip my son was sitting at the bar in the pub having a beer, my wife saw him, walked in to say hello and my son ordered a martini and passed it to her while they both sat at the bar. My son does tip well. 

They don’t care for soda. They do really care for trying to share alcohol packages which is understandable. Families share soda packages all the time from what I have seen. I personally don’t see it as a big deal or something to be worried about. 

25 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I can share with you my first hand story. My 30 year old son was buying the ultimate beverage package for himself from the Kiosk onboard Oasis in the Promenade.  His 11 yearly daughter asked the host how to get a coke.  The host handed her the cup and pointed to the freestyle machine next to Sorrento's pizza.  She used the cup all week.  They really don't seem to care.  Same trip my son was sitting at the bar in the pub having a beer, my wife saw him, walked in to say hello and my son ordered a martini and passed it to her while they both sat at the bar. My son does tip well. 

Thanks for sharing this with me.  My kids don't drink soda to excess, but I thought why not one or two.  Just for a treat.  My hubby and I both got the deluxe package since we are sharing a room.  My kids would never drink enough soda to make it worthwhile to purchase the package for them.

29 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Meanwhile if you only want one deluxe package and one refreshment package you have to call and order it over the phone. Plus they question you as to why you don't want 2 deluxe packages. 

1 hour ago, debgreg said:

No one checks , it’s a free style machine you just put the cup under and it works, usually in the promenade cafe....we always get the DP and never use the cup as we don’t drink soda 

Long as it's ship with Freestyle machine. But 3-4 times have been asked to show my card on first few days when Crew fills Coke cup...

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Meanwhile if you only want one deluxe package and one refreshment package you have to call and order it over the phone. Plus they question you as to why you don't want 2 deluxe packages. 

It was just my son and his daughter in a cabin, and he did pay full price by buying the package onboard. 

Long as it's ship with Freestyle machine. But 3-4 times have been asked to show my card on first few days when Crew fills Coke cup...
Yes, even with the cup, I sometimes was asked for for my card on Adventure last summer. Over two weeks, it was probably not more than 3 or 4 times. The first time it happened, I asked about it, and the bartender said the cups get stolen, so they randomly check cards.

I wonder if they ever take the cup of your card doesn't show a package?

1 minute ago, traveler1980 said:

Do you have to carry the cup given with the purchase of the package then to use the freestyle machines?  Can you get soda while dining, at a bar without the cup?  I'm new to this obviously!  

You only need the cup to use the freestyle machines.  You can get a soda at any bar or dining room by simply showing your seapass card.

31 minutes ago, traveler1980 said:

Do you have to carry the cup given with the purchase of the package then to use the freestyle machines?  Can you get soda while dining, at a bar without the cup?  I'm new to this obviously!  

However, when you don't use the cup, you only have about 6 different choices for soda.

2 minutes ago, traveler1980 said:

Any tips and tricks then on the soda cup?  Seems pretty inconvenient to carry around and do you bring dish soap then to clean it?  

You can use the soap in your stateroom.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

A couple of years ago, there was a thread about a kid broke the cup apart, and in the bottom is a plastic disk with the RFID chip in it.

He just carried the disk and used a normal cup.

That video is on youtube.